Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Brothers In Band, the DS tribute band WILL TOUR GERMANY NEXT YEAR  (Read 10547 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Brothers In Band, the Spanish tribute band, that in 2008 when they were rehearsing were confused by MK, Guy etc by a recording of them being played outside Atarfe venue, are going to tour Germany next year!!!

These are the dates, and if you live there, or close to, believe me, you can not loose the chance to see them!

05/04/16    KOBLENZ    CONLOG ARENA
06/04/16    ISERLOHN PARKTHEATER    
08/04/16    AURICH    SPARKASSEN ARENA AURICH    
10/04/16    BREMEN    MUSICAL THEATER BREMEN    
12/04/16    HAMBURG CCH – SAAL 2    
13/04/16    MAGDEBURG    STADHALLE MAGDEBURG
14/04/16    DRESDEN    ALTER SCHLACHTHOF
16/04/16    JENA    SPARKASSEN-ARENA    
17/04/16    ASCHAFFENBURG STADHALLE AM SCHLOSS
19/04/16    SAARBRÜCKEN    SAARLANDHALLE SAARBRÜCKEN
21/04/16    NÜRNBERG    MEISTERSINGERHALLE
26/04/16    BERLIN    TEMPODROM

You can buy tickets for their concerts in this link: http://brothersinband.com/bibwp/?page_id=12

After several years of touring Spain extensively, they are going to play abroad and bring their show to Germany. I know them from their beguining and when MK, Guy etc confused them with a recording of them, they were just at their beguining, they have IMPROVED a lot and their show is impresive.

The videos doesn´t make justice to how good the show it is (as videos doesnt make justice to the own MK either...), but it gives an idea, but believe me, if you have the chance to go to their shows, YOU HAVE TO!, you are not gonna regret it:

You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinetelegraph78

• Guitar George
  • Boys she can sing !
Re: Brothers In Band, the DS tribute band WILL TOUR GERMANY NEXT YEAR
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 03:07:57 PM »
hello
I wanted to go and see them end April in Paris but 50€ cheapest price.....
really i think it is too much whatever their talent is

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 04:38:48 PM »
The price is set by the promoter so think how confident the promoter is about the band to put that price.

I saw them three times and they will give you back every single euro with their performance. Actually it's cheap when the show ends, they are not great, they are  unbelievable!

Offlinejunkiedoll

• Camerado
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 10:09:14 PM »
From what one can see from the videos, they seem to be much better than various ex-member tribute bands, lol. Anyhow, I am not interested in such things, but good luck to them, seems they do it well and with respect.

Bye the way, I am wondering when the first tribute band will have the eggs to play TOTT  ;)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 10:45:03 PM »
For the worst the only available seats that are not "only by pair" are on the back.

So I gave up trying to buy a single tix, they can go to hell with their silly "you can't leave a seat alone" policy.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 04:19:36 AM »
Hats off to them, they've nailed MK. So much better than any of the ex DS member tribute bands. I'd happily go and see them especially as I'm sure they are doing it for the love of MK. Unlike the others which just don't feel right to me.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 12:57:59 PM »
Hats off to them, they've nailed MK. So much better than any of the ex DS member tribute bands. I'd happily go and see them especially as I'm sure they are doing it for the love of MK. Unlike the others which just don't feel right to me.

:thumbs

I'm not one really interested in tribute bands myself but if they come near me I'll definitely go to see them.  They sound so good and it's the only chance I'll get to hear those great songs played live again.  50 Euro is cheap compared to the cost of Mark's tickets when most of the songs on the set list are ho hum.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 02:56:06 PM »

I'm not one really interested in tribute bands myself but if they come near me I'll definitely go to see them.  They sound so good and it's the only chance I'll get to hear those great songs played live again.  50 Euro is cheap compared to the cost of Mark's tickets when most of the songs on the set list are ho hum.

I know they are a very good tribute band, but 50 euros seems very expensive to me, compared to the price of MK tickets.  MK has a lot of overheads to account for - private plane, catering, more musicians, and a large entourage of techs and roadies, etc, which tribute bands don't usually have to pay, at least not on the scale of an MK tour.  I think MK tickets are pretty cheap compared to other artists of his calibre. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 03:07:28 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 03:07:41 PM »

I know they are a very good tribute band, but 50 euros seems very expensive to me, compared to the price of MK tickets.  MK has a lot of overheads to account for - private plane, catering, more musicians to pay and a large entourage of techs and roadies, etc.   I think MK tickets are pretty cheap compared to other artists of his calibre.

A lot of his overheads are unnecessary though.  e.g. the private jet.  They lead the life of riley whist on the road. :)

Paul Carrack is touring the UK just now and tickets cost between £30-40.  Great venues too!  If I recall, last time I paid about £70 to see Mark in aircraft hangars.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 03:13:05 PM »

I know they are a very good tribute band, but 50 euros seems very expensive to me, compared to the price of MK tickets.  MK has a lot of overheads to account for - private plane, catering, more musicians to pay and a large entourage of techs and roadies, etc.   I think MK tickets are pretty cheap compared to other artists of his calibre.

A lot of his overheads are unnecessary though.  e.g. the private jet.  They lead the life of riley whist on the road. :)

Paul Carrack is touring the UK just now and tickets cost between £30-40.  Great venues too!  If I recall, last time I paid about £70 to see Mark in aircraft hangars.

Paul Carrack is only touring in the UK and the Netherlands - not the rest of Europe, US and Canada, so probably doesn't need a private jet - buses would probably do!    I don't begrudge the private jet and catering for them one bit.

I have my tickets for the last tour in front of me and I paid £50 for Manchester and Newcastle, £66 for the RAH and £55 for the O2 - all front row seats, so I don't call that expensive.  Where did you pay £70?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 03:18:39 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 03:45:18 PM »
I insist that the prices are set by the promoters. In Spain the Brothers in band tickets cost depending if the venue is a theatre or other kind of hall, about 30 euros, which you can think is too much as well, but not only they are very good in musical terms but they also play with a band of 9 musicians, like the 92 DS band, a very good lights show and the techs that are needed to manage 9 musicians and their equipment that for a tribute band is very good and professional.

Actually the 30 euros in Spain, when the show ends, is very cheap when you think of what a great performance you just saw.

If in Paris the promoter set a 50 euros price, to me that means that the French promoter have a great confidence in the band, and from what I know, they are not going to disappoint.

I didn't check how much the tickets in Germany cost, but I know that the German promoter was highly impressed by the band.

I strongly encourage any of you to go and see them if you have the chance, despite the price, you are going to enjoy the show very very much for sure, Oscar Rosende, their singer and guitarist, plays the guitar as good as the Mk from 1992 and he's very professional about his singing, taking English lessons to improve his pronunciation to perfection!

For a Spanish tribute band, is a triumph to be touring outside Spain and they totally deserve it and if they keep working so hard they touring Europe and who knows if across the pond will be something regular, they totally deserve it and they gained their fame show by show.

And Oscar Rosende is the most humble and nice person you can meet!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 07:55:10 PM »

I have my tickets for the last tour in front of me and I paid £50 for Manchester and Newcastle, £66 for the RAH and £55 for the O2 - all front row seats, so I don't call that expensive.  Where did you pay £70?

That would be "usual fee, plus expenses."  ;) 

Maybe I was thinking of RAH tickets 2013.  I did say "if I recall" and "about" in my post to be fair.  :)

I'm not even complaining about the price of tickets for Mark anyway!  I originally said that I didn't think the cost to see Brothers In Band was that bad!!!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 08:04:21 PM by dmg »

Offlinejunkiedoll

• Camerado
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2016, 11:23:46 PM »
Oscar Rosende, their singer and guitarist, plays the guitar as good as the Mk from 1992 and he's very professional about his singing, taking English lessons to improve his pronunciation to perfection!

He is good, thumbs up for that, but let´s keep a sense of proportion. MK92 consider some people arguably among the world best guitarists. Also we should not forget that MK invented such a unique style that in the end only he can produce to perfection (until today, because thats not so much about speed, but about his fingers, soul, tone...). Also phrasing is of course a huge part and one major strength of MK playing, which is no issue for someone covering because they almost exclusively use all phrases already played/invented by MK.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 11:28:15 PM by junkiedoll »

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 08:16:40 AM »
Oscar Rosende, their singer and guitarist, plays the guitar as good as the Mk from 1992 and he's very professional about his singing, taking English lessons to improve his pronunciation to perfection!

He is good, thumbs up for that, but let´s keep a sense of proportion. MK92 consider some people arguably among the world best guitarists. Also we should not forget that MK invented such a unique style that in the end only he can produce to perfection (until today, because thats not so much about speed, but about his fingers, soul, tone...). Also phrasing is of course a huge part and one major strength of MK playing, which is no issue for someone covering because they almost exclusively use all phrases already played/invented by MK.

Indeed.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 09:04:41 AM »

That's what a tribute band do, don't they?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 36 queries.