Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: itw Mark french magazine "BEST" 1980  (Read 7045 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
itw Mark french magazine "BEST" 1980
« on: March 09, 2012, 08:26:06 AM »
Mark talks about his "new" schecter guitars (used on Making Movies)

He's also talking about :
guitar practicing, several strings at the same time (with example given : Sultans)

it's from the french magazine "BEST" 1980

here's a try of translation (with Google....) :

BEST : the first time I heard the song, I did not believe the record store who claimed that you were English, "Sultans" for me, it was still made ??in the United States.
M.K. : And it felt like what?
BEST : say Dylan and JJ Cale  if you want to label ("tags")
M.K. : I do not want to label ("tags"). I especially believe that the Straits has its own sound. It has nothing to envy to anyone. This sound has been achieved by dint of work for nights, nights where I ended up being so tired that I fell asleep on my guitar. And it happens again. Yesterday, after the concert I played in my room until 5am.
BEST : it is no longer rehersal, it's forcing!
M.K. : I don't play it every night until 5:00! But yesterday, my girl-friend was with her parents, so I took advantage. When she is home, I never play that long.
BEST : If you do not play that long, you have the feeling of wasting your time?
M.K. : Lots of times, I tell myself that I should train more often and longer too. If you find yourself a moment alone in a room and that your guitar is placed in a corner, you must seize it. You have no right to deprive you of a chance to play: we can not achieve anything without work.
BEST : Why have you forsaken your Strato for a Schecter, on the last LP?
M.K. : Schecter's are great because they feet well in hand. They are better designed and manufactured. The sound is not necessarily better than a Strat, but it has a lot size of pus. More, they are soft to the touch and you don't cut yourself with the strings. the only drawback is that they are a bit heavier (end of our advertising)
BEST : Tell me a little of your game. Looks like you play the notes in pairs, is that true ?
M.K. :Very often. Sometimes I play three strings at the same time, the second, the third and the fourth.
BEST :On which songs?
M.K. : "Sultans of Swing", precisely
BEST : Is it that your secret ?
M.K. :This is my style. I think the best way to play. You have to put the feeling too.

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
Re: itw Mark french magazine "BEST" 1980
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 09:05:16 AM »
Thanks for the translation - a unique little conversation.
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 36 queries.