Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Stupid question from a non-technical person about formats  (Read 8914 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Stupid question from a non-technical person about formats
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 12:11:08 PM »
I use the Media Player Classic with the K-Lite codec pack.  I've used this configuration for many years trouble free and not yet found anything it doesn't play.  It also plays movies in every format one can think of too.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Love Expresso

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 01:18:23 PM »
VGonis, all fine with me. I thanked the people for this variation of solutions which I soon will be able to choose from the right one for me. As they all gave me so much information, I think that they at least understood my querie. I have a little problem with making out which part of your post was meant ironic and which one was not, but that seems to be my problem. However, as I have only a little free time in the moment, I shelved solving my "problem" and will return to all these nice posts to find out what it is. And true, I was honestly thinking about my hearing, after using mp3 via headphones for some years now I think it would be a serious matter.

To all posters who posted answers to my stupid question, a big thank you!  ;) However, I will go to see him live on Sunday again, that will be the REAL thing  anyway!

LE

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 01:48:41 PM »
You know LE,  this yellow faces we put in our mail to pin point any hidden moods and meanings, are really helpful, but still I find them quite peculiar. I mean you can say nasty things and then put a smiling face to indicate that you are only joking. If the written words can't convey the deeper meanings of the message and if there is even a shadow of a doubt about the good will, then I will just have to admit to myself some things that can't be revealed here.
Anyway, for a solution to your problem. If you burn in CDs all these recordings, I think that you should try ripping into MP3s from these CDs.  I believe that will give you a hard copy to listen at home and a better start point to begin converting these files. I find that really "light" programs like CDex give excellent results and have easy to use interface to chose the settings.   Good luck!
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 38 queries.