Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: A coincidence?  (Read 9156 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
A coincidence?
« on: October 24, 2011, 09:06:21 PM »
Have you thought about the coincidence of some journalists talking about many fans leaving the venue after MK part, and Dylan asking MK to play with him three or four songs two shows in a row?

I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

Re: A coincidence?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 09:18:11 PM »
I had the same idea - about management reacting and thinking that Mark might be able to push the positive reviews a bit.

Last night, in the middle of his set, you cold clearly see Bob taking a good look around the venue during two songs. He must have noticed that so many people left (however, someone wrote about a quarter of the audience did leave - I think that was exaggerated). Somehow, I felt sorry for him and thought that he did not deserve it at that night. He gave a good performance for his standards (if there are any, which is meant in a positive way)...

Also, it is not ignorance or arrogance that he doesn't speak to Mark on stage I am sure. Both are the same, very shy, introverted and I am sure there were on the same page and don't needed too much words... Some kind of spiritual kinship if you like.

LE
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:54:39 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 09:53:17 PM »
My opinion is: If you go to a concert you stay to the end. I think Bob his 'singing' is terrible, but you know that already I think when you buy the tickets!
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 10:17:21 PM »
My opinion is: If you go to a concert you stay to the end. I think Bob his 'singing' is terrible, but you know that already I think when you buy the tickets!

Right, I always stay to the end at a Mark Knopfler show  :-*
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 10:27:06 PM »
I see it different Lars. I bought the tickets to hear MK. In Dublin I stayed to hear Bob's performance. A lot of years ago I went to a concert of BD and enjoyed it. His voice wasn't good but not this terrible and I love his music and of course his lyrics.

This time in Dublin I really couldn't stand his voice but stayed till the end. Next concert was Antwerp. I stayed for a couple of songs (I think 5 or 6) but that was enough. In Rotterdam I really loved the MK performance so much that I left during the break. I didn't want to spoil this great feeling I had.

Last night in Oberhausen I stayed the first 5 songs, because I knew MK played the first 3 songs in Luxembourg. And I was lucky to hear Mark perform on the first 4!! songs. After the fifth song I left.

My last concert will be Z

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 10:30:35 PM »
I agreed with Ingridswing, in Glasgow, the last 30 minutes of Bob show I was watching my clock praying to that nightmare to end, just because I had the crazy idea that maybe MK will go on stage and play for the encores...

I didnt attend the second night in Glasgow, but I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 10:30:50 PM »
Thank you very much for the explanation Ingrid, I completely understand it from that view! And ds1984, you are right ;D
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 11:31:43 PM »
I agreed with Ingridswing, in Glasgow, the last 30 minutes of Bob show I was watching my clock praying to that nightmare to end, just because I had the crazy idea that maybe MK will go on stage and play for the encores...

Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineMarkB

• Guitar George
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 11:58:49 PM »
I love Dylan and think the way he sings now is fantastic...however I completely accept that his voice/show will not be to everyones taste and some will hate it. So if MK fans don't like Bob and choose to leave during his set it's perfectly understandable.
I know I won't change the opinion of anyone who doesn't like Bob but will just say this-unlike just about every other  music 'legend'-McCartney, The Stones, Clapton, Elton John-Dylan does not play nostalgia shows, he does not churn out faithful renditions of the old favourites. Also this is the man who tours year after year playing in big venues and his most recent albums have topped the charts all over the world(apart from the Xmas one, a record I love but that's another topic!) So he must be pleasing a lot of people! Dylan now is arguably more 'popular' than at any time in his career. Look at him on stage, he seems so energetic and full of life and long may he continue.
Just my opinion, I wouldn't criticise anyone who has a different view.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 12:12:06 AM »
I had the same idea - about management reacting and thinking that Mark might be able to push the positive reviews a bit.

Last night, in the middle of his set, you cold clearly see Bob taking a good look around the venue during two songs. He must have noticed that so many people left (however, someone wrote about a quarter of the audience did leave - I think that was exaggerated). Somehow, I felt sorry for him and thought that he did not deserve it at that night. He gave a good performance for his standards (if there are any, which is meant in a positive way)...

Also, it is not ignorance or arrogance that he doesn't speak to Mark on stage I am sure. Both are the same, very shy, introverted and I am sure there were on the same page and don't needed too much words... Some kind of spiritual kinship if you like.

LE
they did speak, at the end, with the multiple pads as well, i could clearly see them chat. (briefly)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 09:59:41 AM »
If Dylan is concerned to keep the Knopfler fans in the venue and decides to invite Mark to join him on stage, then asking Mark to play on the songs at the end of the set, rather than those at the start, would be more logical.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 10:41:24 AM »
I suppose MK doesn't like to wait 1 1/2 hour before going back on stage. But the trick would do th job, even I would stay  ;D

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 10:50:42 AM »

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 11:09:29 AM »
I suppose MK doesn't like to wait 1 1/2 hour before going back on stage. But the trick would do th job, even I would stay  ;D
The trick works : I'm trying to add an extra show.  :P

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 04:08:32 PM »
Found this quote, could be from Bob Dylan:

"I believe in equality for everyone, except reporters and photographers" - Mahatma Gandhi

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 38 queries.