Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Best of 2012 tour  (Read 23844 times)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Best of 2012 tour
« on: November 10, 2012, 01:41:23 PM »
Which tracks from which (recorded) show would you include on a "Best of 2012" compilation (I'm trying to make one) ?
As for me, I would take most tracks from Saskatoon, since the performance is very good and the quality of the recording seemed second to none so far; I would add Kingdom of Gold from Grand Prairie (awsome), and maybe take Redbud tree from Regina (more different than the studio version), and maybe WII from Winnipeg (the only one with the drum intro). And Brothers from one of the recent shows...
What do you guys think ?

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Best of 2012 tour
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 02:59:55 PM »
Lots of show that didn't showed up yet, so maybe It's too song for that...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 08:45:07 PM »
Crows from Vancouver.  Too soon though I think as well.

What version of Bonaparte do you think... :hmm :lol
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePixelPerfect

• Local Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 04:29:44 PM »

Vancouver? Where'd you get the Vancouver show? I didn't see it on the "recordings" thread.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 04:33:09 PM »

Vancouver? Where'd you get the Vancouver show? I didn't see it on the "recordings" thread.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=426169

And the bonuses are: it's from DAT and there's no SFA!!!

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 05:03:51 PM »
also, do add the best cooperations, like the Blind willie from just recently...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePixelPerfect

• Local Hero
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 11:40:59 PM »

Thanks much!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=426169

And the bonuses are: it's from DAT and there's no SFA!!!

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 11:56:44 PM »
You guys that have heard most of the shows, what is the best HFB version in your opinion?
Love over gold, mind over matter

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 11:21:53 AM »
You guys that have heard most of the shows, what is the best HFB version in your opinion?

Sacramento.  Broomfield is good too.  HFB is a bit hit or miss, with more misses for me, this tour.  Last tour was the best it ever was IMO.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 03:09:14 PM »

Sacramento.  Broomfield is good too.  HFB is a bit hit or miss, with more misses for me, this tour.  Last tour was the best it ever was IMO.
A very good version is the one included in the Privateering Bonus CD; clear, no crowd noise (reharshals !), powerful solo in the end. On CD at last ! too bad WII and MT are not there !

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 03:38:39 PM »

A very good version is the one included in the Privateering Bonus CD; clear, no crowd noise (reharshals !), powerful solo in the end. On CD at last ! too bad WII and MT are not there !

No Marbletown - woo-hoo! :thumbsup :thumbsup :clap ;D

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 03:50:29 PM »

Well... I guess we all have the song we dislike; for you it is Marbletown... for the rest of us, though, Marbletown is a live classic. I remember talking to Isaac when I met him in 2010 and 2011, and he could not have lived without Marbletown... but he disliked Speedway ! yes, Speedway, the one everybody likes !
As for me, it is this bloody Song for Sony Liston; can't see the point, I'm having a bore everytime, people get enthousiasts over the solo but it just sounds boring to me; why could he not ressurect Boom, Like That instead ??

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 04:01:44 PM »

Well... I guess we all have the song we dislike; for you it is Marbletown... for the rest of us, though, Marbletown is a live classic. I remember talking to Isaac when I met him in 2010 and 2011, and he could not have lived without Marbletown... but he disliked Speedway ! yes, Speedway, the one everybody likes !
As for me, it is this bloody Song for Sony Liston; can't see the point, I'm having a bore everytime, people get enthousiasts over the solo but it just sounds boring to me; why could he not ressurect Boom, Like That instead ??
[/quote]

I agree;  BLT would be great and Sonny Liston is played out now.  In saying that, SFSL is better sounding now than ever but I still could do without it and can't help but feel Mark only plays it to please Krusty because it wasn't in his solo set in 2010.

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 04:28:14 PM »

Nope, I'm with dmg in this. I dislike Marbletown as well.

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 04:29:51 PM »

Oops, and thanks dmg and herlock for the info. I've bought the superdupperdeluxe box set with the three bonus tracks, I don't have the live cd. Must run after it. Thanks!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 36 queries.