Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Complete Tracker Chord Songbook  (Read 32873 times)

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Re: Tracker Chord Songbook (Complete)
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2015, 03:31:32 PM »
Wow thanks Foma, looking forward to heart of oak, like to play that one

Yes, I like it, too, though it may be better to actually tab it, not to write in chords.

'Time Will End All Sorrow' added. Tremendous song! Just unbeliveable good. Actually I like Moody in it!

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/mark_knopfler/time_will_end_all_sorrow_crd.htm

Just 2 songs to go. But I don't have 'Hot Dog' lyrics. Anybody?

In the song topic of Hot Dog ofcourse:

http://amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=4099.0
Proud member of the AMIT crew

foma

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015, 04:07:07 PM »

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2015, 04:14:35 PM »
You are my hero foma! Thanks so much
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

foma

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2015, 04:33:04 PM »
You are welcome! Love your songs, by the way, write some more!

I left the most difficult song the last, so after hours of struggle I managed to transcribe... the 'Hot Dog'!

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/mark_knopfler/hot_dog_crd.htm

foma

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2015, 04:34:40 PM »
The songbook is done! The man from Guinness World Records already knocked at my door, it's better to go and to let him in. Enjoy!

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Re: Complete Tracker Chord Songbook
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2015, 05:06:14 PM »
Wow Foma what a great job! And incredibly fast  :thumbsup :clap

Offlineyontwocrows

• Camerado
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2015, 05:26:09 PM »
You are welcome! Love your songs, by the way, write some more!

I left the most difficult song the last, so after hours of struggle I managed to transcribe... the 'Hot Dog'!

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/mark_knopfler/hot_dog_crd.htm

Thanks, foma. Outstanding achievement! Can you point out a little bit your transcribing experience. WHich songs impressed you most? Why? Why exactly was Hot Dog a struggle? Which song you didn't like to transcribe? This is very interesting, because i think you're at the moment the only person (apart from Mark and Guy) who has an deep inside about the musical structure of the songs (i mean transcribing every song on tracker! WOW!) Can you give us some thougts?

foma

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2015, 06:06:16 PM »
Thanks, foma. Outstanding achievement! Can you point out a little bit your transcribing experience. WHich songs impressed you most? Why? Why exactly was Hot Dog a struggle? Which song you didn't like to transcribe? This is very interesting, because i think you're at the moment the only person (apart from Mark and Guy) who has an deep inside about the musical structure of the songs (i mean transcribing every song on tracker! WOW!) Can you give us some thougts?

Great question, thanks! Thank you Ingrid, too.

Yes, I feel myself now as if I was actually in the studio recording this songs, because to check it out I needed to play it through 50 times each and listen 50 times each. Apart from transcribing, it helped very much to pick up every subtle detail and to dive deep in the song. Good for me as a non-English speaker, too, to read a song word by word.

And imagine what? You can believe or not, but after that I love ALL of them. At first listen I decided to throw ‘Mighty Man’, ‘Long Cool Girl’, ‘Broken Bones’, ‘Silver Eagle’, ‘Wherever I go’ and something else. I liked quite half of an album and was already happy with that. It was pretty hard to play again 'not mine songs', but after transcribing I love them as much as songs I loved immediately.

I think what cause this, is that I know exactly what I need  to hear in a song to love it. In 'Mighty Man' is this medieval colour given by Bb Major chord, and very subtle chorus. I just wait for that and love the song.

Long Cool Girl is very classy structured song. It's in 2/4, almost reggae feeling, and it was hard to figure out when it starts actually. But it looks cool when written down. Most of the parts are repetitive, but you'll never notice that.

Skydiver and Basil used some interesting chords/bass joints, Silver Eagle is very Sailing To Philadelphia like, cool rhythm.

So basically, I think every Mark's song have something what can drive you to love it. And they all are beautiful when written down.

Although all this being said, I don't get 'Hot Dog' yet. And struggling part was just a joke :lol

Thank you!

Offlinebidib

• Guitar George
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2015, 06:51:50 PM »
Congratulations, thank you very much for this very good job  :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

foma

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2015, 07:11:49 PM »
Congratulations, thank you very much for this very good job  :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Thank you for 5 stars :)

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2015, 07:15:22 PM »
Foma maybe you can try Hot Dog with capo on 3, and then play a riff with both the A and D string covered, and then hammer on the E string. Do you get what I'm saying or do I have to film it? Sounds nicer and plays easier! let me know
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

foma

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2015, 07:29:51 PM »
Foma maybe you can try Hot Dog with capo on 3, and then play a riff with both the A and D string covered, and then hammer on the E string. Do you get what I'm saying or do I have to film it? Sounds nicer and plays easier! let me know

Yes, I got it. Works well, I think I'll edit my version of it. I think this is one of the songs where many ways actually works.

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2015, 01:56:19 AM »
I guess Richard is reheasing songs which will be on the tour at home with the chords you offered.  Thank you so much for this songbook!  Fabulous work!

Wishes
Allen
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

foma

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2015, 08:51:12 AM »
I guess Richard is reheasing songs which will be on the tour at home with the chords you offered.  Thank you so much for this songbook!  Fabulous work!

Wishes
Allen

If this was the true reason for not bringing a lot of new songs, I wish I could help with that :lol :lol

OfflineLeprechaun

• Local Hero
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2015, 10:16:36 AM »
Anyone seen the tabs for beryl? Couldnt find anything in the web.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 50 queries.