Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Harmonic Balancing  (Read 26038 times)

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
Re: Harmonic Balancing
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2008, 04:24:45 PM »
Quote Gerry: "By remastering with Har-Bal, the deep, strong resonance of Mark's voice comes alive, every breath is heard, every sign and moan, and the song comes alive in the listener as if MK were in the room, singing only to her! "

OMG Gerry after reading your messge and listening to one of Mark
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Rollergirl

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2008, 04:29:09 PM »
I can tell you, there won't be much Harmonic Balancing the next seconds between hubby and me!  ;D

LOL :D

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 01:08:42 PM »
Hi Gerry - do you have the new version of Boothbay upoaded somewhere so we can hear the difference?
Sounds an interesting tool.

OfflineGerry

• Guitar George
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 08:53:17 PM »
Hi Simon,

I am just beginning to re-work Boothbay and will be done in a day or two. I'm sorry to say I've never uploaded any boots to one of the torrent sites like Dime or SC. My impression is that the remastering of someone else's recording is frowned upon, understandably. But, since this is my wife's recording of Boothbay, I would be willing to upload the finished product. Perhaps, an experienced uploader on this forum could help?

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 06:12:26 PM »
Hi Gerry,
Can your program remove coughs, conversation, and very annoying noise caused by the stupid taper's handling of the microphone.    That would be moi. :-\
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 08:51:11 PM »
ROFL IrisRose!  ;D

Gerry I don't have Boothbay yet, can you please tell me where and when you upload? I would like to download then. ;)

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

OfflineGerry

• Guitar George
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 05:27:18 PM »
Hello IrisRose,

I'm sorry to say Har-Bal cannot help us with the coughs, burps, snorts, off-key sing-a-longs and out-of-time clapping. Too bad we don't have a good SB recording of this tour. Between song comments can, of course, be edited out. You know, like the F-bombs tossed around by Gbobmi and Scupperman on Boothbay for those with more delicate sensibilities (no one on this Forum, of course! ;D). I know it's possible, probably with more sophisticated software.

Can you help me get the new remaster of Boothbay uploaded somewhere online? I'd be happy to send the discs to any experienced uploader. 

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 08:20:42 PM »
well i am experienced, me thinks,..then there's allen...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2008, 05:54:48 AM »
Hopefully we can get a copy from you, Gerry, I'm really interested in your final edited version, and wanna upload and share with more fans, although I've got 3 versions, and the fourth's on its way.  Just reviewed the whole show yesterday, and I'm now more interested in this particular show.  Here's my address below.

Wishes
Allen
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 05:58:02 AM by allen »
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflineGerry

• Guitar George
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2008, 07:24:14 PM »
Hello Allen,

I'll be happy to send you a copy. I'm also sending Pottel a copy which he is going to upload. It's a holiday here (Labor Day), so I won't be able to mail until Tuesday. I have no idea how long it will take to get to you. Hopefully, soon! :)

Best Wishes,
Gerry

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 03:40:17 AM »
Thanks in advance!  I'll let you know when I get it.  And hopefully Pottel could ease my thirst a little bit earlier.

Wishes
Allen  ;)
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 05:31:23 AM »
I'm sorry to say Har-Bal cannot help us with the coughs, burps, snorts, off-key sing-a-longs and out-of-time clapping. Too bad we don't have a good SB recording of this tour. Between song comments can, of course, be edited out. You know, like the F-bombs tossed around by Gbobmi and Scupperman on Boothbay for those with more delicate sensibilities (no one on this Forum, of course! ;D). I know it's possible, probably with more sophisticated software.

A few months back, I was reading an article about a piece of software that can directly access notes in music and subsequently change their pitch. There is also a youtube video about it:

The program is still in its infancy, but I think the possibilities for removing noise or "interruptions" from audio (and even remixing it!) will be endless as this type of software evolves.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 07:05:13 AM »
Hi Gerry,
Thanks for the reply.   I just figured since all of those genius techs on the cop shows could do it, anyone could.   ;D Ah well.
It the remaster copy of Boothbay yours or Elian's?   How many versions are circulating now?  Is Elian's new one out now?   
Is the one that Gayle circulated the remaster you're talking about?   Or Matt's?
Are the three versions so different that we are going to need them all?
Since Allen and Pottel volunteered first, I'll defer to them for uploading.   But I could also do so, with your version.   
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 09:10:24 AM »
The one Gerry is talking about is Gayle's final edited version.
And the one that is circulated is Gayle's raw version, enhanced version by a Spanish guitarist, and an adjusted version.
Elian has Booway's (Nomad B) version and that was used for the first edition of Boothbay DVD.
The second edition that we are expecting is still under construction.  The audio is said to be better than any of the other two sources.  Yes, as you know, it's from Matt.

But I really want to have a listen to Gerry's final work and have an impression of how efficiently Har-Bal can do.

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 08:38:49 PM »

A few months back, I was reading an article about a piece of software that can directly access notes in music and subsequently change their pitch. There is also a youtube video about it:

The program is still in its infancy, but I think the possibilities for removing noise or "interruptions" from audio (and even remixing it!) will be endless as this type of software evolves.

This really looks a superb piece of software - might have to have it myself! I debated the possibility of separating notes from chords about 8 or 9 years ago on various recording software forums and so called 'experts' then were really quite rude and dismissed the idea as impossible and even called supporters of it a 'joke' - nice to see that the worm has turned:-)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 38 queries.