Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 297197 times)

OfflineAKW1987

• Guitar George
If I didn't think it was legit I would have sent it back straight away with out a second thought. I'm taking it to my local shop tomorrow so will get them to look further into it. After seeing one in a guitar shop a couple of years ago, I'm more than confident and I did get a good deal on it despite the original neck plate missing.

Offlineze373ej

• Guitar George
MK Signature SE00100

Hi there,

I just wanted to give you an update on my "new" MK Signature Strat SE 00100.

I just unscrewed the neck (I was restringing the guitar anyway from 010 as it came from the shop to 009) and I found the following dates:

Neck: May 20 2003
Body: May 1(4) 2003 - on of the screws made date illegible

Then there is a sticker on the neck that says July 22 2003, which is probably the assembly date, I reckon.

This guitar is really a beauty - I prefer the dakota red of this one to the finish of later models.

The sound is magnificent. I own 2 other strats (Custom Shop 62 heavy relic and a John Mayer signature) but this MK signature is by far the most direct strat I've ever played. The other two I have are mellower tonewise than this one. I guess this is because of the Texas Special pickups.

For picking it is the perfect guitar because you can influence the tone with your fingers very well. So these pups really make sense for a guitar called MK signature...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Welcome on board and I have added you to the list! :wave

Yes the MK Strat's are awesome!!

I am at the stage where I cannot place any of mine down at the moment..

Email Fender for an 'Official' assembly date....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
MK Signature SE00100

Hi there,

I just wanted to give you an update on my "new" MK Signature Strat SE 00100.

I just unscrewed the neck (I was restringing the guitar anyway from 010 as it came from the shop to 009) and I found the following dates:

Neck: May 20 2003
Body: May 1(4) 2003 - on of the screws made date illegible

Then there is a sticker on the neck that says July 22 2003, which is probably the assembly date, I reckon.

This guitar is really a beauty - I prefer the dakota red of this one to the finish of later models.

The sound is magnificent. I own 2 other strats (Custom Shop 62 heavy relic and a John Mayer signature) but this MK signature is by far the most direct strat I've ever played. The other two I have are mellower tonewise than this one. I guess this is because of the Texas Special pickups.

For picking it is the perfect guitar because you can influence the tone with your fingers very well. So these pups really make sense for a guitar called MK signature...

Congrats, love my Dakota red. They are very bright guitars, think it's the combination of light swamp ash and the pickups. It out twangs my tele!
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

foma

By the way, talking about Dakota Red

OfflineAKW1987

• Guitar George
Since it's been almost two years since Fender discontinued the MK signature, I want to know everyone's thoughts in terms with how much is an acceptable price? Where they see the value going in years to come, the Dakota red vs the hot rod red, maybe giving your own personal review on the guitar thanks.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
happy New Year all...

Found this tonight while perusing the net...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unused-USA-Artist-Series-Fender-Stratocaster-Mark-Knopfler-Guitar-and-Case-Candy-/151538432476?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item234864f9dc

Tad expensive but none the less very nice!! Not sure of number but I'm sure if anyone is interested they could email the seller...

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineAKW1987

• Guitar George
I think

Offlineze373ej

• Guitar George
I've just bought a MK strat for 1500 euros, which I think is a very fair price.

It is in dakota red and was hardly played; at least there are hardly any signs of playing...

And furthermore this guitar really sounds great. It is one of the best strats I've ever played and by far the best in this price range. Another signature strat i really like is the John Mayer model...sounds totally different from the MK strat...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Mine was
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
When I had SE00860 serviced around 2011 the guys at the guitar shop (Fender dealers) advised me that a brand new Fender MK Strat had at the time gone up in price and was a staggering

foma

When I desperately wanted to buy MK Signature, I managed every time to find decent one with nice price around ~1300 dollars.
Don't know how about you, but I'd never spend 1800 Pounds, which is >2500 dollars by the way on a Strat. It's a Strat! A regular Strat.
Utilitarian thing. A lot of screws. Interchangeable parts. Why this thing could cost so much without being genuine custom shop or vintage?

Just because it's no longer in production? Still, I was managed to find decent prices each time. It's up to seller, if he is a bad guy, so price is inconceivable.

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
it is often the case with USA built guitars (Gibson/Fender especially) that the the price you see it for sale at in dollars on US websites is the same as the amount they ask in pounds (Sterling) in the UK  ( i.e $1200 or
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 08:38:39 PM by 3Strats »
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

Offlineze373ej

• Guitar George
Brand new Knopfler Strat for sale here:

http://www.gregsguitars.de/de/product/1056/Fender_Stratocaster_Mark_Knopfler_Signature.html

I have already bought a guitar from greg. Excellent service and absolutely trustworthy...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 40 queries.