Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 598739 times)

foma

Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1230 on: May 21, 2015, 12:54:19 PM »
Not so much of a language barrier as this 'cold war' between Guy and critics. They can't do anything with Guy, Guy can't do anything with them, so...

Q: Hello Doc, in many answers you say that Mark and you always look forward, but this setlist so far is very backward. Very sad...
A: No worries Nils. Go see another band. You haven't even been to the show have you. It's not about WHAT we play...

To me, both Guy and the guy asking this question are wrong (thus I said 'rude', obviously the guy don't like Guy and Guy don't like the guy).
To me, this kind of answer is very childish and silly, with all my respect to Guy. He might as well just say 'Firstly try to get where I am now'.

Q: Robin Dupont's more polite question regarding setlist, and then all of the sudden Guy is much more polite in his answer, but then he is typing...
A: Setlist whingers are irritating in the extreme. Most of them just sit in front of their computers looking for something to complain anonymously about. They may think they are fans of music but their posts betray their true selves.

Obviously, it could AGAIN start a new whole wave of new and new provocational and two-sided objections.
Clearly he's being hurt buy all of this, but there's not so much wisdom in keeping feeding the trolls and moaners.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 01:12:00 PM by foma »

foma

« Reply #1231 on: May 21, 2015, 01:27:12 PM »
To put it simple, imagine one of these critics approaching Guy after the show and this kind of dialogue happens:

Critic: Hi, I'm a critic, I was on the show and I am disappointed, f........k you.
Guy: What? F........k you!
Critic: What? You said f........k you to me? Guy Fletcher, Dire Straits' keyboard player said it to me?
Guy: Well, I meant sorry, blah blah blah, I'm sorry.
Critic: Did you heard it? He said f........k you to me! Guy Fletcher, Dire Straits' keyboard player said it to me!

See, disappointed people is one of the hardest people for talking with. Simple psychology.
Whatever you tell to disappointed man, he will multiply it and will use it against you.
And that's like I see all this angry posts on Guy's forum. It's better for him to ignore.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #1232 on: May 21, 2015, 07:29:41 PM »
That means that I don't post anymore on Guy's forum. Communication is lost.

Sans la liberté de blâmer, il n'est point d'éloge flatteur

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #1233 on: May 21, 2015, 08:35:18 PM »
Foma, nobody is being aggressive.

You are being overly sensitive.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

foma

« Reply #1234 on: May 21, 2015, 08:45:21 PM »
Foma, nobody is being aggressive.
You are being overly sensitive.

Yes, I certainly am ;D

Just a little bit of analysis and exaggerating. Not aggressive maybe, but not welcoming for sure.
By the way, that's exactly the reason I love Mark being 1 million miles away from any kind of e-communication.
Imagine amount of critics people would give to him in that case (but still it would be 1% from all the compliments). But a lot.

OfflineLarsO

• Guitar George
« Reply #1235 on: June 09, 2015, 08:51:04 AM »
Guy's forum is now closed.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1236 on: June 09, 2015, 08:52:58 AM »
Guy's forum is now closed.

I knew it would happen eventually...

He really was too patiente with all the complaints, that has nothing to do with him but with MK decissions on setlists.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #1237 on: June 09, 2015, 09:19:49 AM »
Well done Nils, you broke the Forum.  ::)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1238 on: June 09, 2015, 10:05:05 AM »
Guy does have a point  ;)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinebinone

• Lady writer
« Reply #1239 on: June 09, 2015, 10:08:36 AM »
It is not what we say, but the way we say.

As in real life, politeness is the key when you talk to anybody you dont know personally.

foma

« Reply #1240 on: June 09, 2015, 11:59:14 AM »
Kim Guy-un Fletcher? Pathetic. He must change 'Ask doc a question' to 'Suck-up for doc a little bit' now. I'm done with that one also.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #1241 on: June 09, 2015, 12:16:49 PM »
I think foma is done with the complete universe if I read all this positiveness
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1242 on: June 09, 2015, 02:05:52 PM »
I think foma is done with the complete universe if I read all this positiveness

I think 1000 posts of Foma is a great number to stop...

:wave
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #1243 on: June 09, 2015, 02:12:36 PM »
I think indeed that 1000 posts is a good moment to stop. There is no addition, last time it's only negative and this one goes too far. So Foma start to behave yourself. No rude posts allowed here. That you are frustrated because mk doesn't come to your country doesn't mean you have to try to ruin it for others. If you have nothing to add then please do nothing

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1244 on: June 09, 2015, 02:23:03 PM »
I think indeed that 1000 posts is a good moment to stop. There is no addition, last time it's only negative and this one goes too far. So Foma start to behave yourself. No rude posts allowed here. That you are frustrated because mk doesn't come to your country doesn't mean you have to try to ruin it for others. If you have nothing to add then please do nothing

I understand Foma, I was like him about the STP tour era. It took a while for me to adapt to what MK was offering and stop all my negativeness, once it happened, I started enjoying what it would had been incredible for me to enjoy, records like Ragpickers, Crimson... that nowadays are my favourites.

If Foma feels that all is negative now for him, respect his feelings and allow him to express them, the best way to deal with his negative feelings is exactly that, taking them out. I know it annoys other people, but it´s a question of respect. You are asking Foma to respect your opinion, but at the same time you are attacking Foma opinions, which are equally valids, and to Foma, are the truth, his truth.

Foma, you have my respect, I understand how do you feel, because I was there before. If you want to remain a MK fan, you´ll learn how to deal with it, if not, there are many other artists to follow if you find in the end that MK has nothing left to offer you.

I was very pissed off during the Dublin show, for me it was a big dissapoinment to discover that MK was playing the 80% of the Privateering tour songs and in the same order, but I was able to see some light on it, and enjoy it, it was a great perfomance, and the 5 songs from Tracker being played sounded great for me, so I managed to balance between joy and dissapoinment. And I enjoyed my three shows during the Ireland and UK mini tour.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 46 queries.