Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: philly show - Superstorm Sandy charity offer  (Read 14926 times)

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
Re: philly show - Superstorm Sandy charity offer
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 11:48:19 PM »
Hophead, you are in the land of opportunity. Maybe he'll make it all the way to the White house! (And then be bankrupt  ;)  )

Well this is the same nation that voted Kings Row actor President and an Austrian bodybuilder mayor so...  God bless America! ;)
Yup..thats us here in the good ol' US...shoot (vote) first..then think   :think. Why do I suddenly feel an urge to listen to "Once upon a time in the West"????   ;D

On a side note The California Democratic Party originally wanted Robert Vaughn to challenge Ronald Reagan for Governor.
I suppose if it had been my choice..I might have chosen The Man from Uncle over Ronnie...but Vaughn's character in The Magnificent Seven was kinda sleazy so.... :thumbsdown
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 11:50:22 PM »
Just realized that this thread is probably beyond all hope... :smack
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2012, 12:32:43 AM »
I guess this thread has fulfilled its purpose a few posts back, and now can be treated accordingly, by us free spirits.  :)
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 04:33:39 AM »
Well, the Austrian Bodybuilder was governor of California.   I don't think he was ever a mayor.   And, Sinatra and Elvis made the girls scream and they lasted all of their lives.  MK made the girls scream (some of us still are tempted).  Don't count Bieber out just yet.   Some of them disappear, but he is very responsive to his little fans, and those, often, are the ones who do last.    He still has time to grow and mature.   Some of us do.  No, I don't listen to his music.  Too busy listening to MK.     I just don't think that he has to be put down just because he is young.   
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2012, 04:51:06 AM »
Well, the Austrian Bodybuilder was governor of California.   I don't think he was ever a mayor.   And, Sinatra and Elvis made the girls scream and they lasted all of their lives.  MK made the girls scream (some of us still are tempted).  Don't count Bieber out just yet.   Some of them disappear, but he is very responsive to his little fans, and those, often, are the ones who do last.    He still has time to grow and mature.   Some of us do.  No, I don't listen to his music.  Too busy listening to MK.     I just don't think that he has to be put down just because he is young.   
Not because JB is young IrisRose..because he is one-dimensional. To even mention him in the same breath as Mark..who writes the lyrics..writes the melody..and oh yeah..can play a pretty mean guitar lick too...well it's just not the same. Justin is a celeb...a pop-star..Mark is an artist.

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 06:09:27 PM »
I agree with you on every point, Hophead--except that the boy has a chance to grow and last.   Agree:  no comparison between him and MK  (sorry to mention them in the same breath--  :) )     But I don't think that we can just write him off yet.     We will continue this discussion in 10 years.   
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 08:50:26 PM »
irisrose, thnx for the ticket scans!!
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 38 queries.