Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #31:2011.11.19, HMV Hammersmith Apollo, London, UK, # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 18553 times)

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
C#31 London

AMIT atendees:-  

Tunnel85, Marky49, Arabia, Millionaire Blues, BBB, DIFFICULTTOBELIEVE, tvm

Set List

What It Is
Cleaning My Gun
Sailing To Philediaphia
Hill Farmer's Blue
Privateering
Sonny Liston
Haul Away
Marbletown
Brothers In Arms
Speedway At Nazareth
So Far Away

Bob Dylan's Set list

1 Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat (Mark on guitar)
2 Don't Think Twice, It's Alright (Bob & Mark on guitars)
3 Things Have Changed (Mark on guitar, Bob center stage, harp)
4 Mississippi (Bob keys, Mark on guitar)
5 Honest With Me (Bob on guitar)
6 The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll (Bob on keys, harp)
7 Ballad Of Hollis Brown (Bob center stage)
8 Make You Feel My Love (Bob on keys, then center stage with harp)
9. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on keyboard)
10 A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall (Bob on keyboard)
11. Thunder On The Mountain (Bob ???)
12. Thin Man (Bob center stage with harp)
13. All Along The Watchtower (Bob on keyboard)
14. Jolene (Bob keys)
(band intro)
15 Like A Rolling Stone..
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
Wii
Cmg
Stp
Hf
Priv
Sonny
Haul
Marble
Bia
San
Sfa 
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
Glenn setting up Marks amp for Bobs set.

Wohooo
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

Offlinegavlar

• Guitar George
Thanks BBB...no surprises, what was the performance/atmosphere like?

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
i was told the sound was very loud...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinegavlar

• Guitar George
quite a small venue I guess in comparison to European venues...may explain the louder volume?

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
1 Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat (Mark on guitar)
2 Don't Think Twice, It's Alright (Bob & Mark on guitar)
3 Things Have Changed (Mark on guitar)
4 Mississippi (Mark on guitar)
5 Honest With Me
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OnlineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
MK was on top form again and to be fair as a non Dylan fan he was blooming good as well. I swear MK has upped his performance for this tour. I managed to get into an argument with some people behind me who thought it was a good time to have a loud chat while MK was on.  After alot of swearing and puffed up chests I got an apology, which was strange as the chaps talking were there to see MK.  I went with a friend who last saw MK in 92 at earls Court with me and had given up on him after OES.  He walked out saying MK was amazing and Dylan was years past his best and that it was sad seeing him like that. I was interviewed for winkball.com as I left.

Offlinearabia

• Camerado
While last night wasn't a night which I had tickets for, I still walked down to the Apollo to say hello to a few folks. Sadly it was only Dylan fans as I don't know any of you yet. I saw Mark's band arrive in silver vans and I assume Mark a little later in a black Merc. I was chatting with someone on Marks crew and Guy came out to talk to him too. I thought of asking for a photo but I'm not really the type for that but it was nice to see him. I saw the catering come in a little later and it was quite funny being used to reading the tour diaries and the daily mention of the catering, to see the other side of it.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
MK was on top form again and to be fair as a non Dylan fan he was blooming good as well. I swear MK has upped his performance for this tour. I managed to get into an argument with some people behind me who thought it was a good time to have a loud chat while MK was on.  After alot of swearing and puffed up chests I got an apology, which was strange as the chaps talking were there to see MK.  I went with a friend who last saw MK in 92 at earls Court with me and had given up on him after OES.  He walked out saying MK was amazing and Dylan was years past his best and that it was sad seeing him like that. I was interviewed for winkball.com as I left.

Many thanks for your review, Banjo!  I'm glad you had a good time!  I have been reading elsewhere that the sound was really bad for both bands.  Is that so? 

Anyway I'm looking forward to reading some more reviews soon - pleeeeeeeaaase!  ::)   ;D 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
Been There, Thanks to Paul Crockfor, who, after hours standing and waiting outside, let us (those who bought tickets at MK.com) get into with advance and got first row.

So, be aware if you go tomorrow monday.

The concer, Bruthal!!!

OnlineBanjo99uk

• Romeo

Many thanks for your review, Banjo!  I'm glad you had a good time!  I have been reading elsewhere that the sound was really bad for both bands.  Is that so? 

Anyway I'm looking forward to reading some more reviews soon - pleeeeeeeaaase!  ::)   ;D 

MK's vocals were completely lost on most songs sadly, otherwise it was pretty good.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
The show was great.
Great venue with a nice atmosphere but not the best for music. Too small. Too loud and too many people going in and out, at least from where I was. Monday morning, my hears still hurt. Maybe the feeling from standings is different. 
A wonderful evening anyway.
I didn't see anyone, my apologies BBB, Millionaire and arabia. It's definitely the way I travel that ruins every meeting. Always on the edge, short connection times, and I don't have to queue because I always go for seats. Same happened in Glasgow. At least there I actually saw dmg  :) Will try to improve myself next tour.  :-[

The show was great, MK obviously happy to be home. In great shape. The sound was too loud for electric guitar but was wonderful during acousitc guitar songs. The highlight ? No surprise, I found Marbletown was the best ever. That song is like good'ol Tunnel of love from the BIA tour : you can pick up anyone, get blown away and really think it's the best you've ever heard.

Did I say Mark played so well ? No STP glitch  ;) 

I was impressed during the whole but especially one moment was amazing : Don't think twice, it's alright.
We all know Bob plays guitar on that one   :disbelief . I saw in Geneva and Roma : there's nothing to do, we could'nt hear Mark's guitar.
Different in London. I really saw Mark's genius. He was really following Bob's guitar playing and was trying to save the song. The Alchemist was back in Hammersmith  and he turned bob's lead (guitar) into gold.

Rollergirl

The Alchemist was back in Hammersmith  and he turned bob's lead (guitar) into gold.

Love that sentence  :)

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
The Alchemist was back in Hammersmith  and he turned bob's lead (guitar) into gold.

Love that sentence  :)

+1
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 38 queries.