Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Opening and closing song of MK  (Read 26066 times)

Love Expresso

Re: Opening and closing song of MK
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 11:56:54 AM »
We will get a new song, but as the album isn't fixed yet is it not sure that this new song will get onto it! So we probably will have another of these cool "unreleased, b-side/or only live released songs... Would be ok with me. I am sure MK will use this tour to say a word or two about his next album to come, maybe during the band introduction for example, when he explains about the new members Jim and Ian.

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 04:56:28 PM »
We will get a new song, but as the album isn't fixed yet is it not sure that this new song will get onto it! So we probably will have another of these cool "unreleased, b-side/or only live released songs... Would be ok with me. I am sure MK will use this tour to say a word or two about his next album to come, maybe during the band introduction for example, when he explains about the new members Jim and Ian.

LE

I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 08:20:37 PM »
The album was about to be released in 2002, plus Why Aye Man had already been on the Auf Wiedersehn Pet show.

I doubt we'll get anything new this time.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineTally

• Camerado
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 11:14:32 AM »
Also, there was basically no Youtube in 2002. YT is one reason for not playing new songs live, Guy said, before they are released. A bit contradictory, since he thought that YT live clips of them playing was good advertisement. But I guess a new album is sacred in a way.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 11:25:36 AM »
Also, there was basically no Youtube in 2002. YT is one reason for not playing new songs live, Guy said, before they are released. A bit contradictory, since he thought that YT live clips of them playing was good advertisement. But I guess a new album is sacred in a way.
I assume they shouldn't have to worry anymore about YT and videos since they've raised their stupid recording policy, should they ?

Rollergirl

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 11:46:35 AM »
I assume they shouldn't have to worry anymore about YT and videos since they've raised their stupid recording policy, should they ?

if it was respected, yes, but it's not the case is it? We can blame the fact that we won't hear a new song on this tour on the people who can't respect MK's wishes.....

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 03:02:08 PM »

if it was respected, yes, but it's not the case is it? We can blame the fact that we won't hear a new song on this tour on the people who can't respect MK's wishes.....
I think it is pretty much respected. If not, we would have dozen of multi-cam dvd's ...
I went to 5 shows on GL tour and as far as I remember, I didn't see anyone filming around me. Including myself  :disbelief :(
Of course there are videos on YT, but not that many ... Not enough to really care about it.
Most of them are made by people who have no idea of MK's wishes, unlike ourselves.  ;)
They just go to a rock'n'roll show and they want to take pics or record half a song with their iphone , like every people going to a concert.

Rollergirl

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 05:21:45 PM »
I didn't see that many either but type MK 2010 in youtube and you'll have loads of hits.

Personally I find it much more enjoyable to enjoy the show while I am there rather than enjoying it later on a small screen...

although to be perfectly honest, I do like to watch those youtubes clips, reminds me of the show...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 05:26:09 PM »
...although to be perfectly honest, I do like to watch those youtubes clips, reminds me of the show...

The Cordoba show is complete on YT!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineTally

• Camerado
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 08:51:02 PM »
Well, if MK would release a live DVD of each tour, there'd be little use for video bootlegs. But perhaps we should not go there  ;)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 11:12:26 PM »
Well, if MK would release a live DVD of each tour, there'd be little use for video bootlegs. But perhaps we should not go there  ;)

My own personal grievance is that there was no video or recording from the BIA tour when the band were at their most popular and arguably best.  Obviously Alchemy put the brakes on any idea there.  If only they'd waited...

Madrid 2001 is another one that bugs me; now I regret MK is no longer capable of a performance anything near that so there is hardly any point in a new DVD/BD.  I would prefer some old footage to be honest. :(
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 08:31:49 AM »

My own personal grievance is that there was no video or recording from the BIA tour when the band were at their most popular and arguably best.  Obviously Alchemy put the brakes on any idea there.  If only they'd waited...

Madrid 2001 is another one that bugs me; now I regret MK is no longer capable of a performance anything near that so there is hardly any point in a new DVD/BD.  I would prefer some old footage to be honest. :(

We do have the Wembley '85 and Sydney '86 videos,  for which I am grateful! 

The 2001 tour was not one of my favourites, for many reasons.   In fact I have enjoyed all of MK's later performances much more than 2001, so I really am not hankering after Madrid.  I would rather have had a GL DVD!
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 09:58:22 AM »
The 2001 tour was not one of my favourites, for many reasons.   In fact I have enjoyed all of MK's later performances much more than 2001, so I really am not hankering after Madrid.  I would rather have had a GL DVD!

Exactly the same here! I also would have loved to have a proper DVD from the KTGC tour. It had a nice stage and I liked the setlist. But the 2010 tour
was even better. I hope they will do a DVD/BluRay next time, and I do not mean the Bob tour but the tour 2012! (Yes, I am confident! :))

LE

Rollergirl

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 01:22:36 PM »

Yeah, let

Love Expresso

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 01:37:35 PM »

Is it?  ::)

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 50 queries.