Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK on upcoming radio programme  (Read 2298 times)

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
MK on upcoming radio programme
« on: May 13, 2015, 12:14:25 AM »
I have no idea if this is known about but Mark Kermode, a well-known British film critic (and more), has a new series on BBC RADIO 2 - "The Soundtrack of my Life":-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05tkt9t

It starts tomorrow night (Wednesday, 13 May 2015) at 10.00 pm British Summer Time and this is the first in a short series of four weekly programmes. The series concerns soundtrack albums and MK is one of the people to be interviewed for the programmes. I don't know which programme of the four.

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
Re: MK on upcoming radio programme
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 01:12:17 AM »
Nice find, and thanks for letting us know it.  I'm fond of BBC TV/Radio productions.   And what's this by the way?  http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02qxkx1

Wishes
Allen
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 09:58:08 AM »
Thank mrs twm, actually. I knew about the programme but didn't realise that MK was on it. It was mrs twm  who heard a "trail" for it on BBC Radio 2 and MK was mentioned in the trail.

As to your question, no idea, I'm afraid. I am not familiar with the programme. BBC Radio Devon, one of the BBC's local radio stations, is outside my area and, anyway, I shall be elsewhere at that time on Saturday. I suspect that it will just be something from TRACKER.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 12:59:13 PM »
twm is back.
long time no hear my friend.
sadly we will not be meeting this tour.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 04:04:31 PM »
I've never really been away - just a watching brief and the occasional posting when I have something to say.

I listened to last night's when driving the car. I heard no MK. However, there was an insert aboout the programme in the preceding show on BBC Radio 2, in which Mark Kermode talked about the series. Much of that insert was about "Local Hero", MK's contribution to the film and the reaction of the film's director to  MK's contribution.Last night's programme was made up mainly of Mark kermode talking to film people about soundtrack abums

Meanwhile, check your sources for something else that MK is said to have done for the BBC earlier this week.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:59:24 PM by twm »

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 06:41:56 PM »
I know that Mark Kermode is a huge fan of 'Local Hero', and MK in particular. Should be worth a listen.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 38 queries.