Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: A selfportrait by Mark Knopfler?  (Read 2313 times)

Offlineyontwocrows

• Camerado
A selfportrait by Mark Knopfler?
« on: February 13, 2015, 08:43:19 PM »
I just stumbled over this article in a German Newspaper: http://www.wochenblatt.de/nachrichten/regensburg/regionales/Phil-Collins-Alice-Cooper-Co-lockten-schon-rund-1-500-Besucher-in-Leeren-Beutel;art1172,290092
Apparently mark has drawn a sketch of himself. I would love to see it!

Here is the translation of the article (with a lot of errors, sorry)

"Take It To The Louvre"

Phil Collins, Alice Cooper & Co. already attracted 1,500 visitors to go to the museum "Leerer Beutel"

Can a rock musician draw? The question is answered by the exhibition "Take It To The Louvre" in Regensburg. The show features self-portraits by Phil Collins, Mark Knopfler, Alice Cooper, Zucchero and 150 other musical greats until March 1. 1,500 visitors have already seen the unique collection of the Munich music journalist Gunther Matejka.
What happens if rocker Alice Cooper reaches for the pen? The result is an amazing self-portrait of the musician. More than 150 stars from rock, pop, country and jazz made a self portrait for the Munich-based music journalist Gunther Matejka. The unique collection contains drawings of Phil Collins, JJ Cale, Alice Cooper, Fleetwood Mac, Ronan Keating, Sir Cliff Richard, Zucchero, Smudo and Mark Knopfler.
The exhibition - whose title is based on a dedication by Al Jarreau - has already attracted about 1,500 people since the end of November. There has also been an extensive media coverage. Bayerisches Fernsehen and Bayerischer Rundfunk, S

LoveExpresso

Offlineyontwocrows

• Camerado
Re: A selfportrait by Mark Knopfler?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 09:11:09 PM »
Oh, old stuff!   :smack
Why on earth did i miss the original post???
Thx LE

LoveExpresso

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 09:23:56 PM »
No problem, too much going on in January!

LE

OfflineSuprlinda

• Guitar George
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 07:01:22 PM »
Here is a copy of the self-portrait.  I believe a print is for sale in several sizes/formats.  I think it is copyrighted.
[img][http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/68fe6ece742146d896cbdae38ed8d8f8/regensburg-germany-14th-nov-2014-a-self-portrait-of-mark-knopfler-eaw9bc.jpg/img]

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 40 queries.