Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #12:2012.10.20 Sacramento, CA - Power Balance Pavillion, USA # SPOILER AHEAD  (Read 21381 times)

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
Just got home from Sacramento.  Six hour drive.    Will post review after a cup of tea or two, or a glass of port or two, or something.   Yes, ANIS instead of Haul Away.    Band sounded very fresh.   Obviously having fun up there.   MK relaxed.  Glorious music.   Marbletown beyond beyond fantastic.   Keeps getting developed more and more.  Saw Isaac and Jeroen vG there.  Didn't get to connect with anyone else.   Chatted with Mike P from San Diego before the concert.      If recording worked, will be uploaded.    Security was everywhere, but very lax.   

Nice to hear that you enjoyed the show so much, IrisRose.   :) Thanks for your brief reviews.  And there is a recording of this show already uploaded on KnopflerTK Tracker:  http://tracker.knopflertk.net/torrents-details.php?id=2367  Right here waiting for you guys detailed reviews. 

Wishes
Allen

I've sent  you personal PM for help.  There's issue with seeding. I've also tried to upload 2 shows from SF, but the tracker won't allow. Thanks for your help.  I hope everybody will be patient with me as I am working through some technical issues.  Any help will be appreciated.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Jeroenvg is an other Dutch member. You mean Jeroen Gerrits
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
Just got home from Sacramento.  Six hour drive.    Will post review after a cup of tea or two, or a glass of port or two, or something.   Yes, ANIS instead of Haul Away.    Band sounded very fresh.   Obviously having fun up there.   MK relaxed.  Glorious music.   Marbletown beyond beyond fantastic.   Keeps getting developed more and more.  Saw Isaac and Jeroen vG there.  Didn't get to connect with anyone else.   Chatted with Mike P from San Diego before the concert.      If recording worked, will be uploaded.    Security was everywhere, but very lax.   

Nice to hear that you enjoyed the show so much, IrisRose.   :) Thanks for your brief reviews.  And there is a recording of this show already uploaded on KnopflerTK Tracker:  http://tracker.knopflertk.net/torrents-details.php?id=2367  Right here waiting for you guys detailed reviews. 

Wishes
Allen

I've sent  you personal PM for help.  There's issue with seeding. I've also tried to upload 2 shows from SF, but the tracker won't allow. Thanks for your help.  I hope everybody will be patient with me as I am working through some technical issues.  Any help will be appreciated.

Problems solved and email replied.  Sacramento show seeding finished and you can try to upload San Francisco again. Glad to help you  ;) 

Wishes
Allen
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
wow!

A night in summer long ago after Done with Bonaparte

what an incredibly boring couple
lol....
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo

Wishes
Allen

Problems solved and email replied.  Sacramento show seeding finished and you can try to upload San Francisco again. Glad to help you  ;) 

Wishes
Allen

Allen,

Thanks, couldn't have done it without your help.

The torrent is now on the tracker.  Seeding well.

http://tracker.knopflertk.net/torrents-details.php?id=2369

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
and now also good old soomlos posted..
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=425439&viewcomm=5641540#comm5641540
Mark Knopfler
Power Balance Pavilion
Sacramento, California
October 20, 2012

01. What It Is
02. Corned Beef City
03. Privateering
04. Yon Two Crows
05. I Use To Could
06. Song For Sonny Liston
07. band introduction
08. Done With Bonaparte
09. A Night In Summer Long Ago
10. Hill Farmer Blues
11. Marbletown
(encore)
12. So Far Away

Band Members
Mark Knopfler - vocals, guitar
Jim Cox - keyboards, piano, accordian
John McCusker - violin, cittern
Glenn Worf - bass
Mike McGoldrick - flute, whistle and pipes, acoustic guitar
Ian Thomas - drums
Richard Bennett - guitar, steel guitar, bouzouki
Guy Fletcher - keyboards, guitar

source: soomlos
10th row center floor
neumann skm140 > grace lunatec v3 > m-audio microtracker II (24/48)
m-audio microtracker II > usb > pc > sound forge pro 10 > cd wave editor > flac (24/48)

ffp
mk2012-10-20t01.flac:a67233ce625b8b865f15cb4e7d1753c1
mk2012-10-20t02.flac:d272c8841eb96aec2c82389bef23d645
mk2012-10-20t03.flac:59c76cf72e392fadd91c8112879d0ca0
mk2012-10-20t04.flac:bb4149d33f50c016b0bdf9ab0957ae23
mk2012-10-20t05.flac:33215c6fbfbaf6108b192117658472c1
mk2012-10-20t06.flac:102e0f27c232281cb909d24eaa89d93f
mk2012-10-20t07.flac:80367627cfcfb577d92a373803ff23f4
mk2012-10-20t08.flac:0360680e49b8c0a09b1e3a86045303b7
mk2012-10-20t09.flac:3008c70b844b4d5d5ecc8713d5e740fc
mk2012-10-20t10.flac:65fddcdbaa3f312cd765a35815a093a1
mk2012-10-20t11.flac:b2e113bf1a81f935765464405a4e1d2b
mk2012-10-20t12.flac:f9b864eb23eed5b7183c25a2f43cfe90

Offlinesilentguy

• Camerado
Great.

Soomlos has some great shows from many artists.
Hopefully he is following Dylan and Knopfler around for a few shows.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
i believe he does until LA.

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
Well, now that my life is slowly getting back to normal. I thought I'll share my expereince at the last show in Sacramento.

Sacramento being the furtherest venue for me to get to, I decided to spend a night there instead of driving 1 1/2 hours home after the show. it proved to be a prudent decision as I was able to regain my vigor the next morning after a good 8 hours of sleep.  I functioned literally on 2 -3 hours of sleep previous 3 nights. 

My supportive husband dropped me off at around 5:45 pm at the venue.  Upon arrival, I noticed just a handful of people waiting around, none of whom seemed enthusiatically enough to start a conversaion with.  I strolled around when a sign stared blankly in my face. "no backpack" Oh well, I thought to myself, they could check it if they wanted to.  Just before I approached the first entrance point,  there walked in a group of 4 young people, 2 guys and 2 20 year-old girls.  We recognized each other immediately, as we were all in the front row together in SF. We smiled to each other , started our lively conversation. I came to learn that they are fans from Germany who are following Dylan around on this tour. They'll end the tour in LA and then head back home. I admire their doings a lot.

We all walked together to the first entrance point, when the security guard came and adamantly said "no backpack" I saw no points in arguing as he 's just enforcing the rules implementing by some powers that be.  I obliged. Before I knew what to do, Alrick ( German fan) offered to keep my pack in his car.  We walked to his car, safely deposited my backpack in the trunk. We walked back and were ready to pass the first security check point. Little did I know the next dilemma was awaiting. The guard said " I couldn't get in with the belt I had on me". At this point, I was quite beyond words in rage. It was a beautiful stylish meatallic belt I put on my MK shirt that I got from SF. We all shook our heads and couldn't believe what we heard.  " o tolerance"  it's the policy at the arena. How about my zero tolearance of having my freedom trampled on. :disbelief. Begrudgingly, I removed the belt, Alrick 's hand was already there ready to receive it.  We joke while walking into the final entrance check point that, sooner or later we all have to come to the shows naked. :disbelief :lol

I found my seat which was on the floor about 12 rows back. Pretty decent. Deposited myself in a chair that fits my behind pretty well. Mind you, I'm a small petite woman.  To my right, a gentleman, who seemed nonchalant. He probably didn't know why he was there. 2 empty seats to my left, and I thought "cool" They probably wouldn't show up until Dylan's set.  A few minutes before 7:30, the most thrilling moment of the entire night , a couple who are about 2-3 times my size, scurried in, squeezed their way into the seats. I was sandwiched and half suffocated to my left and right. I was in such despair ! ???  I thought who would come to my rescue now.  The light began to dim, the familiar feel good music started to blare " Good Evening ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to Sacramento, Mark Knopfler" . I jumped to my feet, screamed my loudest scream of joy. I couldn't careless the distress that was upon me earlier. It was MK to my rescue !!!!  I was happy as I could be completely in the zone.  The couple next to me wouldn't stop chattering. At that moment, I almost felt that, MK shows should be reserved only for fans who appreciate his music.

The performance was strong. The rendition of 'Song for Sonny" "HFB" and "marbletown" were incredibly energectic. Even "what it is" sounded slightly different.  Mark was quite chatty.  Overall, it was a great show.  As quickly as MK and the band emerged on stage to the roaring thunder of "what it is"  they vanished as quickly  at the end of "SFA"

The crowds were loud and responded very enthusiastically to the show.
All in all, it was a great last show. It culminated the intense joy and happpiness I expereinced those 4 nights. 

Thanks for reading. 

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Many thanks, Sweetsurrender!    I almost felt I was there - very enjoyable reading!  :thumbsup
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Thanks for writing Sweetsurrender! For as long as I was reading I was there, as well!
The searching part is awful. I have been there and thankfully I was able to hide my bulgy photo-camera during MK concert, and mp3 recorder with mic. I would have felt awful if they got it, like I felt in an Godspeed you black emperor concert, when they took it away from me. And I still wonder why, it was too dark to take photos, anyway!

These Germans were Dylan followers, eh? Any MK followers?

Thank you once again for everything.   
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Thanks for that report SS.  And has been said, very nice writing style!  A+ :clap
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
Thanks superval. vgonis and dmg for coming along on the concert ride through my writing with me.  It's been fun to share the experience with real MK nuts.  Certainly can't talk to my friends about it, nor my hubby. Although my young kids have earfuls of MK nights and days.  Hope some days, they'll grow up to talk about MK, because their mom could never stop talking about him. :lol It's been a week, but I'm still coping with post MK blues.  :'( :'( :'( Thanks for the great recordings, I can relive those fantastic nights.

OfflinePixelPerfect

• Local Hero
So, SweetSurrender, you noticed it too? I just downloaded and listened to a recording of this concert and noticed the very different flute/fiddle melody in What it is; it sounds like something from a John McCusker album!. Very nice surprise after hearing the same old melody since 2010. And from hearing the recording, I Used to Could sounded great. The guitar seriously reminds me of "The Bug" from OES tour recordings. And speaking of that tour: that fast lick before Sonny Liston? My gosh, I don't think MK has played anything that fast since 1992! I was very surprised.

OfflineMasked and Anonymous

• Guitar George
Great Show!  :clap Thanks very much soomlos! I hope Bob's set from this night shows up some day too.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 36 queries.