Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #23:2011.11.07, Nuremberg Arena, Nuremberg, DE, # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 12655 times)

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
C#23 Nuremberg

AMIT atendees:-  

Jana

Set List

1. Why Aye Man
2. Cleaning My Gun
3. Sailing to  Philadelphia
4. Hill Farmer's Blue
5. Privateering
6. Song for Sonny Liston
7. Haul Away
8. Marbletown
9. Brothers in Arms
10. Speedway at Nazareth
11. So Far Away

Bob Dylan's Set list

1. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat (Bob on keyboard, Mark Knopfler on guitar)
2. It's All Over Now, Baby Blue (Bob and Mark Knopfler on guitar)
3. Things Have Changed (Bob center stage with harp, Mark Knopfler on guitar)
4. Mississippi (Bob on keyboard, Mark Knopfler on guitar)
5. Honest With Me (Bob on guitar)
6. Tangled Up In Blue (Bob center stage with harp)
7. The Levee's Gonna Break (Bob on keyboard)
8. Desolation Row (Bob on keyboard)
9. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on keyboard)
10. Man In The Long Black Coat (Bob center stage with harp)
11. Thunder On The Mountain (Bob on keyboard)
12. Ballad Of A Thin Man (Bob center stage with harp)
13. All Along The Watchtower (Bob on keyboard)
14. Like A Rolling Stone (Bob on keyboard)
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
C#23 Nuremberg

AMIT atendees:- 

Jana

Set List

Bob Dylan's Set list

sure hope jana will able  to send us some info  8)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineJana

• Camerado
I think we all always know  ;D

1. What It Is or Why Aye Man
2. Cleaning My Gun
3. Sailing to  Philadelphia
4. Hill Farmer's Blue
5. Privateering
6. Song for Sonny Liston
7. ...
8. Marbletown
9. Brothers in Arms
10. Speedway at Nazareth
11. So Far Away

I'm going soon to the Arena. We have a a wonderful sunny day here - perfect time for a walk before concert at Dutzendteich (an area around Arena)
...yes I need a little water of love...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Hope you have a good time, Jana!   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineJana

• Camerado
... And the opener will be... WAM (soundcheck)  :)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
From ER:

Bob's set:

1 Leopard-Skin Bill-Box Hat (Mark on guitar)
2 It's All Over Now, Baby Blue (Mark on guitar)
3 Things Have Changed (Mark on guitar)
4 Mississippi (Mark on guitar)
5 Honest With Me (new arrangement)

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 09:45:12 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
looks like Mark even forces Bob to play the same songs night after night... ;D
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
looks like Mark even forces Bob to play the same songs night after night... ;D

Sooner or later Bob had to learn the goodies of the autopilot

;D
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineJana

• Camerado
1. WAM
7. Haul Away

Amazing evening!

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
Thanks for the setlist info and the brief review.  Updated!
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
Re: Concert #23:2011.11.07, Nuremberg Arena, Nuremberg, DE, # SPOILER AHEAD #
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 08:33:03 PM »

Very nice recording!
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineJana

• Camerado
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 10:50:41 PM »

Very nice recording!

Privateering! My fav. And great quality. Thanks Lars!

I'm really sorry, but unfortunately I haven't time to write an review in english ( in russian it's here: http://sil-ber.livejournal.com/90961.html  :))

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 12:56:21 AM »

Very nice recording!

Privateering! My fav. And great quality. Thanks Lars!

I'm really sorry, but unfortunately I haven't time to write an review in english ( in russian it's here: http://sil-ber.livejournal.com/90961.html  :))

Sorry for using an online translation, just wanna get a glimps at your review:

The joy of meeting an old friend.

The first row. Here I am, and there - "at arm's length" - Mark.

The perfect concert, one little remark - sit still was sometimes hard to ...

Arena as a premise for the concert location was wrong. This is a relatively small hockey hall. I do not know for how much it was designed, but in a single corridor was not overcrowded.

Dialogue at the entrance to the hall:

SECURITY: The first number? How can this be?

Me: Well, first there is a number and somebody has to sit there. Why would not I?

Actually, I was already less everywhere talk about fanklubovskoy predprodazhe. We do not want competition. Because to be near the stage - it is not comparable to anything else.

Show ticket and proof that you have the right to go to the scene, then had not yet odinozhdy. When I went to her place, she saw near the two women with whom we exchanged a few words near the cash register. They too have bought tickets through predprodazhu, but they only got 4th row. They, too, it was not the first concert, but they were here because of Bob. We were like a mirror image of each other. For them, was important in the first place, Bob and Mark, they did not know, but said they liked it. I was at the concert because of the brand, but in general I Bob also pleasantly impressed.

And next to me in the front row sat a young man from Bremen fan of Mark, with the same enthusiastic eyes, as I have. We had a long conversation with him - it's nice to talk to the same sumashedschimi. I was glad that he was near, but not bored bobologist.

The program was already expected in the general, without any surprises.

1. Why Aye Man
2. Cleaning My Gun
3. Sailing to Philadelphia
4. Hill Farmer's Blues
5. Privateering
6. Song for Sonny Liston
7. Haul Away
8. Marbletown
9. Brothers in Arms
10. Speedway at Nazareth
11. So Far Away
The value of this concert for me was the proximity to the brand, including how well it could be seen. And no walking around with glasses of beer by! No one and nothing to distract attention, so I'm completely focused on what's happening on stage and sound. In general, nothing special happened, everything was as usual. At some point during the Marbletown I just closed on their own eyes and leaving only the sound wave, rolling on the scene, almost physically pushing gently on the chest. Mark also permanently closed my eyes, well, this way it is well known to us. And when my eyes were open, I admired his guitars. Still, they had the most beautiful from an aesthetic point of view, comparing them with the guitar dilanskogo guitarist could not stand. Mark was, like all the concerts this year, in a black shirt with sleeves rolled up a bit, left wrist bandaged.

And other little things that are visible only near ... Beads of sweat dripping from his face, John, during his intensive work on Marbletown. Ian, make a show brutal faces. I think he brings a new, fresh energy to the team, perhaps because for him it's still a novelty.

After drayvovoy Song for Sonny Liston, Mark picked up the steel guitar (not sure if it was the National) and my heart sank: "Is it absolutely Bonaparte?". But no, it was a new song Haul Away, I did somehow do not understand. It sounded long, and it remains in memory is not much, just what Mike plays at the end of the flute, Mark looks at him, and on the faces of us, the spectators in the front row, reflections from the (ok, we assume) NATIONAL, run .. .

Oh yeah! And before that glance into the room, covering his eyes with his hand: "All in all in order ...? A new song ... "Pause. Richard long look. Silence. "Good paint!". Just do not know what would happen if Mark ever cease to do so)

Brothers in Arms finally softened my heart, and Speedway at Nazareth tore the roof. It is growing internal pressure, speed and depth of guitar sound, the yield on the peak and precipice. Flight and liberation.

Although I promised myself to behave calmly, but when the lights went out in the hall after Spidvey, I thought, 'What the hell? How long can you sit? Is not it time to stand pat at least? "Before that, after the BIA, a couple of people in the front row stood up, but not many who supported it. But for me, not the BIA is a song that tears the place. It adjusts to the more pensive mood. Speedway is a different matter, remain seated after the impossible. And if there is no leap to the stage, there is no successful completion of a concert. So after I got up and Speedway took two steps to the railing, turned back and began to call the front row with his hands, "get up and come to the stage." Or because it is done by many, or security guard was removed earlier. And somebody, damn it, there must have been the first? In Munich, no one dared. The first next to me were those two fans Dylan from the 4th row. After half a minute and hauled the other.

And there was light and bright So Far Away, and a farewell to Mark and others.

A pause.

Getting out of the room was very hard, it was hot and terribly thirsty.

As long as we got out and bought something over the lights went out and we hurried back. And once again had all the time to prove that "yes, we have front-row seats." But it is in principle good - "the order must be!". In the beginning, Mark was also on stage. He left only one place in the middle, because Bob was standing right behind the keyboard. This time, I heard Mark play a much clearer, I think he's the best fit with the overall picture. He played with obvious enthusiasm and pleasure. The most curious to see his face. It was a completely different person. Those who have closely watched him when he was on the scene the main character, knows what he is focused and serious, with a detached gaze into the distance. Immediately he was fully "here". Wide-open eyes, lifted high his eyebrows. You know, I just remembered one of his photos from the DS. On it, he is quite young, is holding its own Polaroid pictures. It is amazing. This was the same person who went through many years, but he carried with him through them, it's expression. And then he had broken away from his signature number half-open mouth and protruding tongue, that I have is just an attack of tenderness and softening of the brain)

Something they're played with Bob, I do not know that. After the fourth song ended, the lights went out again, but not completely. Could be seen as a farewell, Mark and Bob hugged and slapped each other on the back. Then, as tenderly and with what respect is Mark and Bob, significantly raised the last in my eyes.

Then everything was not easy. In some of the things my delight began to decline, the music of Bob began to seem to me too loud and obtrusive. Here is the deal. It is like a wave. If you caught it, it you suffered, took over, then you move with it and in it. There was a time when the stage rumbled something typically rokenrollskoe, and Hall did not respond. Seats! Well, unless you can sit when the music sounds so? Strange state. Cognitive dissonance. My mind refused to understand it. Or do you give yourself the music, or is it just boring.

The second happened to my neighbor.

"So far, no one goes" - I said, looking room behind us.

"Oh no, we're leaving now" - he replied.

So close to us two seats vacant, which once ran lady friends from the 4th row), but there's already happened "all ran and I ran," and people went straight to the barrier. We got up and went forward too. It became a little easier because you can just dance to the rhythmic music, do not care how it sounds. Bob you are not Mark, it has not need to listen and to let him inside yourself. You just have to let it fill the space around the music and forget the rest. Or, take it or leave it. And Mr. Bean, this wily old fox hard-boiled, very good at winning over the. That he did not take away.

Interestingly, after this concert I have no sorrow. Only ease the soul and the joy of knowing that soon we'll see you again.

OfflineWhoopster

• Guitar George
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 10:31:05 PM »

Very nice recording!

Thank you.
The video was made with my photo camera, I don't have a camcorder or sth., just that crappy Panasonic photo camera, and it was my first video I ever recorded in life, so yes, I'm a bit proud and I was really fascinated how good it got.
Hope you enjoy the video!

...And I was so sad Mark is not playing Telegraph Road on the 2011 tour! :(

Nice website and forum by the way, didn't know this place before and will take a deeper look, so "Welcome MK community" :-)

Sascha

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 01:02:24 AM »
Thank you.
The video was made with my photo camera, I don't have a camcorder or sth., just that crappy Panasonic photo camera, and it was my first video I ever recorded in life, so yes, I'm a bit proud and I was really fascinated how good it got.
Hope you enjoy the video!

...And I was so sad Mark is not playing Telegraph Road on the 2011 tour! :(

Nice website and forum by the way, didn't know this place before and will take a deeper look, so "Welcome MK community" :-)

Sascha

Welcome on board

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 38 queries.