Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Everly Brothers story (narrated by MK)  (Read 9440 times)

OfflineLestroid

• Local Hero
Re: The Everly Brothers story (narrated by MK)
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 02:30:32 PM »
I believe the audio portion is from the Everly Brothers induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2001.  But it appears that someone has replaced the original video with a different slide show.

Here is the video that I found: 

It does seem to be an honor for MK to have been asked to do this video, given the number of very well known musicians in both country music and rock and roll who have worked with and been influenced by the  Everlys over the years, including Chet Atkins.  Given that their induction was done in 2001, which is the same year that Chet Atkins died, perhaps Mark was asked because of his friendship with Chet, if Chet was too ill (or had already passed away)

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 03:31:43 PM »
SL, thanks so much. It was really great.  :thumbsup :thumbsup

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2016, 12:56:54 AM »
The video is deleted or something. And apparently, the creator of this video is not with us anymore.

Is there at least 1 in 1000000 chance someone downloaded this video somewhere? I just don't know how to get it again.

UPD: It's deleted on Dailymotion as well for no apparent reason. I remember this vid being very unpopular, but eventually it got huge attention.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 01:43:32 AM by quizzaciously »

Love Expresso

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2016, 06:15:06 PM »
I believe the audio portion is from the Everly Brothers induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2001.  But it appears that someone has replaced the original video with a different slide show.

It does seem to be an honor for MK to have been asked to do this video, given the number of very well known musicians in both country music and rock and roll who have worked with and been influenced by the  Everlys over the years, including Chet Atkins.  Given that their induction was done in 2001, which is the same year that Chet Atkins died, perhaps Mark was asked because of his friendship with Chet, if Chet was too ill (or had already passed away)

Foma,  I read your question at Guy's forum today. It seems at least the Video above is still up and running? How long was the other video?

LE

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2016, 06:23:50 PM »

Foma,  I read your question at Guy's forum today. It seems at least the Video above is still up and running? How long was the other video?

LE

WOW! Thank you for pointing it out. Original video was better, but still this is amazing! The answer was closer than I thought :smack :smack :smack

I didn't find it because this video with Mark narrating the story have no mentions of Mark whatsoever. How could it be? I'm mad :disbelief

Love Expresso

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2016, 06:27:19 PM »
Are only the pictures changed but MK's narrative part is the original one? I checked here and there and thought I had heard almost everything earlier.

Before asking Guy, always ask at AMIT first! ;-)

LE

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2016, 06:30:30 PM »
Are only the pictures changed but MK's narrative part is the original one? I checked here and there and thought I had heard almost everything earlier.

Before asking Guy, always ask at AMIT first! ;-)

LE

I asked already as you can see earlier, but seems like you wasn't around at the time. So it's more like ask LE before asking Guy :clap

The pictures were different, maybe it was't pictures at all with some video portion, I just can't remember it. But it was different.

Love Expresso

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2016, 06:34:00 PM »
MK should do audio books. Non fictional Meditation audio books.

LE

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2016, 06:53:43 PM »
MK should do audio books. Non fictional Meditation audio books.

LE

He should write one first then :D

I love to play audiobooks by Stephen Fry, they're amazing. I think Mark is the kind of guy who can write a book on the history of blues.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 07:07:52 PM by quizzaciously »

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2016, 01:01:42 PM »
There should be a "like" button on the forum  :D It is so sweet to hear Mark like this.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2016, 06:24:42 PM »
Thanks to Graham Kortgaard and Adam Holmes from Guy's forum for helping me out! I hope they read AMIT, too ;)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 42 queries.