Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Get lucky - one year after - my story  (Read 16191 times)

Rollergirl

Re: Get lucky - one year after - my story
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 04:13:07 PM »
And I listened... Again... Again... Put it on my mp3player, went to bed and listened... And again...
 The remaining 2 weeks I listened the whole day again and again. During the mountain hikes, when i crossed glaciers and the trips by car through tunnels and valleys.

OK, my story now. It's exactly the opposite as yours. I loved it so much that I didn't want to listen to it while doing other things (like cycling to work or working, or doing the washing up or whatever). I didn't put it in a box (ipod or computer) (only recently) and only listened when I had nothing else to do and there was nobody at home (on CD or vinyl on a proper hifi of course  ;) ).

Great tour too, saw 3 shows (which is a LOT for me) and had a great time at all of them!

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 08:22:04 PM »
I couldn't resist and got the album when it leaked. I really tried not to but I couldn't. I must admit I was a little disappointed at first but then I got a text message from someone (you know who you are) that brought me back to reality. And I started to listen. I mean, really listen... I burned the leaked audio on a CD and then copied that CD on a cassette tape so I could listen to it in the car (yes, the car I drive is a little older). And I always listened to GL on my way to work... I went to quite a few concerts at an ampitheater last August/September for my (now former) newspaper, and later I also went to the theatre a lot. GL was always playing while I was driving. Whenever I hear some GL song at home on my stereo, I see the exact point of the highway in my mind which I passed while that specific song was playing :)
The late summer of 2009 was a nice time and the GL songs are closely connected with that. I still love the album, not only because of that. It's my fav right after STP, and it only has two skippers, "The Car Was The One" and - sometimes - "Before Gas & TV".

Love Expresso

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 08:46:48 PM »
I was invited to a birthday barbecue on tuesday that August, and I was looking forward to that. Then, on monday (I think?) , the album leaked, and I was already thinking about some excuses for not to go. But some of my best friends were there and when I said "The new MK album has leaked today" someone said, "So we will not see ya for the next months??:lol". I only thought that I had to work on my public image...  ;D

I remember humming "Before Gas & TV" the whole next day. And translating some of the lyrics was really hard sometimes... (So Far From The Clyde).

I tried to enjoy the first few days (and did!)  because I learned that this time has really become precious in my life: The first moments and days with new MK songs. Before getting used to them. And with this album, it was immediately a great experience.

LE

Offline3Pints

• Guitar George
  • 3Pints
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 09:41:05 PM »
Hi Folks,

This is my first post here, and I figured this was as good a place as any to start.....

I heard about "Get Lucky" being released in the autumn of '09, and added it to my 'To Buy' list.   I either didn't hear about it being leaked, or didn't care (I can't recall which). 
Then in December I was shopping for Christmas presents and finally picked up "Get Lucky" as a gift to myself.  Came home and played it several times from start to finish over the next couple of days, then signed on to MKdotcom because of the 'exclusive content' feature advertised on the disc. 
The bonus turned out to be lame, but I posted on the forum there and over the past year I've made some great new friends.  Eventually that has led me here. 

"Get Lucky" is not my favourite MK solo album - currently that's a toss-up between "Sailing to Philadelphia" and "Shangri-La" - but I do like GL a lot.  I find his records grow on me over time.  I wasn't too excited about "Kill To Get Crimson" at first either, but now I love it!

Anyway, looking forward to chatting with some of you about Mark and his music.

Cheers,
3Pints
"If I'd a bucket of gold, silver would do...."

Love Expresso

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 10:21:10 PM »
Hey,

welcome here, 3Pints!  8)

I like your avatar a lot, looks ... fresh!  ;D
I am sure you will find a lot of stuff to chat about at this place, almost everybody that used to be on "that" forum (well, almost everybody..) hangs around at this great place, at the best MK forum in the whole wide world!

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 09:39:51 AM »
Hi 3 Pints!    Nice to see you!   I'm glad you made it here and hope you will find friends here too, just as I did on MK.com!    ;)

LE, It was MKNews we used to hang out at, not to be confused with MK.com!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 11:32:47 AM »
Oh, did we?    :lol

Anyway, no offence meant, it was good at those times, it seems I indeed forgot about MK.com... But as long as we are all here, everything is ok...

I had a look and it is indeed a great community over there, but one forum is enough for me.

LE
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:36:20 AM by Love Expresso »

Rollergirl

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 12:03:55 PM »
Welcome 3Pints! Oh yes, I remember the  'exclusive content' , very exclusive indeed (everybody is excluded from it!)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 12:08:00 PM »
Oh, did we?    :lol

Anyway, no offence meant, it was good at those times, it seems I indeed forgot about MK.com... But as long as we are all here, everything is ok...

I had a look and it is indeed a great community over there, but one forum is enough for me.

LE

AMIT and MK.com are both great forums, but quite different to eachother.   There are things on AMIT that are not on MK.com and vice versa, so a more rounded view of everything MK can be gained from being a member of both.   :)   One of the main differences is probably that AMIT is mainly a European forum, whereas MK.com is largely US/Canadian.

I agree we all had a lot of fun in the old days on MKNews Forum, but there is hardly anybody posting there these days!  

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:59:16 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 12:19:15 PM »
About "Get Lucky" the album - I'm more in love with it than ever these days and listen to it more and more!   I have stopped rationing myself and there isn't even a glimmer of boredom setting in!    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 05:04:20 AM »

One of the main differences is probably that AMIT is mainly a European forum, whereas MK.com is largely US/Canadian.

I never noticed that difference!   Interesting.  Thanks for pointing it out!
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 46 queries.