Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: AMIT reviews of Tracker  (Read 72037 times)

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
Re: AMIT reviews of Tracker
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 01:00:19 PM »
Forgive me for saying but why register for a fan (die hard fans, here)  forum when you describe a lot as terrible? Maybe you can upload something from your own music, which is obviously described as musically 10/10, or a masterpiece. Maybe you can send mark some lyrics or so, so he can write better songs since he's just started making music and playing the guitar.

You don't have to like everything, but I find it irritating 10/10 when I come here and read things like terrible, poor etc. Thats not what I registrerd for, in 2008.

Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:02:21 PM by holaknopfler »
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 01:04:50 PM »
Forgive me for saying but why register for a fan (die hard fans, here)  forum when you describe a lot as terrible? Maybe you can upload something from your own music, which is obviously described as musically 10/10, or a masterpiece. Maybe you can send mark some lyrics or so, so he can write better songs since he's just started making music and playing the guitar.

You don't have to like everything, but I find it irritating 10/10 when I come here and read things like terrible, poor etc. Thats not what I registrerd for, in 2008.

Thank you very much.

Everybody is entitled to have an opinion, and it can be positive or negative.

And there is freedom of speech, and freedom of opinion.

There is also another freedom, if you can't stand with other people using his freedom of speech and opinion, you can leave and stop suffering.

I respect all opinions, good and bad.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 01:06:27 PM »
I respect your opinion, but this is a form of art to which we are fans. And art should be allowed to both celebrate and criticize.

Just out of curiosity. Have you ever complained about the food at a restaurant? Or any service related matter? I take it that you never had thought something bad about what another person has put work into?
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 01:13:33 PM »
It has nothing to do with that. I'm not saying you cannot criticize someone's work. That's pefectly fine. It's about the contradiction that you describe a song as poor and terrible, when you're on a fan forum. I don't get that. But that'll be my fault. For now I will keep silent on this subject, say what you want to say. I think it's a very nice album.

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 01:16:42 PM »
Everybody can express the opinions. Freedom of speech not belong to anyone or anyside.  We should remember, reviews can be positive or negative.

Offlineyontwocrows

• Camerado
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2015, 01:22:35 PM »
Of course, Holaknopfler, can express his opinion as well, i suppose  :think

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 01:26:15 PM »
Freedom of speech and opinion may never put aside. And everybody can have his/her opinion. I'm not saying that someone can't.

Onlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 01:39:23 PM »
Usually Mark’s songs are “growers” but with this album most of them are immediate hits with me.  I don’t really think that’s necessarily a bad thing.  My immediate favourites were:

Laughs
Skydiver
Taormina

and after a few listens Basil has really grown on me.  Now I recognise that particular song for what it could well be - a future classic.  This song is brilliant and the fade out comes too soon paving the way for great live potential on the blue Pensa?  Nice play-out on Laughs too.

Long Cool Girl doesn’t do anything for me as is seems pretty simple lyrically and I’m not fond of the way the acoustic and slide blend with each other at the end;  I’d rather have one dominate the other more if you know what I mean.  It kind of frustrates me!

Mighty Man is just slow and boring.

His best album for a while now IMO and not really any really weak tracks.  The two previously released songs are perhaps the weakest of all though.  It appears to me to be a bit of a departure and change of direction in that there is so far only one song using the Mc’s and that can only be a good thing.  Whether you enjoy them or not, they have been overused in Mark’s music for many years now.  It happens that one of my favourite songs is the one with their accompaniment!  We’ll see how things develop and once the initial excitement wanes this review will be redundant and I’ll hate every single one of them as usual!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:46:53 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Onlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2015, 01:44:03 PM »

Thank you very much.

I can't normally be your favourite contributor then!  ;)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:48:08 PM by dmg »

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 01:49:29 PM »

Thank you very much.

Well you're one of my favorites, you always are polite, at least the things I've read. That's something I have to work on too sometimes, I know it.  :)

Onlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2015, 01:52:18 PM »

Thank you very much.

Well you're one of my favorites, you always are polite, at least the things I've read. That's something I have to work on too sometimes, I know it.  :)

Thank-you.  We're all "working on it!"  ;)

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2015, 01:52:37 PM »
Beryl, Laughs-, Basil, Lights of Taormia, Skydiver, Rivertowns are very good songs. Especially Basil is a masterpiece imho. The rest of the songs too light for MK's caliber. Can't wait to hear other 7 songs :P

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2015, 02:27:15 PM »
I have to say that the humain brain & heart are somehow mysterious (at least for mine).

When I first listened to the Get Lucky album, my brain aand my heart told me that "So Far From the Cylde" was my favourite song from the album.

Then, I realized that the song I had always playing in my head was not this one, but "Piper to the End". And I realized that SFFTC was only second best; or even further down (Border Reiver was in between).

This lunch, to my surprise, I realized that the song playing in my head was... "Long Cool Girl". That is to say, one of the least praised here.

The ways of subconsicous events are really a mistery :) but maybe my heart and body are just telling me that "Long Cool Girl" is a hidden masterpiece...

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2015, 02:31:35 PM »
May I kindly inquire where you all heard the album already?  :think

OnlineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2015, 02:40:35 PM »
May I kindly inquire where you all heard the album already?  :think

:-X
Proud member of the AMIT crew

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 36 queries.