Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Unable to use tracker and dime  (Read 7550 times)

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
Unable to use tracker and dime
« on: October 11, 2012, 02:10:32 AM »
Strange new problem never encountered before.    My requested downloads won't load/activate.   I download the torrent file and open it in utorrent.    No action.   Get "Warning may have insufficient source"   
I've tried both utorrent and bittorrent.   I've tried both the tracker and dime.    My OS is Windows 7.     I began experiencing this problem this summer.   Have put 'security' back to default, and have added the tracker and dime to safe sites.     Any help?    Will also write to the tracker if Pamplina doesn't see this.   
Thanks
Marie/IrisRose
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
Re: Unable to use tracker and dime
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 03:57:05 AM »
Hi Irisrose,
I sent you a PM regarding tracker.

regards
Shangri la 1

Offlinepamplina

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 11:22:17 AM »
Strange new problem never encountered before.    My requested downloads won't load/activate.   I download the torrent file and open it in utorrent.    No action.   Get "Warning may have insufficient source"   
I've tried both utorrent and bittorrent.   I've tried both the tracker and dime.    My OS is Windows 7.     I began experiencing this problem this summer.   Have put 'security' back to default, and have added the tracker and dime to safe sites.     Any help?    Will also write to the tracker if Pamplina doesn't see this.   
Thanks
Marie/IrisRose
Hi Marie:
The problem is with some torrents or all of them?
I've experienced problems related to IPv6 (incompatibility on the router or in the operating system), but only in some torrents.
Feel free to write me anytime to solve it.
Greetings
Greetings from Cadiz, Spain :-)

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 06:41:58 AM »
Here it is, the end of November, and I have not solved problem.   Even with excellent help from the tracker.     I've gone so far as to reformat windows.   Then with downloading the torrent client I have left all settings at default.   It has to be in the modem, for the problem exists with both computers.   
I have checked Connections in the torrent client and run the speedtest.  It fails.    Under network, the error message "unable to forward port" appears.    I hesitate to download any other programs to 'fix' this problem.   
History of attempts: uninstall reinstall utorrent & bittorrent; turned off virus protection; turned off firewalls.    asked for help from utorrent and got the rudest moderator in the history of mankind. 
There are no simple answers.   I've tried them all.     It has to be in the modem.   
Goes a long, long way
To get along

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 09:01:06 PM »
Well, I have installed bittorrent on a friend's computer.  Friend uses same isp.    Works fine.   This HAS to be in my modem connection, since it occurs on both my computers here at home, but not on another's.    As I said, I reformatted my second computer, connected wirelessly.    So it cannot be within the computer system.    It has to be in the outgoing connections.     Any ideas?    IT experts?    Anyone besides shangri-la reading these?     HELLLLLLLPPPPP!
Goes a long, long way
To get along

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 07:04:11 AM »
I'm not so convinced that port forwarding is the answer. Do you know...since I started with BitTorrent in 2004, I've never forwarded a port on any router that I've used over the years and still managed to keep a 1:1 ratio?  ;) Sometimes, I simply had no choice. Port forwarding helps you configure your own network properly and of course it's good to setup anyway, but if your ISP is doing something to shape your individual BitTorrent traffic there's not much you can do except something drastic like using a proxy for all incoming/outgoing connections and tracker updates. Anyway, I'm curious what uTorrent's outgoing encryption  will do, if anything, as I described in the email that I sent you.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 03:45:37 PM »
Iris Rose, I don't know if you have solved the problem. It seems like a hit and miss case. Maybe something with the connection provider.

Utorrent has issued a version during the summer, and if you have installed it by default, this may be the source. Of course bitorrent as well, is a hell of a coinsidence!   Maybe find an older utorrent version (or use the one that just got issued, who knows)  and see if it works. When unistalling the clients check for any small traces they leave and remove them as well. Sometimes they are the one causing the problem. I use 3.2.2 (works fine) and the new one is 3.2.3.

Are your download stats OK?

Have you tried downloading from other sites apart from dime and tracker?

Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 03:20:05 AM »
The solution to the problem was unbelievably simple!   To think of all the months I've spent is maddening.    The problem became worse when I could not use the AppleTV device.   So again, hours on the phone with the ISP techs and the Apple tech none of whom could/would delve into the problem.   Apple said it was the ISP's problem and wouldn't help.   The ISP said it was Apple's problem and couldn't/wouldn't help.   All the port forwarding, which I learned on my own helped with the torrents, but not with the wireless network connection in my home.     Today I called the ISP one last time to tell them "To hell with your cheap modem router--I'm getting my own."   (Against the ISP's rules.)  and I lucked out and got a tech who was competent, knew something, and more importantly, cared enough to help!   
It took one radio button--ONE!   Enable UPnP!   The techs who installed the modem (when all the trouble started) had neglected to enable this feature, and I didn't know enough to check that out.   (Why should I, when your ISP is the 'expert.'  :)  )   
It is fixed!    I can now stream from my AppleTV!   I can now cleanly download torrents and in turn upload, thus share!   
Amazing!   For months--not one ISP tech knew the answer or cared.    The Apple tech said he could not give help with the router.  I understood that!)   But after searching on the Apple forums, I had discovered that others had had the same problem and the same error message.  So Apple should have at least known the cause, even if they would not help me fix it.   They could have said, "It's in your router.  Enable UNpN."        So there it is!     Thanks to all of you who did try to help, especially Jose Brihuega, who spent lots of time on this.   
Goes a long, long way
To get along

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 07:15:45 AM »
 :clap :wave Great news! I think consumer laws need to make it harder for this service provider

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 37 queries.