Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: David Knopfler crowd funding next album  (Read 31942 times)

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
David Knopfler crowd funding next album
« on: July 28, 2015, 09:46:15 PM »
So DK is crowd funding his next album. Some pretty nice stuff he's giving away if you can afford it and you're a fan of his. Can't say I'm massively bothered but have enjoyed some of his stuff.

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
Re: David Knopfler crowd funding next album
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 10:36:09 PM »
So DK is crowd funding his next album. Some pretty nice stuff he's giving away if you can afford it and you're a fan of his. Can't say I'm massively bothered but have enjoyed some of his stuff.

Yes I saw the post on Twitter!!! I must say that I was very surprised that he had to raise fund for making his next album!! I like some songs but I have no money to give for this kind of business!!! Hope he'll find what he needs!!! Thanks Banjo99uk!!! :wave
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:06:31 PM by Marijo58 »
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 05:08:01 PM »
MK should grant him some studio time at BGS. That would a be a friendly gesture. But that won't happen, I suppose.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 08:45:01 PM »
MK should grant him some studio time at BGS. That would a be a friendly gesture. But that won't happen, I suppose.

I think the same than you Justme!! It's not going to happen but I wish MK would do that for his Brother!!
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 03:31:27 PM »
What's the working title, "Money for nothing"?  ;D
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

11-54_Stringcheese

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 07:36:42 PM »
Playing on the album would actually be cool, if one had nothing else to spend 2500 dollars on.

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 08:25:28 PM »
my idea posted some months of a private AMIT gig by Mark is actually being offered by David  ::)

No kidding Pensa !! David knows that it will work and that Fans are ready to pay big money for such an event!!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 08:58:59 PM »
Why don't we all club together on here for a private gig?
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 09:10:08 PM »

Count me out of that!   When I saw him last February his songs all sounded the same - bland and boring and he talked too much!    :disbelief
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 09:33:49 PM »
David seems to have artistic hard times so if people are interested to put money for his next record good for them.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 10:03:05 PM »

Count me out of that!   When I saw him last February his songs all sounded the same - bland and boring and he talked too much!    :disbelief

Me as well but it's because I don't want to put so much money in a private gig, I can't afford it!! Val I remember that you said so before and I understand your reasons!! :wave

Offlinejoko

• Camerado
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 10:20:13 PM »

Val, did you see him this year and was this gig one of the Grace Tour ? I ask because in October will be a gig near my home and I  am considering to attend it. But now ... I feel uneasy.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 09:00:06 AM »

Val, did you see him this year and was this gig one of the Grace Tour ? I ask because in October will be a gig near my home and I  am considering to attend it. But now ... I feel uneasy.

Hi joko!   Yes, it was this year, April actually, not February as I said before, but please don't let me put you off going to see him, it was just my opinion and you may love it!   I found the songs quite pleasant, but very samey and bland and I would say that the song he sang on the video, Nickels and Dimes, was fairly representative of most of the songs.    However I enjoyed Harry Bogdanovs guitar work very much!    :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 09:20:26 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejoko

• Camerado
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2015, 10:59:00 AM »

Hi joko!   Yes, it was this year, March actually, not February as I said before, but please don't let me put you off going to see him, it was just my opinion and you may love it!   I found the songs quite pleasant, but very samey and bland and I would say that the song he sang on the video, Nickels and Dimes, was fairly representative of most of the songs.    However I enjoyed Harry Bogdanovs guitar work very much!    :)
Thanks Val! Where was the gig in March ? I could not find one on the Tour Dates of DK. I think I'll wait for the first gigs in Germany and hope there will be some reviews. So I'll decide later ...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2015, 11:10:26 AM »

Hi joko!   Yes, it was this year, March actually, not February as I said before, but please don't let me put you off going to see him, it was just my opinion and you may love it!   I found the songs quite pleasant, but very samey and bland and I would say that the song he sang on the video, Nickels and Dimes, was fairly representative of most of the songs.    However I enjoyed Harry Bogdanovs guitar work very much!    :)
Thanks Val! Where was the gig in March ? I could not find one on the Tour Dates of DK. I think I'll wait for the first gigs in Germany and hope there will be some reviews. So I'll decide later ...

It was at The Courthouse in Otley - just 4 miles from where I live.   There were about 150 people in the audience, including Steve Phillips and family and most seemed to be big fans of DK.
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 38 queries.