Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: "Private Investigations", my tribute to Mark Knopfler  (Read 3282 times)

OfflineMKT

• Guitar George
"Private Investigations", my tribute to Mark Knopfler
« on: May 01, 2013, 10:49:13 AM »
Hi all, I discovered this section on the forum, listened to some stuff and saw the great constructive feedback from the members. So I decided to register and share an example of what I do in my spare time (when I'm not spending time with my kids or doing my day-to-day job in a multinational company).

I started creating stuff like this about a year ago, but I'm not really actively promoting it or taking it to stage. I hope you enjoy it, and I'm looking forward to any feedback from you, the real fans.

c5J5TRF4XIo

Best regards,
MKT

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
Re: "Private Investigations", my tribute to Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 09:13:58 PM »
That's really nicely done !  ( & a nicely compiled video too).

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 09:16:11 PM by 3Strats »
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 11:38:45 PM »
very well played and produced !

it lacks the vocal IMHO

sometimes, the panpot of the acoustic guitar seems to change a bit... abit weird when you listen with headphones

isn't there an edit (video or/and audio) about 3:20 ? the skirt color sems to change a bit, and the panpot of the guitar too.

all in all great job !  :thumbsup :clap

OfflineMKT

• Guitar George
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 09:49:02 AM »
Thanks for the flowers  :)

@JF: I'm not a singer by nature, I'm even worse than MK, so I won't take a stab at that one. With regard to the panning: well spotted! During the recordings, I had some issues with my mixer: one of the channels (I think it was the left one) tended to fall out or give some static noises every now and then. So I had to copy-paste the sound of the right channel to the left channel. You will notice that in those parts, the sound of the guitar is no longer stereo and no longer panned slightly to the right. I now bought a new mixer, so for my newer recordings I do not have this problem anymore. As for the part at 3:20 - there's no cut in there, neither in video nor audio. I do see a little render-glitch, this might be what you're seeing.

Best,
MKT

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 36 queries.