Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Montreux DVD  (Read 15923 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Montreux DVD
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 01:02:36 PM »
A quote from the Radio Times to clarify things:

"Knopfler's days as a soundtrack scribe (Local Hero, Cal, The Princess Bride) are sadly under-explored, but where the programme really scores is in the off-the-cuff, front-room performances and charmingly prosaic stories about the origins of songs and riffs ("I fiddle about with the amp")."

There is more but you'll just have to buy it!

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 02:12:24 PM »
Hi Knopflerfan - I'm not so sure about SOS being played!  If you scroll down a bit further to "Music Played", SOS isn't mentioned!

The DVD "A Night in London" is 1hr 55mins long (excluding SOS and MFN) and the Jools programme, advertised, is only 70 mins long, so there will be many songs omitted.   The list of songs given, amount to around that length of time and SOS is very long, perhaps too long for the programme. 

As I said before, I really hope I'm wrong!   :-\   Trying to be optimistic, though!    ;)

Hopefully they will be using the original programme shown in 1996 incidentally filmed a few days before I saw him at Bournemouth that year as I feel that had Sultans on the programme and also like the video had....Damn shame the DVD does not contain Sultans as it was a stormer that night but then when isn't it?!!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 02:31:59 AM »
I have set the topbox to record already on the 28th at 2100 for 'A life in songs' and also the folowing Jools Holland session which 'WILL' include SOS!!

From the tv information already on the programme details:

2100 - 2200Mark Knopfler - A life in songs;
'With photographs and footage, in which musician Mark Knopfler talks about how his songs have defined him and how they have been influenced by his own life and roots'

2200 - 2310Later presents Mark Knopfler:
'Jools Holland introduces a studio session from Dire Straits lead singer Mark Knopfler, featuring songs from his debut solo album 'Golden Heart', plus hits like 'Sultans of Swing'

W O W !!!!!!!

I hope you can share it with us in any way :)
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 04:29:52 PM »
'A life in songs' can and most probably will be put onto DVD if you know what I'm saying!!!!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.026 seconds with 38 queries.