Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK in Buenos Aires March-April 2001  (Read 4473 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: MK in Buenos Aires March-April 2001
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 12:04:16 PM »
I will buy you both a drink before the first RAH show.

And a coke for DMG.  :)

Thanks, but all that sugar has me climbing the walls Dusty!   ;D

P.S.  Welcome back Jbaent!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:08:08 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinewayaman

• Camerado
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 01:19:44 PM »
What a love story  ;D

We want pictures of the meeting, if it happens!

wayaman, it is just about the great opportunity to meet a lot of fans from all over the world at the RAH - one of the greatest thing being MK fan. Have you been there, too? Or maybe turn up there next time and we can meet, too! And by the way I don't want to get you under the impression that the tiki taka thing was the reason for jbaents forum leave - it had nothing to do with it and was a recent facebook thing..

LE

I've been at the RAH, a nice place, truly.

I got that the tiki-taka was a joke between the two of you, no matter from where it comes, but its clearly a joke. Actually Ingridswing also referred to it as a joke  :lol

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 05:59:31 PM »
hope holland kicks Argentina's ass tomorrow.
as they won sooooooo underservadly from Belgium...
(unlike 1986 where they so deserved to win)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 06:33:40 PM »
hope holland kicks Argentina's ass tomorrow.
as they won sooooooo underservadly from Belgium...
(unlike 1986 where they so deserved to win)

I said Argentina to win before it started so I've got to go with them now!  And it's personal now because my Dad jumped ship half way through after agreeing with me fancies Holland now after going with Germany on and off too!  ::)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 09:42:59 AM »
RAH is a great place to meet amiters, I've met Pottel, Goldenheart, LE, Dutchessy, Millionaire Blues, Tunnel85, Marijn, Maon on a track, IrishRose and many others that I cant remember now, and it was very nice, even with some it was very briefly.

LE, nice match by Germany, thats Tiki-take made like the way its meant to be, in a useful way, if it wasnt because I truly thinks that Holland deserves it, after losing three World Cup Finals, I'll go with Germany, that in my opinion, deserved by his good football to win something with this great team, but was unlucky to coincide with the best Spain team in the recent past.

However, Holland has to win today first, if they dont, germany will be my time for sure!

Ps/ i also met Dmg and Dusty in Glasgow, and Ingrid in Newcastle, nice places as well!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

LoveExpresso

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 11:35:29 AM »
There are some players in the German team like Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Klose, Mertesacker, Podolski, who are in the team since 2006 - two times good playing (2006 and very good playing 2010), two times semi-finals - now it seems this "golden generation of German football" really deserves a title. Same with Joachim Low - it would be a pity if all these players come back home with again nothing in their hands.. So I think it would be fair if we win on Sunday. I am confident because all German players seem to classify the high score of last night right - they all know it has no meaning, and that the next game will have a total different character and meaning. But for the poor Brazilian population, I really feel some pity, because football IS their life, it has a total other dimension there it seems than in any European country.

I read a little joke this morning by the way... "A German meets a Dutch man at the petrol station. The Dutch says "we will play against Argentina tonight" - the German says "What a coincidence!! We will, too, on Sunday!"

;D

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 12:46:48 PM »
There are some players in the German team like Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Klose, Mertesacker, Podolski, who are in the team since 2006 - two times good playing (2006 and very good playing 2010), two times semi-finals - now it seems this "golden generation of German football" really deserves a title. Same with Joachim Low - it would be a pity if all these players come back home with again nothing in their hands.. So I think it would be fair if we win on Sunday. I am confident because all German players seem to classify the high score of last night right - they all know it has no meaning, and that the next game will have a total different character and meaning. But for the poor Brazilian population, I really feel some pity, because football IS their life, it has a total other dimension there it seems than in any European country.

I read a little joke this morning by the way... "A German meets a Dutch man at the petrol station. The Dutch says "we will play against Argentina tonight" - the German says "What a coincidence!! We will, too, on Sunday!"

;D

LE

And they say the Germans don't have a sense of humour!  ;)

Arsenal are my favourite English team but I really don't rate Mertesacker or Ozil at all.  I think they're rank rotten!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 12:53:00 PM »
I'm a gunner myself, and Mertesacker is too slow as a defender, and
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

LoveExpresso

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2014, 01:27:42 PM »
dmg, I agree about

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2014, 06:35:55 PM »
Not off topic at all : Messi needs to be sent back to  Buenos Aires tonight to double check if MK is still there.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 42 queries.