Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: A story on Jack Sonni  (Read 3955 times)

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
  • SALT LAKE CITY June 25, 2008
A story on Jack Sonni
« on: November 03, 2013, 08:36:34 PM »
http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/2013/11/3/former_rock_guitarist_s_varied_career.htm

Former rock guitarist's varied career
November 3, 2013
YellowBrix

Nov. 03--In 1984, after struggling as an artist in New York for a decade, guitarist Jack Sonni was ready to give up on his dream of playing in a famous rock band. "I said, 'I'm done with it' ... I got accepted to Fordham University to study literature," he said.

Then Sonni got a phone call from his friend, guitarist Mark Knopfler, who invited him to record an album and tour with his band, Dire Straits. The next day, Sonni flew to Montserrat, a Caribbean island with a recording studio, and then embarked on a world tour with Dire Straits that culminated with Live Aid and a global TV audience of 400 million.

Eighteen months later, the band broke up, catapulting Sonni back to obscurity.

These days, he rarely talks about his glory days. But fans who know Sonni as "the other guitarist" in Dire Straits can catch him at Diavola Supper Club, a pop-up dinner and dance held four times a year in Geyserville.

They also may be able to view his latest project, a web series called "Jack Sonni -- Virtually Real Friends" that will bring together his passion for food, music and people, while also highlighting Healdsburg.
MORE AT THE LINK ABOVE
My 2008 Red Rocks/Salt Lake/Hard Rock pix
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/?start=0

Offlinesak4

• Camerado
Re: A story on Jack Sonni
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 07:04:47 PM »
Thanks for the post Knopfling.   Interesting to read where they all get to eventually - he seems to have found a good place

Sally  :)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 37 queries.