Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: seat exchange between BD/MK slots  (Read 42810 times)

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
Re: seat exchange between BD/MK slots
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 08:15:32 PM »
Was there bull running during the ATRR tour? If so, after which song? Would be interesting to know; I can't remember...

It was after Speedway, because we didn't have TR on ATRR tour.   I ran to the stageside at Manchester.  

It was slightly different to this tour, though, because MK and Emmylou didn't have two separate sets.   :)

Ahh, Speedway it was, now I remember, thanks! Yes I know there were no seperate sets, I was just curious  :)
So I guess there will be bull running after Speedway again this time, pretty sure MK will play that one.

Love Expresso

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 08:22:17 PM »
The break only justifies the bull running in my opinion.. why should we not? Everybody will move around and go to the toilet or have a beer during that 20 or 30 minutes' break - so if we rush to the stage for the last 15 minutes of MK's set nobody can be pissed with that...

LE

OfflineVisionsOfJohanna

• Guitar George
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 10:52:44 AM »
I think the ticket exchange is a good idea. I fell prey to a system that sold tickets for the Innsbruck show, but didn't tell me which seats I had until the tickets actually arrived, and they are in row 8.  :( If anyone would lend my friend and myself their front seats for that show during Bob's set, we would gladly let you have our front row seats in either Nuremberg or Munich during MK's set.  :) Or if you want to leave the Innsbruck venue after MK and give up your tickets, or whatever.... say, do you wanna make a deal?

PS: I for one am not 20 to 30 years older than the average MK fan. I'm not even 30 years old, so how could I be 30 years older?  :lol

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 10:58:29 AM »
I think the ticket exchange is a good idea. I fell prey to a system that sold tickets for the Innsbruck show, but didn't tell me which seats I had until the tickets actually arrived, and they are in row 8.  :( If anyone would lend my friend and myself their front seats for that show during Bob's set, we would gladly let you have our front row seats in either Nuremberg or Munich during MK's set.  :) Or if you want to leave the Innsbruck venue after MK and give up your tickets, or whatever.... say, do you wanna make a deal?

PS: I for one am not 20 to 30 years older than the average MK fan. I'm not even 30 years old, so how could I be 30 years older?  :lol
hey Visions, thanks for the offer, now only if i would live in friggin Innsbruck ;-)
anyhoo, the offer is for all dylan fans, can you spread the word on the other forum(s)??
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 10:59:05 AM »
although i am definitely seeing both artists from my rather nice second and 5th row seats in Oberhausen and Antwerp.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineVisionsOfJohanna

• Guitar George
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 11:03:30 AM »
hey Visions, thanks for the offer, now only if i would live in friggin Innsbruck ;-)
anyhoo, the offer is for all dylan fans, can you spread the word on the other forum(s)??

Hi Pottel,
I saw you over at the BD forum expectingrain.com.... don't let some of the people there scare you off.
Anyway, I just started a thread at ER linking to this thread, so here's the link back to us - hoping for some positive exchange of thoughts and tickets:
http://expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61728

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 03:39:42 PM »
although i am definitely seeing both artists from my rather nice second and 5th row seats in Oberhausen and Antwerp.
Same for me. I keep my seats though they are pretty bad.  ::)
 I've even got one is from last row in Glasgow.  Would be offending to share it with someone else.  ;)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 10:04:55 PM »
Anyway, I just started a thread at ER linking to this thread, so here's the link back to us - hoping for some positive exchange of thoughts and tickets:
http://expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61728

Good luck.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Love Expresso

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 07:57:25 AM »
Indeed.

The idea of Pottel was great, and the efforts Johanna made were also, but you just have to read the now already developing thread to know what kind of place ER is and what's the spirit over there. I for my part would never change my seat with such arrogant folks, sorry. It will be fun to see them rolling/rushing to the stage with their walking frames(don't forget, they are 20 to 30 years older then US!!)  :lol :lol

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 08:03:33 AM »
(don't forget, they are 20 to 30 years older then US!!)  :lol :lol

LE

Hey, LE - Can I whisper in your ear,  "I am too, but I can still beat younger fans in the running of the bulls!"    ;D    :lol
Goin' into Tow Law....

Rollergirl

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 10:47:40 AM »
What

OfflineMillionaire Blues

• Camerado
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 12:05:30 PM »
Bob Dylan fans on that forum are in the main pretty short sighted arrogant bunch.  :(

Hope MK blows them away with his vastly superior musicianship/band/persona.

I am really looking forward to hearing Bob as he is one of my fav songwriters.

I would be wary of swapping seats cos what if MK plays with Dylan at the end and u r stuck at the back......too risky!!!

;D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 12:09:05 PM by Millionaire Blues »

Love Expresso

Rollergirl

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 04:48:38 PM »
my last remark was said tongue in cheek as a joke, I don't think "they" are anything. I don't like generalising and think all fans of BD are so and so just because there are a couple of idiots writing on that forum
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:52:10 PM by Rollergirl »

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2011, 01:26:30 AM »
I'm more a Bob Dylan fan but my partner favours Mark Knopfler. In consequence, I have attended many DS/NHB/MK concerts over the years from small venues to large arenas and from relatively small-scale festivals to huge stadia. And, of course, I have attended a large number of Dylan shows over the last 45 years. While I have no inside knowledge about how things will happen on the forthcoming MK/BD tour, few comments from my perspective may help.

1) Do not rely on Dylan fans all being older. While I (and other) Dylan fans are getting on in years, many are not. There is, indeed, currently a discussion on one of the many Dylan on-line fora about Dylan's young fans (say, 16 to 30 years of age) came into the fold

2) Do not expect Dylan fans to hold back before charging to the front of the stage. It is quite common at Dylan concerts for this to start the moment the house lights go down. I have been fortunate enough to get front row centre seats at quite a few Dylan shows and have had to be ready to lift up everything I've brought to the show and step sharply forward to the stage apron in order not to lose the advantage of a good position. It doesn't always happen but often enough. It won't be a problem at the GA standing venues, of course.

3) BD fans are as fanatical as any others - perhaps more so if the number of books on Dylan (there are several hundreds of them), bootleg albums (also several 100s), websites (dozens and dozens) and the like are anything to go by - but you will also find a fair amount of criticism, sometimes quite vehement, as well as travelling fans who you will see at a lot of different shows. 

There are also, incidentally, two surviving print fanzines ("Isis" and "The Bridge") which will doubtless cover the tour in some detail.

4) Dylan and Knopfler shows are very different in character. Knopfler talks to the audience between songs (often the same jokes repeated) with showbiz-style comments; Dylan does not. Knopfler introduces his band, usually with great generosity; Dylan does not. Knopfler sticks to a pretty similar set list each night; Dylan does not. Knopfler has a well drilled band and builds upon this in performance; Dylan has rehearsed many songs but is just as likely to change things unexpectedly in performance, living for the moment, as it were. The overall effect: Knopfler offers a smooth show with moments of great artistry but pretty much as expected night by night; Dylan offers greater variation both within a concert and between concerts, so enjoy the times when he really gets inside songs and delivers them with passion and authority.

5) Although some of the shows most beloved by his fans took place in the 1960s and the 1970s, Dylan has been playing 100 shows a year for the last 25 years. He also turned 70 this year. The effect on his voice is marked but, despite his now limited range, effective singing is not only about hitting the notes. Indeed, it is often the gaps between the words, the stress (or lack of it) on particular words and the stretching (or the opposite - compressing) particular words or parts of the lyric that really make the difference. His vocal delivery nowadays can also see him swallowing lyrics, so you'll really have to concentrate to get the most out of it.  It's not always an easy listening experience and can be challenging but also very rewarding.

I emphasize that all this may change and may be redundant by the time the tour starts, as Dylan himself changes. He certainly doesn't need to tour as much as he does from the financial point of view but it's what he does and what he has been doing for 50 years now.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 48 queries.