Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Ruth Moody in Manchester - WOW (Tracker tidbits)  (Read 4056 times)

OfflineMillionaire Blues

• Camerado
Ruth Moody in Manchester - WOW (Tracker tidbits)
« on: January 15, 2015, 10:29:16 AM »
Last night I saw Ruth Moody in Manchester and I have to say it was probably the best musical experience I have ever encountered.

Her interaction with audience, amazing voice, great band and the way she spoke with fans after the gig was just amazing.

I spoke to her about Tracker and she sang on 6 songs of which she predicts 4 will make it on to the record. She said that two of them had her in tears. She also spoke of her love for the song Seattle.

She also said that the song "pockets" was hard to play after MK played guitar on the recording as they did not want to mess it up given Mark's great performance. I actually thought the version last night was better without MK.

Mike McGoldrick organised the gig and played flute on two tracks which was, as usual, sublime.
I also spoke to Mike for about 5 minutes about Mark and he was very complimentary. He said that he forced Mike to learn the guitar and pushed him to play wherever possible. Apparently Mark likes to put Richard on pedal to force Mike to come to the fore so speak. He absolutely cannot wait to get out and tour with Mark, he was like a kid before Xmas. He spoke of Mark's humble nature and how he has absolutely no need to tour from a financial point of view but loves it so much.

I asked Mike about how Tracker sounded overall and he said it was no so dissimilar to Privateering.

Love to all,
Mark
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:31:19 AM by Millionaire Blues »

surferboy

Re: Ruth Moody in Manchester - WOW (Tracker tidbits)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 10:41:16 AM »
Thanks very much for this info.
It is hard for a boy to sleep after having talked to Ruth for a few minutes...

Onlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 10:44:01 AM »
Thanks for that Mark!   

I agree with you about Ruth and her interaction with fans.  In 2013 she was on tour with her band and came to Farndale in The North York Moors to what can only be described as a corrugated shed, The Band Room, which had the maximum capacity of 100, plus a few sheepdogs!  It must have been one of the most remote venues - just a few cottages and farms.   One of the ladies made chocolate cakes for the audience!

We also spoke to Ruth after the show and she had nice things to say about Mark and her experience of being on tour with him.

We will be seeing Mike at a few concerts in February - one at The Met in Bury.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:09:24 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinekudu88

• Guitar George
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 10:47:57 AM »
Hi

Ruth will be on 22nd in Switzerland, Solothurn. I will be there and I hope, I can ask her also some questions.
I am really excited to see and hear her. I have seen here in the Royal Albert Hall in London on the Privateering Tour of Mark. She was really amazing.

Kudu88  :clap

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 12:53:59 AM »
Thank you Mark,

I was very happy to hear that Ruth was on "Tracker" she is so wonderful and her voice is pure honey. Her collaboration with Mark is all benefit for her and her carrier since Privateering album.
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

OfflineK-alberto

• Camerado
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 12:01:29 PM »
I think that Ruth is one of the most exciting collaborations Mark has ever had. I still have Kingdom live with her on top of my personal list.
Really great to hear that 4 more songs  (why not 6??) are going to become more gems to hear...
I DO hope that this time she will be in all the European  leg of the tour.... Also in Italy!!!  ;)

surferboy

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 12:42:45 PM »
I think that Ruth is one of the most exciting collaborations Mark has ever had. I still have Kingdom live with her on top of my personal list.
Really great to hear that 4 more songs  (why not 6??) are going to become more gems to hear...
I DO hope that this time she will be in all the European  leg of the tour.... Also in Italy!!!  ;)

Your last thought would also interest me. While I don't think she will be a guest for a whole tour, It would be interesting to know if she will be again a guest for a few selected shows.

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 07:35:43 AM »
Thanks so much for sharing, Mark... this is great stuff to hear!
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineK-alberto

• Camerado
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 09:16:21 AM »
It would be interesting to know if actually four songs in the album are blessed by Ruth voice....
In the first announcement of the tracks, only one is publicly said "featuring Ruth Moody"...  8)

LoveExpresso

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 09:56:16 AM »
Well you couldn't hear her properly on Privateering anyway. I think background singing doesn't deserve a special mentioning. Maybe the last Tracker song is a duet?

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 10:34:54 PM »
Well you couldn't hear her properly on Privateering anyway. I think background singing doesn't deserve a special mentioning. Maybe the last Tracker song is a duet?

LE

I am thinking the same as LE. It makes sense. Ruth's role on the last Tracker track must be bigger than her background singing on Privateering.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 42 queries.