Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Dire Straits: The Complete Studio Albums 1978-1991 (8LP+Download)  (Read 24272 times)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Re: Dire Straits: The Complete Studio Albums 1978-1991 (8LP+Download)
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2013, 01:12:05 AM »
Happy for you Brian! Still haven't found the time to go through it. Amazon refunded me, with the aid of some very helpful, friendly customer service from India (?)
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2014, 12:32:16 AM »
https://www.popmarket.com/details/28448853?feature_id=29258255

Just saw this. They sell the first 5 LPs, US editions. Pretty expensive, yet BiA is double and with gatefold cover!

Love Expresso

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2016, 12:13:40 PM »
Sorry folks for digging out another old thread but I have too much time in my hands at the moment obviously. I SO want this box and I swear I will never let the next opportunity go if there is another nice release. Looking back, there have been some nice items within the last 15 years. Nevertheless I am pretty astonished that this box had so few respond on AMIT and all in all a pretty negative one. I find this  box for 300 € upwards and feel the urge to go for a hunt...

The albums are sold with the sticker and the actual pressings but it's the box that I really aim for..

LE

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2016, 02:05:22 PM »
Sorry folks for digging out another old thread but I have too much time in my hands at the moment obviously. I SO want this box and I swear I will never let the next opportunity go if there is another nice release. Looking back, there have been some nice items within the last 15 years. Nevertheless I am pretty astonished that this box had so few respond on AMIT and all in all a pretty negative one. I find this  box for 300 € upwards and feel the urge to go for a hunt...

The albums are sold with the sticker and the actual pressings but it's the box that I really aim for..

LE

I know a guy who owns this thing, I'll contact him wether he would sell it or not.

Love Expresso

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2016, 02:25:06 PM »
Oh thanks but this was more drooling about it and not meant as a question to buy it from anyone. It is just that my mind has changed about these things and I feel a little "collector's item soul" coming up inside of me during the last months.

I also found that "Boom, Like That" Single again and thought it was very nicely done and a good idea back then. I remember the total astonishment about them releasing it on VINYL, it was much more dead in 2004. I bought it just for having it.  My copy had a big scratch on it from the beginning but I never cared as playing it was totally unlikely. The times are a-changin'!

Hope for some nice more special releases and nice stuff in the future. Deluxe Box Sets seem to be a sure thing nowadays.
(Dire Straits Live in Wembley 1985 Limited Deluxe Box Set with CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, Book, original Poster, Buttons and Tourbook. Complete and unabridged. How about that? If we were Queen fans, we would have several of them already...)

LE

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2016, 03:46:59 PM »
Understood, but anyway he just replied that he can sell it for a reasonable price. You have no competitors. Take your time :lol

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2016, 06:15:29 PM »
https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=636450&ev=mb

Check this out LE. Many copies for sale from 130 Euros. But remember this is  a heavy item so postage may be 20 Euros or more. As you rightly mention, all albums are released separately as well, and the only plus for this release was the outer box and the good original price.

Love Expresso

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2016, 06:33:00 PM »
Nice, thanks all. As I mentioned the decision to buy one has not been made totally clear. But if it happens, I know where to turn at!  :thumbsup

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 42 queries.