Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Vinyl bootlegs  (Read 12280 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Re: Vinyl bootlegs
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2015, 02:30:48 PM »
If so, this April 13 recording is - together with the Communique demos and the rest of the Hope&Anchor gig (Eastbound Train) - on top of the list of DS stuff I pray to reappear one day.  :wave

even earlier we could pray for gigs from summer 77  8) : the "first" one described by David in the oldfield book, or the one in september on the clapham common bandstand, but you are right : at least we know for sure that the ones you quoted do really exist, the others we are not sure  :-\

Offlinewespresso

• Camerado
  • Stick at it..
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2015, 07:32:29 PM »
an interesting point about the Leeds gig is that on their first tour they tried a different order in the setlist than they did on next shows :
southbound as an opener while it became an encore later in the year, Eastbound train in third position (if we count six blade knife) while it also became an encore.
Or is the bootleg not in the original order ?  ::)

Ingo, I have an itw that came with a Barbarella's bootleg I got on tape from a french fan in 1992.
Mark is indeed saying the band was founded exactly one year ago, so I guess it's the same you're talking about
The total length is 12:44, but the speed seems too fast, so the times I'm giving are not accurate

it contains some songs from the 1st album :
- little snippet from setting me up at the beginning, just before the itw start. The radio specker says "Mark and David talk to Bob Quilby" (well at least that's what I understand, it could be slightly differently spelled)
- very little snippet (badly edited) from Water of love around 2:00
- part from Sultans between 4:47- 7:07
- part from wild west end between 8:35-10:15
- southbound at the end.
All versions are album versions.

but I can't hear any Lion snippet  :hmm
maybe I don't have the whole itw ? ???

You are right, that is the interview I was talking about, and in fact the Lions snippet IS NOT part of that interview, my mistake (it was immediately BEFORE the interview on the Leeds tape, it is a different speaker voice as well!)

I uploaded the Lions snippet here so that everyone can take a listen to these valuable 23 seconds  :lol
http://www.mk-guitar.com/sounds/lions-1978-unknown-snippet.mp3
So there's nothing more of that recording?

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2015, 10:36:43 PM »
Did you have to edit your tape and do the fade in and fade out if Southbound again, as you mention in your post?

My tape had that parts already edited so maybe was made from your transfer put on tape  :hmm

Yes, I did the fade out there. On my version it is exactly at the end of the 3rd riff in the break. The tape had at least a part of the 4th riff I think but with awful sound due to the tape defect. If you listen carefully to the last notes in the fade out you will hear the first Micky Mouse sound artefacts during the last two seconds or so.

You are right, if your version has the same editing and came from a tape it must be lossy compared to my version.
OUCH...Lossy?? ingo, can you then pls share your lossless source?
Also, Ingo,..HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!
last but not least, would it be a crime to name those 10 fans?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineIngo

• Camerado
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2015, 11:15:27 AM »
Did you have to edit your tape and do the fade in and fade out if Southbound again, as you mention in your post?

My tape had that parts already edited so maybe was made from your transfer put on tape  :hmm

Yes, I did the fade out there. On my version it is exactly at the end of the 3rd riff in the break. The tape had at least a part of the 4th riff I think but with awful sound due to the tape defect. If you listen carefully to the last notes in the fade out you will hear the first Micky Mouse sound artefacts during the last two seconds or so.

You are right, if your version has the same editing and came from a tape it must be lossy compared to my version.
OUCH...Lossy?? ingo, can you then pls share your lossless source?
Also, Ingo,..HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!
last but not least, would it be a crime to name those 10 fans?

Until recently I thought that everybody had it already. Besides legal issues (the original tape was digitalized to preserve it for the future only, not for any kind of bootlegging) I am not really experienced with FLAC and torrents and such so if anyone is willing to...
Besides it is possible that 'someone' tried to improve the original recording that was extremely 'dry' with a tiny bit of room simulation - being proud of his new mastering software at that time  ;) so it makes sense to share the original unprocessed version which might still be available.  :)

I don't remember those names except 2 or three, it was 1997! Publishing those names in a forum however seems in fact close to a 'crime'. Possibly two were Swiss, one in the UK, two or three in Germany, and some in Spain or Italy.
my Mark Knopfler guitar style website:
http://www.mk-guitar.com/

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 38 queries.