Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK views on Guy Fletchers music  (Read 2787 times)

Onlinepeterromer

• Camerado
MK views on Guy Fletchers music
« on: April 30, 2015, 03:07:53 PM »
Has Mr. Knopfler at anytime mentioned which GF song to be his favorite ?

Perhaps "Different World" on which he participates (?) That song could also fit a future MK tour if he one day decides to play a GF tune on one of his tours.

Cheers Peter

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
Re: MK views on Guy Fletchers music
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 03:09:35 PM »

Perhaps "Different World" on which he participates (?) That song could also fit a future MK tour if he one day decides to play a GF tune on one of his tours.

Great song that one. I doubt it that MK will let GF play one of his songs on his tour, not going to happen I think. Although I would like it!
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

foma

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 03:18:23 PM »
To play Guy's songs it just would be not fair. Why not to play some Richard's fabulous instrumentals then? Or John's? Or Ruth's? Or someone else's?
To me, if Mark will share a stage with someone (I mean on his solo concert) or share a songwriting credit, the magic of Mark Knopfler will be gone!

As for Mark's opinion on Guy's music goes, I think obviously he likes it. What I'm surprised with, is why Mark didn't have any liner notes written for Guy?

Onlinepeterromer

• Camerado
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 03:20:59 PM »

Great song that one. I doubt it that MK will let GF play one of his songs on his tour, not going to happen I think. Although I would like it!

Yep. I just thought that they have been working together for what, 27 years or so, so it seems rather logical, to me anyway, that you at some point show some extra respect to a guy that has followed you in thick and thin so to speak. Or by mentioning a loyal musicians own music. I cannot recall MK has done that.
Cheers Peter

Onlinepeterromer

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 03:24:36 PM »
To play Guy's songs it just would be not fair. Why not to play some Richard's fabulous instrumentals then? Or John's? Or Ruth's? Or someone else's?
To me, if Mark will share a stage with someone (I mean on his solo concert) or share a songwriting credit, the magic of Mark Knopfler will be gone!

As for Mark's opinion on Guy's music goes, I think obviously he likes it. What I'm surprised with, is why Mark didn't have any liner notes written for Guy?

Because GF has been with him for nearly 30 years. That puts GF in my view in his own League and cannot be compared to Richards for example.
And what damage could a single track do from GF for example at one of MK concerts ?  .... just thinking.   :)
Cheers Peter

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 11:43:02 PM »
Guy is an hired musician to play Mark's music, and help out on musical bits when asked.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

foma

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 01:09:38 AM »
Guy is an hired musician to play Mark's music, and help out on musical bits when asked.

+1,000,000 I can't understand people who thinks they are best friends ever or something like that.
Actually, the best and everlasting business partnership often survives only because of the absence of a deep affection.

Affection destroys any business, partnership and especially bands. See Simon & Garfunkel, The Beatles, Knopfler brothers, Everly Brothers...

foma

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 01:19:05 AM »
Personally, I prefer a great respect over a deep affection. With this kind of relationship, your work together could virtually go on till death do your team part.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 44 queries.