Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: On location tour 1980  (Read 4626 times)

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
Re: On location tour 1980
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 11:19:39 PM »
OL tour for me its a key moment of the DS history, its a landmark, the moment when they pass from the 4 piece band to what it would be one of the best rock bands.
Yes it sounds far more grown up and professional. Not just a rocking pub band.

Onlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: On location tour 1980
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 12:18:26 PM »
OL tour for me its a key moment of the DS history, its a landmark, the moment when they pass from the 4 piece band to what it would be one of the best rock bands.
Yes it sounds far more grown up and professional. Not just a rocking pub band.

That's a very interesting point and makes me pinpoint exactly why I'm less fond of this tour.  I prefer a band that is either one thing or the other;  this band on the OL tour is neither a pub band nor the band at Alchemy/BIA level.  It's a band trying to experiment with thing, some more successful than others and for that I admire them.  Although I admire them and they are great musicians with great songs I find the tour interesting more than anything else.  Like anything graced with Mark's guitar from the early period it cannot be anything less than fabulous (if only his playing wasn't drowned out by Alan's really annoying keyboards and some dubious arrangements).
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 38 queries.