Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Madrid 85  (Read 1306 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Madrid 85
« on: April 15, 2014, 07:19:56 PM »
I've been listening to Madrid 85 this afternoon and I wanted to share 3 remarks :

1) I had never realized that Stargazer was used as intro in 85. I thought it was only in 82-83. The only other gig with stargazer I have form 85 is wembley 15th july. the next one I have is cleveland 5th august and it doesn't have stargazer anymore.the last setlist with "intro" on Jeroen's site is toronto 28th july. so  I guess it was ditched on the US leg of the tour. can anyone confirm ?

2) at the end of solid rock, Mark is changing a little bit the lyrics around 3'00 : something like "rock' n' roll....music to my soul". never heard this before

3) the keyboard sound on the intro of going home sounds very very very cheesy. In french we would call it "bontempi"  ;D
http://www.google.fr/search?q=bontempi&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=FmpNU5SWFsOW0AWDv4HYDw&ved=0CEIQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=902

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Madrid 85
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 10:41:35 AM »
I'm pretty sure "Stargazer" was used in the earlier gigs as intro.  You can hear it on some other bootlegs.

I had a Bontempi when I was about 5.  A budding Guy Fletcher!  ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 38 queries.