Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Screenplaying II  (Read 2709 times)

Offlinemschaap

• Camerado
Screenplaying II
« on: April 07, 2014, 05:50:15 PM »
I think the quality of MK's instrumental tunes would really deserve another best of. What would you put on another MK soundtrack compilation? Of course, it aint gonna happen cause it's not interesting enough commercially. But still it's a nice one to think about.
And do you also think Comort & Joy should have been included on Screenplaying? It's strange to be left out, those 3 tracks really are amazing. I can understand 'Two Brothers and a Stranger' from "The Color of Money' didn't make it though.

LoveExpresso

Re: Screenplaying II
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 07:36:23 PM »
As it is so very short, the complete Wag The Dog soundtrack could be part of it!  :D

LE

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 02:19:38 PM »
Comfort and Joy soundtrack would be a great addition, for us fans, but it really is a bit dated production wise, I think. And since the real soundtrack includes LoG tracks as well, this was issued as an EP for the spare ones. (By the way in the movie I thought I heard some different versions of LoG songs. Can anyone confirm?)
Also, one song has a small intro of "take five", and another one sounds quite like a remake of PI and LoG.  It doesn't bother me at all, but I'm just saying.
I love the two brothers and a stranger title and it fits the screen of the movie. It should have been included. Maybe a Screenplay 2 is a good solution for all these odds. And I would definitely  like Solid rock (alt version) from Riding high movie...
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 07:43:02 PM »
Solid Rock alt version in Riding High?  Is that the same as the version on the Demo's bootleg or another one altogether?  Haven't heard about that (or seen the film)!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 09:06:39 PM »
It is so much different (backing vocals by the whole band at refrain !!!) and also longer! Mimmo used to tell me that on his acetate recording there is an altogether alternative version, even longer!!! I don't remember the Demos version, but it could be the same as Riding high. After long search I have found a couple of clips from the movie, but never the actual whole movie.  Maybe you can locate a VHS in the UK.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 10:01:48 PM »
Yes it

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 02:07:07 PM »
It is so much different (backing vocals by the whole band at refrain !!!) and also longer! Mimmo used to tell me that on his acetate recording there is an altogether alternative version, even longer!!! I don't remember the Demos version, but it could be the same as Riding high. After long search I have found a couple of clips from the movie, but never the actual whole movie.  Maybe you can locate a VHS in the UK.

Ah, thanks - I've heard this one before.  That's the one from the Demo's bootleg as JF says.  Quite like that one, maybe even more than the album one although perhaps that's only because it has a certain novelty value due to the fact I've heard the studio version about a zillion times!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.026 seconds with 38 queries.