Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Alchemy Live - 20th Anniversary Edition  (Read 74264 times)

Love Expresso

Re: Alchemy Live - 20th Anniversary Edition
« Reply #180 on: May 06, 2010, 11:46:04 AM »
@herlock:
I would give a lot to have Paul Franklin back touring with MK! He was the best addition to his career apart from Guy Fletcher.

Sorry folks, one question here that might have popped up earlier, but I am too lazy to read all the dozens of sides of posts:

I understand that the Alchemy deluxe dvd edition will have the "Original Live Album" as a bonus. Question is: Is this one the new  version
mixed by Chuck? Or is the new mix only on BluRay and DVD content? I can't make out this info correct. Sorry, Ustas if this will bring you up  ;D,
but I want the new good sounding mix, have no bluray but DVD. What should I buy?

Chuck said he found the old mix very bad and was astonished about the quality of the tapes. So I think they will not put out the old original
mix again, will they? PLEASE HELP POOR OLD LOVE EXPRESSO! ::)

LE

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #181 on: May 06, 2010, 12:22:10 PM »
According to MKNews only the DVD and Blueray are remixed by Chuck, not the CDs. http://www.mark-knopfler-news.co.uk/alchemy.html It says "original sound".
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:26:10 PM by Mossguitar »

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #182 on: May 06, 2010, 12:40:07 PM »
@herlock:
I would give a lot to have Paul Franklin back touring with MK! He was the best addition to his career apart from Guy Fletcher.

Dont't get me wrong, I have nothing against PF who is a highly talented pedal steel player; indeed, his contributions to live songs such as On Every Street are amazing (and MK said that the reason he is not playing this song live anymore is precisely the lack of Pedal Steel); I just think he was given way too much space on the OES tour, and too much of it ruins it: on TR and BIA, for instance, the amount of pedal steel is just abusive... IMHO, of course :)
I miss Chris White much more than Paul Franklin... matter of taste, anyway.
Cheers

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #183 on: May 06, 2010, 12:49:57 PM »
I would travel to every place if PF was playing with MK, I love it  :)

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2010, 12:53:40 PM »
Watched the Arena doco - the audio quality is terrific, & goddamn i wish they`d recorded that version of Making Movies!!!!!  ;D What a great song, its nice watching the whole thing instead of small youtube clips.

OK, the premiere is tomorrow at my place BUT, couldn`t resist a sneak peak at the Sultans Of Swing we all know and love...

The Blu-Ray picture on my 46" Sony full HD, is..........   fuzzy & the colours glare!!! Arrrr!  :o It feels like watching the best ever VHS cassette, ever!!!!! I suppose they did the best they could, & its still a Dire Straits dream come true.
The Audio is TERRIFIC!!!! Even on my dodgy stereo, it sounded amazing & i`ll be sure to purchase some sort of complimentary 5:1 HD sound system soon because of this BR disc! Amazing.

Can`t wait for tomorrow, anyone coming???

Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Rollergirl

« Reply #185 on: May 06, 2010, 01:52:03 PM »
umm, would love to travel to the other end of the world to watch a DVD I'm gonna get in less than a week, but unfortunately, I am having my hair cut tomorrow. Sorry!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:32:23 PM by Rollergirl »

Love Expresso

« Reply #186 on: May 06, 2010, 02:04:07 PM »
According to MKNews only the DVD and Blueray are remixed by Chuck, not the CDs. http://www.mark-knopfler-news.co.uk/alchemy.html It says "original sound".

Thanks, Mossguitar! ;)

LE

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #187 on: December 10, 2014, 01:40:49 PM »
I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 44 queries.