Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford  (Read 157597 times)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Interesting ! Glad that they are seriously adressing this market. Two point strike me though:

"Before the encores begin..." => does this mean that the encores (BIA, SFA and Piper at least in the MK case) never end up on the USB key ???

Putting "High Quality" and MP3 in the same sentence looks like an oxymoron to me. They might as well be talking about "cleanness in the dustbin". 320 kb/s is of course better than 128, but far worse than FLAC files that could easily be converted then to CDs, let alone 24/96 files for high-res audio...
Such a perfectionist as MK, with a team of highly qualified technical people such as GF and CA, should really considerer, in these days where just everybody has a high speed connection and a giantic hardisk, releasing the concerts in losseless format. They would not even need to upgrade the USB key capacity: 1GB should be enough for 130 minutes worth of FLAC files...

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
Always complaining.. Be happy that we finally have recordings!
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
These are MP3 so will play on a MAC.

Most silly if they aren't available everywhere, let's wait and see. Kooba, what happens if you try to download some of the stuff that's already up there, like Elton John or Kiss?
OK, I just checked if I can purchase other artists and it looks good. No probs. But I went back to MK and when entered any future date I still couldn't add it to my cart  :-\. BTW, at the moment the only option available is USB. I'm sure this will improve tho. It would be ridiculous if I couldn't access only MK's gigs.
The price on this side of the pond is $38.

why $38?
that's like 30 euros, not 25

As the pre-order is only available for the recording on a USB stick, maybe the difference is to cover shipping to North America?
I assume that the mp3 download option, when it's available, will be more or less the same price wherever you are.

Herlock - according to the blurb kindly posted by ustas, if you buy the USB stick you also get a serial number which lets you download the encores later.

BTW. I notice there is a button on the Mark Knopfler Simfy page inviting you to "listen to Mark Knopfler now" on Radio Simfy, but clicking the link just brings up a message saying that facility is only available to users in Germany due to international agreements. Hopefully our German friends will let the rest of us know what is playing.
This baker's boy from the West Country

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
imo if the show is perfectly recorded and mixed (as one would expect from a SBD)
the difference between a 320mp3 and a flac is almost zero.
not zero, but almost.
I used to believe that all these discussions were only for freaks and that I would only listen to mustic as MP3 files on my Iphone...
Until...
Until I listened to BIA, DSOTM and Dead Can Dance on SA-CD with a good audio system.
Until I understood what "quality audio" really meant.
But what can I do ? quality audio is dying. CDs are almost dead, SA-CD and DVD-Audio never took off... as for Pure Audio Blu-Ray, the catalog so far has... 11 titles ! great ! especially if you like classical norway music.
Long live MP3, then....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Herlock - according to the blurb kindly posted by ustas, if you buy the USB stick you also get a serial number which lets you download the encores later.
Many thanks - I feel relieved :)
Btw, can I ask our friends who were at RAH last night if they could get their USB key in real time just like this ? I was under the impression, given Pottel's message, that the show would be available for download 48 hours later (hopefully we can get it tomorrow evening, then ??), but no mention of USB keys whatsoever...

OfflineChardonnay

• Guitar George
BTW. I notice there is a button on the Mark Knopfler Simfy page inviting you to "listen to Mark Knopfler now" on Radio Simfy, but clicking the link just brings up a message saying that facility is only available to users in Germany due to international agreements. Hopefully our German friends will let the rest of us know what is playing.

I checked the simfy Radio player. You can listening to various MK -Songs from the regular cd

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado

I checked the simfy Radio player. You can listening to various MK -Songs from the regular cd
This baker's boy from the West Country

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

Exactly, if they had made FLAC avaiable people would be complaining that they couldn't plsy them.

Fact is very few people can listen to FLAC, almost everybody can listen to MP3, stop moaning, everybody moaned about Passalong and eventually MK said "fuck it then, you get nothing".  :-\

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineherlock

• Juliet

Exactly, if they had made FLAC avaiable people would be complaining that they couldn't plsy them.

Fact is very few people can listen to FLAC, almost everybody can listen to MP3, stop moaning, everybody moaned about Passalong and eventually MK said "fuck it then, you get nothing".  :-\
I'm not moaning actually - I am quite happy to get these.
FLAC files are very easy to deal with. You got tons of free players for them, and if you want to convert them to MP3 it is very easy to do - the reverse being of course impossible.
I was not the one in the MK world to describe MP3 files as "low-quality". GF did on his forum !
Anyway, these issues are actually of little importance :)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Most people are not geeks like us and just want to load their tracks onto an ipod, they don't want to have to download software to their computer just to burn to CD or convert to MP3.

Please people, lets not complain about the format or the price, or MK/PC might just say "they're never happy, fuck them".
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
No complaints here either. I just want to get them! Especially that I won't be able to attend any show this time around.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Love Expresso

25 Euros!!!  :o Is this normal ????

Can we have a thread advising which is the VERY best concert pls ?  :)

No Fletch, I would not say this is normal! This is phantastic!!  :lol :lol A complete live show is accordingly priced in my opinion. And it is great to have an
official, probably Chuck Ainlay mix from the shows I attend or will attend! That`s the good thing in only going to two shows... (he, he)

So, really looking forward to it!

LE

Onlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
Well, this is some f*cking good news! ;D ;D ;D

OfflineIan Lewis

• Camerado
    • Ian Lewis Photography
Most people are not geeks like us and just want to load their tracks onto an ipod, they don't want to have to download software to their computer just to burn to CD or convert to MP3.

Please people, lets not complain about the format or the price, or MK/PC might just say "they're never happy, fuck them".

Have to agree with this.  I'm not seeing MK this time around so I'm quite happy to pay more than normal for an MP3 download

Offlinepamplina

• Camerado
I've been sniffing around the site and other artists pages, and they usually put the shows available also in Audio CD format (obviously at a higher price). I hope they do the same with MK.
Greetings from Cadiz, Spain :-)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 38 queries.