Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 297264 times)

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
So sorry to hear that you missed out especially as it sold quite reasonably too, I did put in a bid earlier in the evening and ended up winning SE03113.
So MK Strat No.4 is coming south for my wife to learn on.....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineCarrionSpy

• Camerado
So sorry to hear that you missed out especially as it sold quite reasonably too, I did put in a bid earlier in the evening and ended up winning SE03113.

Congrats Knofplerfan!!! You have a quite large collection of MK Strats! I would like to hear you opinion about the playability and sound compared to your other ones as soon as you get it! For me I hope to have one later this year!
What made you think there'd be a living in sheep?

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Hey Carrion Spy, maybe if we both get one, each,  they'll give us a discount! We only have to find someone selling two of them.  ;D  I tried bidding on a couple when I had some money but adding the cost to get it to Greece, is way over my budget right now (the cheaper ones come around 1500  Euros, while the average is dropping fast, from 2500 Euros to 1900 Euros). So there is hope, unless Knopflerfun buys them all!  ;D Of course if someone out there (in the UK) could help reduce the cost of delivery  by picking it up locally, this would be great. And maybe we'll meet at a show in the UK. Or maybe if someone is comig over from the USA and can bring it along...
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Long and short of it all is that I have 'given' my later numbered Strat to my brother as a gift (See the owners List) so although he is not far away this 'new' one replaces it.
My brother is an MK admirer and he came to the Bournemouth BIC to see Mark on the last tour with us.

This Strat will hopefully be used by Mrs Knopflerfan as I am aiming to teach her over the coming Autumn/Winter... Great Guitar to learn on eh?

And no vgonis and Carrionspy I will not be buying anymore so over to you guys now... I will of course keep an eye out for you....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
I will of course give my first impressions when it arrives and will give it a good 'Fraipse'
I will then be giving it to my local Fender dealer's to properly set up/clean for me - This one is going to have D'addario 10's fitted along with a floating Tremelo...

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
SE03113 arrived safely today but was very grubby having not been well cleaned. Anyway I spent 20 mins cleaning and plugged in! Oh wow she is a beaut or what. Much lighter than my other 3 and yet has a lovely feel and deep sound to each note... Anyway the guitar is in midst of being fully serviced by my local Fender dealers. I will post some piccies soon. Ps - SE03113 has no dents or suchlike....
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:25:02 PM by Knopflerfan »

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Congrats Knofplerfan!!! You have a quite large collection of MK Strats! I would like to hear you opinion about the playability and sound compared to your other ones as soon as you get it! For me I hope to have one later this year!

I reckon that when the guitar arrived it still had the original strings on it... So after a thorough clean I plugged the 'beast' in and the sound was very beautiful. So very easy to play... The guitar is as I write being serviced and re-strung with some D'adarrio 10's and will have a floating Trem...
I pick-up the guitar on Monday so will report more... Good luck in your quest for one and I PROMISE not to buy another one!!!

OfflineCarrionSpy

• Camerado

I reckon that when the guitar arrived it still had the original strings on it... So after a thorough clean I plugged the 'beast' in and the sound was very beautiful. So very easy to play... The guitar is as I write being serviced and re-strung with some D'adarrio 10's and will have a floating Trem...
I pick-up the guitar on Monday so will report more... Good luck in your quest for one and I PROMISE not to buy another one!!!

Thank you Knopflerfan!! Waiting more details after the service and the floating tremolo!  :wave

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
I have just literally picked up SE03113 from the Guitar shop and to say I am pleased is an understatement!!

When the guitar first arrived on opening the case the guitar had 'scratches' although NOT deep ones I was quite concerned about whether they could be dealt with? and to top it all the tremelo was almost being ripped from it's springs, that's why I rushed up the dealer to help me out. Anyway after two days of stripping the guitar down, readjusting and re-stringing it is a very different MK Strat I own now!!
I am at work at the moment but will gladly post some photo's of the finished result... Oh and the sound, well all the guys at the guitar shop believe this is the best one of my four for sound!!!!

You take a gamble on ebay these days I know but I would have been embarrassed to have sold this guitar to anyone the state this guitar was in.. Anyway now it is fully 'restored' it will be cherished now as you can Imagine along with the others...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 10:16:32 PM by Knopflerfan »

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Ta Da..... SE03113 now fully restored back to former glory... :wave

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
For good measure here is the 'trio' taken this morning while I had the camera out!!!
Left to right:
SE00616, SE00860 & SE03113

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
And again.....

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Real Beauties Knopflerfan!  Wish I had the money to buy one and the time to play.   :wave
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineCarrionSpy

• Camerado
 :clap :clap :clap Very nice!!!!!!!

OfflineDruid

• Guitar George
I would like to add my Knopfler Strat to your list as I have SER:000618 here in Wales and I bought it from new as soon as they were announced from my local dealer.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 36 queries.