Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New David Knopfler Interview  (Read 9561 times)

OfflineBrunno Nunes

• Camerado
Re: New David Knopfler Interview
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2013, 09:45:31 PM »
when yu make such a bold statement in your 2nd only post here Brunno, then i would love to hear the reason why you think so.
I am also not entirely happy with fingerpickers' statement, even though parts of it are somehow "true"
so, pls, share with us why you think so.

Ok, I'll explain.

First, to make this kind of comparison is something childish, by chance they were in competition to see who is the best guitarist or songwriter? Such a statement is worthy of who knows only the first page of the book "Dire Straits", ie the studio albums. It is a fact that there has not been enough room for DK guitars in the studio, but  wonder, can anyone hear some rhythm guitar in any Dire Straits album or Knoplfer soil than the MK's own? It takes more perspective, meet the band live, for this there are bootlegs and regarding the Dire Straits live in the question guitar solo and rhythmic guitar, after David left the band important part of the sound that the band had lost, there was a very pulsing chemistry between the brothers Knopfler on stage, a single configuration, a small example of what I mean: one thing is you watch Down to the Waterline 80 in Dortmund, quite another to watch the same song on Rockpalast 79 at Rockpalast 79 can hear a rhythm guitar striking, David and his phaser pedal creating a distinctive atmosphere in Dortmund have Alan Clark bringing another atmosphere, unfortunately the guitar of Hal does not shine Remember, I'm talking about a rhythmic guitar! One thing is SOS with David, something completely different is the 80 SOS Live, the band lost what had brought as uniqueness, a certain swing.

Anyway ... there was a dynamic with the original lineup and  never repeated again, and if you look, the LOG tour was the structural basis of almost everything Knoplfer did on stage from 1982 until the present day, the same dynamic, two keyboards, the presence of saxophone, rhythm guitar becoming less evident, usually only appearing to do some small solo (Lions, Portobello Belle, SOS-Hal Lindes) (TYL-Hal Lindes, Phil and Jack Sonni Plamer) (WWE-Jack Sonni) ( MFN-Phil Palmer), these are the great moments these guitarists, but overall, rhythm guitar much less evident. Richard Bennett is another case, plays several stringed instrument, can tune into Mark in various ways with their instruments, even so, in my view, regarding the rhythmic guitar, David Knopfler is a assumidade the best, competent!

I will not even put other relevant aspects, the influence of David Knoplfer in the process of composing songs of Dire Straits, the brothers grew up together and heard the same things, they had a very natural chemistry.

Let's go down to the waterline!

my blog : https://universodirestraits.blogspot.com

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: New David Knopfler Interview
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 11:43:27 PM »
Wow,ok, i do not understand All The stuff you want to say, but it is the effort that counts, thnx.
Stil, his influence, as big as it may have been, was only short lived, he left too early to have made a real impact, IMHO...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 38 queries.