Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Band Line up for 2015 ...?  (Read 6579 times)

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
Re: Band Line up for 2015 ...?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 09:31:10 AM »
 :thumbsup
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 01:31:17 PM »
You can read between the lines on a question about Nigel Hitcock on Guy's forum today that he probably will be joining the band.
Guy is not able to say "yes" at the moment so i think it has to be official first.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 07:48:46 PM »
From what I remember, and that isn't very much, the band line-up is usually confirmed before tickets go on sale.  Makes sense so that we know who we are going to see!

Yep.

The answer is  : Mark Knopfler.
The rest is only complementary musicians (regardless of how great they all are).
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 08:21:04 PM »
You can read between the lines on a question about Nigel Hitcock on Guy's forum today that he probably will be joining the band.
Guy is not able to say "yes" at the moment so i think it has to be official first.

Guy's also been getting pretty peed off with people asking him about hitherto unannounced tour dates and venues.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

LoveExpresso

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 11:12:05 PM »
I sent him a rant post about the RAH left-out, too. Let's what kind of bad-mood-answer I will get.

There is something on my mind about Guy for weeks now, but I can't find the right words for it. Am I the only one who has the feeling that there is pretty much distance in his latest diarys, posts, information etc... he really tries anything to let it sound as usual and as normal and as boring as can be to work on the new record.. I cannot detect the slightest enthusiasm in his posts since a year or so.. I never had so much the feeling that it is just a job he is doing than these days.. well, it IS in a certain way... hope I am wrong but I fear the magic is gone long ago, it is all nothing but routine, routine, routine...

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 11:37:06 PM »
I sent him a rant post about the RAH left-out, too. Let's what kind of bad-mood-answer I will get.

There is something on my mind about Guy for weeks now, but I can't find the right words for it. Am I the only one who has the feeling that there is pretty much distance in his latest diarys, posts, information etc... he really tries anything to let it sound as usual and as normal and as boring as can be to work on the new record.. I cannot detect the slightest enthusiasm in his posts since a year or so.. I never had so much the feeling that it is just a job he is doing than these days.. well, it IS in a certain way... hope I am wrong but I fear the magic is gone long ago, it is all nothing but routine, routine, routine...

LE

He said he is mixing the record right now so maybe he is under a lot of stress!   ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2014, 08:24:07 AM »

LE

I understand that all these same questions from forumers since 10 years can be more than boring...

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2014, 10:16:09 AM »
Of course, we all payed for tickets to see Chad on drums in 2005 only for most of us to see Danny play them.  I'm no legal expert but perhaps we were entitled to some of our money back!  ;)

well i am a legal expert in this"drummer boy" , i guarantee you will  get 55% of your money back,,,,,,,the question remains : why do i have not one clientele????? :think

At this years prices 55% would be worth the effort!

Thx for your 55% faith in me  :lol

Are the ticket prices much more than the previous tour?
dude, yeah! Antwerp just cost me 95
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2014, 08:16:05 PM »
I think now Guy has not the same fun than 10 years ago.
But he had also to face some pissed poster.
For example a few years ago, guy wrote in his diary something like "we had to shorten the show tonight due to plane constraint". He just told the truth, what happened - and he had no responsibility in it. But in return he got angry message on his forum. So we could be sure that next time that that sort of thing would happen Guy would keep his mouth shut about it.

Moreover, after 5 tours what's new to tell? Gig was splendid tonight and the public was great.

Regarding the current venue debate, we have to assume that Guy is not involved in the touring details and does not have to mind about. All he has to know is that he's exclusively booked with MK next year from may to july and from...
Beside he is not authorized to speak about things that are contractually to be kept "off".

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 38 queries.