Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 598464 times)

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1365 on: December 20, 2015, 06:34:46 PM »
Apparently he had to take a break from the Forum and that is understandable !!

Envoyé de mon Ultym 5.2 en utilisant Tapatalk

But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #1366 on: February 16, 2016, 09:43:46 PM »
Interesting:

DVD's of tours seem so passé. Mark's next visual release promises to be different.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #1367 on: February 16, 2016, 10:59:49 PM »
Interesting:

DVD's of tours seem so passé. Mark's next visual release promises to be different.

:hmm

Is it a diplomatic way to say that MK's DVDs aren't selling well?
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #1368 on: February 17, 2016, 01:11:58 PM »
Interesting:

:hmm

Is it a diplomatic way to say that MK's DVDs aren't selling well?

seems just a confirm of the coming documentary about the tour

Strange manner to do so.
I hate live doc because 9 times out 10 it is just butchering the music...

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1369 on: February 17, 2016, 01:17:30 PM »
I think that they feel that a documentary with live shots is more interesting from the artistic point of view than a live DVD alone...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1370 on: February 17, 2016, 07:01:07 PM »
As expected

Mike Buck NC USA: "Mark's next visual release promises to be different." Ahem. Ummm.... What?! Is something in the pipeline apart from soundtrack work?

Guy: It's no secret that Henrik Hansen was shooting footage at many venues
Well why not. I would love to see a recent documentary on MK's work!!

But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1371 on: February 17, 2016, 07:19:11 PM »
As expected

Mike Buck NC USA: "Mark's next visual release promises to be different." Ahem. Ummm.... What?! Is something in the pipeline apart from soundtrack work?

I love documentaries about Mark and his music, especially with excerpts from concerts and behind the scenes.    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #1372 on: February 17, 2016, 07:43:21 PM »
As expected

I love documentaries about Mark and his music, especially with excerpts from concerts and behind the scenes.    :)
Old documentaries, such as the wonderful BBC Arena in 1980 (on Alchemy DVD / Blu Ray, geat feature !) tend to take their time and hence give 90% or 100% of songs they show. BBC Arena brought for instance near complete and wonderful versions of Down To the Waterline and Where do you think you're going. But newer documentaries tend to show you small bits only, which is HIGHLY frustrating. I don't want to see 10 seconds of Hill Farmer's ! I want to see all of it ! And to be honest after Life in Songs, I don't need another documentary with the same old lame anecdotes. To me a HD version of a full show is not passé at all - it would be great.... but it seems only us buy such filmed shows... what I find it hard to believe is that a documentary would sell better than an concert ?!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1373 on: February 17, 2016, 08:04:32 PM »
As expected

Old documentaries, such as the wonderful BBC Arena in 1980 (on Alchemy DVD / Blu Ray, geat feature !) tend to take their time and hence give 90% or 100% of songs they show. BBC Arena brought for instance near complete and wonderful versions of Down To the Waterline and Where do you think you're going. But newer documentaries tend to show you small bits only, which is HIGHLY frustrating. I don't want to see 10 seconds of Hill Farmer's ! I want to see all of it ! And to be honest after Life in Songs, I don't need another documentary with the same old lame anecdotes. To me a HD version of a full show is not passé at all - it would be great.... but it seems only us buy such filmed shows... what I find it hard to believe is that a documentary would sell better than an concert ?!

A concert would be wonderful, I agree, but failing that a documentary would be a good second best.   I just love seeing Mark and hearing him talk (I love his speaking voice) and seeing what he and the band get up to whilst on tour. Better that than nothing at all!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #1374 on: February 17, 2016, 08:12:00 PM »
A concert would be wonderful, I agree, but failing that a documentary would be a good second best.   I just love seeing Mark and hearing him talk (I love his speaking voice) and seeing what he and the band get up to whilst on tour. Better that than nothing at all!   :)

Hum, well it would make a nice bonus DVD to Madrid 2001 release...

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1375 on: February 17, 2016, 10:37:17 PM »

Hum, well it would make a nice bonus DVD to Madrid 2001 release...

Madrid release - yes! 

To be perfectly honest I can't be bothered with an interview DVD again.  I can see it all now: sitting next to a mixing desk in BG, looking uneasy, stuttering, talking really slowly, same old jokes...  Yep, a documentary with Mark is usually quite uncomfortable viewing.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
« Reply #1376 on: February 17, 2016, 11:05:48 PM »
No reason why it couldn't have a concert and a doc.Seeing as the tour wasn't that interesting in the end with fewer and fewer songs from tracker being played and with the blogs I am not sure what else i need to know about it.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #1377 on: February 17, 2016, 11:47:55 PM »
indeed rock documentaries back in the days like "Don't look back" for example were very interesting because they were the only stuff we could get from a tour, but now in Internet times with daily diaries, infos by social networks , etc.......what "mystery" from backstage could we learn from a doc ?
at least if it was a bonus from a live gig why not, but alone.....

OfflineThrottle

• Camerado
« Reply #1378 on: February 18, 2016, 07:32:33 AM »
I shall be pleased to see any film, even if MK will comb his hair before the mirror within an hour.

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1379 on: February 18, 2016, 08:39:37 AM »
I shall be pleased to see any film, even if MK will comb his hair before the mirror within an hour.
Yes me too Throttle !! I think interviews from any Artist I appreciate are always highly interesting!! Sure I would have liked to have a DVD on Tracker concerts but as always with MK, one must be satisfied with what he decides to offer us!! Same thing with the setlists!!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 38 queries.