Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Dire Straits Experience  (Read 2600 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
The Dire Straits Experience
« on: July 09, 2014, 03:19:29 PM »
Just read about this on Guy's Forum.   

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/CU1407/S00098/the-dire-straits-experience-3-nz-dates-announced.htm

I wonder what happened to Alan Clark.    :think     Now it seems to be Chris White's band with Terence Reis.
Goin' into Tow Law....

LoveExpresso

Re: The Dire Straits Experience
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 03:27:43 PM »
Here we go again...  :-X

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 03:43:37 PM »
Its even more weird, The Straits still exists, they are playing some dates, actually very soon they will play in Spain. Alan Clark posted in facebook some pictures from the last Straits concert.

That ds experience looks like something just for Down Under, or maybe Alan decided tha its enough... Weird because Alan and Terence were working in songs to release an own record...

They have a website: http://www.direstraits experience.com/

Delete the gap between straits and experience, if you write it together here, our spam filter acts againts the zex word with s...

I must admit that without Alan, they dont interest me at all. Chris was a nice addition to DS but Alan was something more, he helped to the band to develope into a big Rock band, exactly what MK was looking for when decided to add a keyboard player to the band, and ended being the Musical Director and MK's right hand, at least until Guy arrived to MK's life  ;D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:06:29 PM by jbaent »
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 05:13:25 PM »
OMG! Another cover band..... :smack

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 05:33:51 PM »
Unless I'm mistaken it was Alan who "discovered" Terence, so The Straits is/was a band formed by Alan and therefore without him is merely a tribute band to The Straits almost like they were to DS!  :disbelief
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 09:54:54 PM »
Unless I'm mistaken it was Alan who "discovered" Terence, so The Straits is/was a band formed by Alan and therefore without him is merely a tribute band to The Straits almost like they were to DS!  :disbelief

Ha, very good.

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 10:23:44 PM »
Thanks for this, it's quite amusing.

Looks as though there must have been a bust up in the straits camp as Micky Feat who was bassist of r the straits seems to be playing in this line up.  I can't say I am surprised though if this is the case, even if it. Is a little sad. 

When I saw the straits play live once Chris happened to get in Alan's line of sight during the build up to the piano break in sultans so he couldn't see the drummer...he literally pulled him out of the way which I thought was very disrespectful.  Whilst I think Alan is a magnificent musician and as I have always said key to Dire Straits sound, he does come across as a bit of an arrogant prick sometimes in his posts on Facebook and press articles.  Maybe the others got fed up of him.

Having seen good old honest and easy going John Illsley play live recently, for me he's the best guardian of the Dire Straits legacy. Alan should get his head out of his arse and link up with him.  Oh...I forgot, he's hand selected a bunch of world class musicians who have now formed their own band...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 40 queries.