Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: John Illsley new album "Long Shadows"  (Read 11809 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: John Illsley new album "Long Shadows"
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2016, 12:21:18 PM »
Just listened John's new album, 'Long Shadows'. Man, this is great... makes me think it's Mark who wrote all of the songs and gave it to John.
You can't get more DS-like songs than this, so if you a desperate for a DS reunion, this is a perfect album for you. Anyway, great songs! :clap

Offlinestormbreaker

• Camerado
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2016, 11:56:39 AM »
Just listened John's new album, 'Long Shadows'. Man, this is great... makes me think it's Mark who wrote all of the songs and gave it to John.
You can't get more DS-like songs than this, so if you a desperate for a DS reunion, this is a perfect album for you. Anyway, great songs! :clap
Indeed! I do listen Long Shadows instead of Altamira of MK. Most horrible album MK ever made, it looked like he made only film music and didn't add his own style and taste.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2016, 12:04:36 PM »
Indeed! I do listen Long Shadows instead of Altamira of MK. Most horrible album MK ever made, it looked like he made only film music and didn't add his own style and taste.

Well, if you look carefully you will see that Altamira was made for the movie with the same name :-) I do think he added his own taste and style. Listen to Altamira, or Maria. Totally MK.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2016, 12:21:29 PM »

Well, if you look carefully you will see that Altamira was made for the movie with the same name :-) I do think he added his own taste and style. Listen to Altamira, or Maria. Totally MK.

I agree, holaknopfler - this is definitely Knopfler's style.   I love all of the Knopfler tracks, but the one that sticks in my mind is Onward, for some reason.  I find myself humming it to myself and then realise it's Onward!    The other MK tracks are typical MK and very beautiful.   I admire Evelyn Glennie's tracks too, but they spoil the flow for me, so I made a separate playlist with just MK tracks, which works very well as a complete MK work.   I can also listen to the original when I feel in that particular mood!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2016, 12:04:42 AM »
We that preordered his record won't get until May but some of you can buy it at the concerts...  >:(

Thats true, i have it too now. But hey, you saw Altamira, we have to wait for that  ;)
In June the film will be available in DVD and BR, surely before IT was shown in the rest of the world in cinemas.

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2016, 10:29:09 PM »
We that preordered his record won't get until May but some of you can buy it at the concerts...  >:(

Thats true, i have it too now. But hey, you saw Altamira, we have to wait for that  ;)
In June the film will be available in DVD and BR, surely before IT was shown in the rest of the world in cinemas.

Thanks Binone for the info!! :wave
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 36 queries.