Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: "NEW" - official "MARK KNOPFLER" you tube channel  (Read 23954 times)

Love Expresso

Re: "NEW" - official "MARK KNOPFLER" you tube channel
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 01:16:30 PM »
Very nice to see the STP documentary showing up today complete and in a proper quality. Things start to develop. I always liked these 25 minutes very much. Love the part with the immortal question still.
Well done,  who ever is responsible for that channel.

LE

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 01:35:28 PM »
Only downside is that they dropped the channel's subscribers counter and likes/dislikes counter.
I want to know exactly how many people are subscribed on MK's channel for some reason. You?

And this OFFICIAL signs on every video is a little bit annoying, as if we don't get that verified account IS official.

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 06:22:04 PM »
And includes subtitles!!

The pitty is not real Hd, but an upscale, because wasn´t filmed in HD.

The next, one, the Madrid 2001  8)

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 07:56:36 PM »
The next, one, the Madrid 2001  8)

Yeah :)

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 09:23:12 PM »
Great documentary!  :D
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineMasiakasaurus

• Camerado
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 06:24:33 PM »
That is a lovely video. I especially like when he talks of the "Love over Gold" wall. He's more open than usual in this video.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 10:43:48 PM »
Awesome, thanks !!
I didn't know about the golden heart live video, different from a night in London...
The 2007 Rudiger, BIA and Postcards are great !!
Really hope to get some more live videos in this "official" way - like the 2002 outstanding Why Aye Man, What it is from Edison awards 2003, 2009 Hurlingham....
 Madrid 2001 ? Montreux 2010 ? BBC 2013 ? Some 2015 shows ? I keep in dreaming...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 10:56:44 PM by herlock »

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 11:22:44 PM »
Awesome, thanks !!
I didn't know about the golden heart live video, different from a night in London...
Really hope to get some more live videos in this "official" way - like the 2002 outstanding Why Aye Man, What it is from Edison awards 2003, 2009 Hurlingham....
 Madrid 2001 ? Montreux 2010 ? BBC 2013 ? Some 2015 shows ? I keep in dreaming...

With the speed they upload new videos, see you in 3017 with all that stuff :)

Onlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 03:54:25 PM »
Awesome, thanks !!

With the speed they upload new videos, see you in 3017 with all that stuff :)

:lol :lol
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinemschaap

• Camerado
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 10:03:00 PM »
Anyone else feel frustrated that the only videos available of Mark 's solo career are 1. quite bad live performances by a notable nervous/uncomfortable MK backed up by his second rate band (as in those showcases and promos) or 2. rediculous playback/singback appearances and videoclips. It doesn't do justice at all to both the qualities of his work and of MK himself and his wondeful touring band as live performers. It gets even more frustrating when you realise that there's good quality footage enough available (like madrid 2001, montreux 2010, london 2013 etc.). I just don't understand why MK management would spend money on putting together such a channel without any content that actually promotes MK...

Onlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 10:24:40 PM »
Anyone else feel frustrated that the only videos available of Mark 's solo career are 1. quite bad live performances by a notable nervous/uncomfortable MK backed up by his second rate band (as in those showcases and promos) or 2. rediculous playback/singback appearances and videoclips. It doesn't do justice at all to both the qualities of his work and of MK himself and his wondeful touring band as live performers. It gets even more frustrating when you realise that there's good quality footage enough available (like madrid 2001, montreux 2010, london 2013 etc.). I just don't understand why MK management would spend money on putting together such a channel without any content that actually promotes MK...

I wholeheartedly agree and well said. :clap
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 10:28:17 AM »
True, especially for the playback video.
This said, some live videos are quite charming in this minimalist set-up: Postcards is quite cute, as Rudiger, and BIA... No flute, which is somewhat refreshing, good fellow that John is...;)

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2016, 10:46:08 AM »

You should post this on Guys new forum...

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2016, 11:32:03 AM »

Well said, but I like his "uncomfortable second band" sometimes even more than his main band, which apparently can play 80% of the setlist while sleeping. I love "09.09.09 Prince's Trust" concert, hands down the best version of "Sailing To Philadelphia" ever — what a tasty bass lines there! Man!

But frustration, unfortunately, is the word that comes to mind then you start to think about Mark's live material. Can't wait for the new "project" with Hansen, in fact ANY material of his quality would be refreshing, even if it's 8-hour 4K video clip of Mark sitting in the chair.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 38 queries.