Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: David Knopfler Interview  (Read 6253 times)

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
David Knopfler Interview
« on: November 17, 2012, 05:31:39 AM »
Forgive me if this is old, but haven't seen this interview with David Knopfler before. Obviously, there must have been a no Mark questions pre-interview rule set down not?

http://www.15min.lt/en/article/culture-society/david-knopfler-co-founder-of-dire-straits-superficiality-in-music-was-always-around-528-271430

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: David Knopfler Interview
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 11:31:22 AM »
Interesting somehow. Not seen it before.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 06:39:22 AM »
I really enjoyed reading those 2 interviews.  DK has many good philosophical views about lives in general.  Very cool !!!

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 02:19:31 PM »
First of all, happy new year everyone. It's my first post this year.

Back to the track, on the second interview, DK fixed another piece in the puzzzle of how he ended out of the band. He wanted his songs to be recorded and played, didn't want to be always second to his brother. I can figure out the growing tension within the band.

But what kind of songs had he been writing at that time? Were they good enough to fit in a r&r band? I tend to think that yes, they could be suitable to DS.

In "The giver" booklet he stated thar "Southside tenements" was written at that time. Well, good enough for me. "What's the matter baby" it's a pretty respectable song, IMHO, regardless not knowing who write what parts...

But "Bernadette", well, i do not like. But it's in the same path of "Eastbound train", from the same era, isn't it?
Love over gold, mind over matter

Offlinerosco

• Camerado
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 10:53:04 AM »

Back to the track, on the second interview, DK fixed another piece in the puzzzle of how he ended out of the band. He wanted his songs to be recorded and played, didn't want to be always second to his brother. I can figure out the growing tension within the band.

But what kind of songs had he been writing at that time? Were they good enough to fit in a r&r band? I tend to think that yes, they could be suitable to DS.

In "The giver" booklet he stated thar "Southside tenements" was written at that time. Well, good enough for me. "What's the matter baby" it's a pretty respectable song, IMHO, regardless not knowing who write what parts...

But "Bernadette", well, i do not like. But it's in the same path of "Eastbound train", from the same era, isn't it?

Wasn't the reason he left the band because he(DK) couldn't get the his guitar parts correct for the recording/rehearsals of Makin Movies? and MK was quite annoyed with him. Apparently DK took the huff because he felt MK was being quite nasty and also had a poor attitude towards him. It left him no option but to leave.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 11:12:42 AM »

Wasn't the reason he left the band because he(DK) couldn't get the his guitar parts correct for the recording/rehearsals of Makin Movies? and MK was quite annoyed with him. Apparently DK took the huff because he felt MK was being quite nasty and also had a poor attitude towards him. It left him no option but to leave.

That was the exact fight who made Dave left the band, but wasn
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.027 seconds with 38 queries.