Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #6:2011.10.13, Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff UK # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 19780 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Concert #6:2011.10.13, Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff UK # SPOILER AHEAD #
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2011, 05:12:28 PM »
I felt Sonny Liston was weaker too!   I remember when I first heard it played in 2005 at Edinburgh, Danny's drumming just blew me away.  Although it was OK with Ian, I liked it much better with Danny.   

In the contrary, Ian Thomas is playing some different things specially in that song. Danny was very good, but Ian is doing his work very well. I guess its just a matter of time. Danny was just ok in his first tour, but excepcional in the nexts...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2011, 07:54:09 PM »
1) To be honest, I have more problems with Jim Cox playing plinki plinki as with Ian Thomas. After I listened to the available shows, I think Jim Cox doesn't nail it in STP and also not at Speedway, his solo at the end is too playful, too much typical Jim, and doesn't benefit the songs so much. I really miss Matt Rollings piano right now, I think he was really fitting into Mark's music perfectly well, and he had a great way to play - true to the original recordings, but the same time unmistakable Matt... Ian has a cool style in my opinion after all I hear on these recordings, but I will be able to judge better after really having heard him live.

2) Just for the record, Isaac confirmed that the set list wasn't changed in Cardiff, so at least we got to know that, too!  ;)

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2011, 07:56:41 PM »
I miss Matt too, especially on STP.  His "conversations" with Mark were inspired.   :)   
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 40 queries.