Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 55:2013.07.12, Anfiteatro Camerini, Padova, Italy # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 31016 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
I was lucky to hear Sultans in Milan (and best version of the tour imo)

Fully agreed! That version is not often mentioned, most AMITers prefer others it seems (Sofia, Istanbul). But Milan is BY FAR the best version I have heard in a long time... there are some small little beautiful melodic ideas in it that I like very much (5:32, or 6:08 to 6:16)  I would say MK was totally "in the zone" - although he messes up some timing with the lyric lines as he first and more often did this tour (... with the Sultans, with the Sultans of Swing), don't know why it is...  This is how Sultans of Swing should be played!

LE

Liverpool is my favourite SOS - of the ones I have heard, of course!    ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
pensaboy, hope you got to meet up with Vijay.  he said the show was great ! :) I was lucky I got to hear Kingdom and YTC last year during Bob/MK tour.  The Pensa is a true beauty.

OfflineMarikablue

• Camerado
thx for the setlist Holaknopfler,

great to have another great (superb) TR outro solo , aren't they all , though slightly difference ?

It seems that lately the song starts at the beginning of the outro.........there were still six lanes of traffic and three moving slow,
or the first part was between a traffic jam and stuck keys ? ?  ;D

No, actually I don't like most of the 2013 TR final solos (I have them all).

It's a very long solo and played for so many times/years, to me he seems a litte bit out of ideas most of the times in this tour
for the first time ever. I like only few versions.

This one seemed superb live yesterday, eager to listen to the soundboard version for a confirm :)

Thanks, Pensaboy!  ...I am looking forward to hearing it!  How was the concert?  And are you going to more concerts coming up?

I had excellent visual and audio mix/quality so the concert was very enjoyable even if I am one of those who don't like the setlist too much

I am going to Lucca next friday

I was lucky to hear Sultans in Milan (and best version of the tour imo)

I hope to hear Kingdom of Gold live next friday to hear how that new blue Pensa sounds live.
Last attempt out of 3 concerts. Pensa guitars always sound pretty different live compared to a soundboard recording.
An audience recording gives a better idea even if not perfect of course due to sound quality issues.

]So strong and powerful solo this tour...........like you i'm a Pensaboy  ;)

Hi, do you own a Pensa or a PensaSuhr ? otherwise you can't be a Pensaboy :P
No I don't..............okay............then I'm just..........a boy  :-[
" and it's your face I'm looking for on every street "

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........

[/quote]No I don't..............okay............then I'm just..........a boy  :-[
[/quote]

you're about to snap like a brittle telegraph pol Marikablue ? ? ?  ;D

Hang in.. ;)
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
Privateering shouldnt be red here, it's been played in Locarno  ;)
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
The superb version of TR (and it is :thumbsup):

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
Absolutely beautiful.  This is a masterpiece!!  :D :D :D

But is date misidentified in the You Tube label?  is should be July 12, right??  :think
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
Absolutely beautiful.  This is a masterpiece!!  :D :D :D

But is date misidentified in the You Tube label?  is should be July 12, right??  :think

In Europe we not used to the ISO 8601 Data elements and interchange formats (YYYY-MM-DD),
so it is misleading for most countries outside Europe.
The Europe style is DD-MM-YYYY in this case 12-07-2013 ,its quite normal, when it is no history lesson,
but not the way it should be properly , to leave out the century.  2013 will become '13. leaving out the zeros also happens, indeed not logical :disbelief
so 12-07-'13 would have been quite normal.......in Europe  ;D
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
Thanks for explaining!!  I am ONLY used to the normal confusion of the date/month swap...!  :hmm
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Thanks for explaining!!  I am ONLY used to the normal confusion of the date/month swap...!  :hmm

That's all caused by you lot across there you know! ;)  You and your sidewalks, cell phones and candy etc.  Then you dominate the media through the internet and film/TV and everyone think America speaks (and spells - humour not humor e.g.) proper English! :)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

surferboy

Absolutely fantastic!

OfflineMarikablue

• Camerado
Absolutely fantastic!
Indeed, if you ask me Mark shold play three DS songs every night  8)

1) Sultans Of Swing
2) Telegraph Road
3) Brothers In Arms

Romeo is also a masterpiece but I could live without it as long I've got those three songs  :)
" and it's your face I'm looking for on every street "

Love Expresso

I have mixed feelings about Telegraph Road from this tour. The end solo is sometimes great, and I am not THAT angry about the "karaoke" part. I have more problems with the way he "interprets" the lyrics more these days than singing, it is tough to go through the song until the solo starts, and I think I like the 2010 versions more. So another one bites the dust... Same with Brothers. Can't remember that I have listened to a full version from this tour so far...

LE

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Absolutely fantastic!
Indeed, if you ask me Mark shold play three DS songs every night  8)

1) Sultans Of Swing
2) Telegraph Road
3) Brothers In Arms

Romeo is also a masterpiece but I could live without it as long I've got those three songs  :)
+1
SoS: the one that started it all, Untouchable
TR: just the best song ever written by anybody, period. The most complexe piece of music written by Mark. Untouchable
BIA: the most touching song of all times. Untouchable

Romeo is a fine song but it has been so overplayed that I am sick of it to my stomach...

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
I have mixed feelings about Telegraph Road from this tour. The end solo is sometimes great, and I am not THAT angry about the "karaoke" part. I have more problems with the way he "interprets" the lyrics more these days than singing, it is tough to go through the song until the solo starts, and I think I like the 2010 versions more. So another one bites the dust... Same with Brothers. Can't remember that I have listened to a full version from this tour so far...

LE
Although 2013 versions tend to be a bit short I like them more than 2008/2010 version. More energy, "karaoke mode" less irritating than before since Jim really owns the piano, often great end solo, and... clear voice ! not sure what you mean about singing the lyrics ?
I still prefer 1996/2001/2005 versions though - the length and the energy level were better...
Still glad this wonderful song is still played in a great manner.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 40 queries.