Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Vince Gill with Dire Straits  (Read 8887 times)

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
Re: Vince Gill with Dire Straits
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 08:50:36 PM »
What a great guitar player and what a fine job he would have done playing second guitar for DS! Specially during the OES tour!

No I think it would have been a "problem" to have 2 great and style-close guitarists in the same band imho

Vince Gill would have been a too much good challenger for Mark in songs like setting me up for example, and i think that Mark doesn't like that a band member "steals" the stage light, mainly during the OES era

in recent tours, he gaves opportunity to John and Glenn to be the "stars" during Marbletown but that's a different thing, ther are not  guitarists
in all tours including DS and solo career, the 2nd guitarist never had the chance to really exprime him self, except very few occasion (Jack in WWE, TYL,EL, PI, Hal in TYL, PI, lick in Sultans, RB on steel or Romeo in Boothbay, and few other examples..) so maybe Vince Gill knew that he would have been frustrated to be the "second" guitarist ?.... and that's why he declined:think

Btw did you guys know that Vince Gill played Setting Me Up during the 2013 Crossroads festival together with Albert Lee and Keith Urban? :)

Yes I did. Haven't seen any good footage of it :(

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
Re: Vince Gill with Dire Straits
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 09:40:37 AM »

Btw did you guys know that Vince Gill played Setting Me Up during the 2013 Crossroads festival together with Albert Lee and Keith Urban? :)

Yes I did. Haven't seen any good footage of it :(
[/quote]

It was on YouTube in really bad quality, but now i can't find it. Even thou the quality was bad, it sounded AWESOME :)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 36 queries.