Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: "NEW" - official "MARK KNOPFLER" you tube channel  (Read 23840 times)

Offlinemschaap

• Camerado
Re: "NEW" - official "MARK KNOPFLER" you tube channel
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2016, 01:08:17 PM »
Of course the AVO session or Hurlingham aren't all bad, there sure are some good moments, it's MK after all. But imho an overall uneasy/restrained feeling overshadows those entire performances, it's just far off how a real MK live concert can be (and should be documented).
And that socalled LIVE clip of Golden Heart on the youtube channel is clearly a playback to the album recording. I find it plain rediculous and horrific to watch real musicians, especially someone of Mark's calibre, doing a playback in a concert hall. And if that's not ambarrassing enough MK's official channel advertises it as being live!
I would not post these type of comments on Guy's forum as I respect him very much and appreciate what he's doing with his site and forum. Therefore he doesn't deserve to be bothered with negativity.
Let's just hope some decent live footage sees the light of day in the near future. Fingers crossed

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2016, 06:31:43 PM »
Of course the AVO session or Hurlingham aren't all bad, there sure are some good moments, it's MK after all. But imho an overall uneasy/restrained feeling overshadows those entire performances, it's just far off how a real MK live concert can be (and should be documented).
And that socalled LIVE clip of Golden Heart on the youtube channel is clearly a playback to the album recording. I find it plain rediculous and horrific to watch real musicians, especially someone of Mark's calibre, doing a playback in a concert hall. And if that's not ambarrassing enough MK's official channel advertises it as being live!
I would not post these type of comments on Guy's forum as I respect him very much and appreciate what he's doing with his site and forum. Therefore he doesn't deserve to be bothered with negativity.
Let's just hope some decent live footage sees the light of day in the near future. Fingers crossed

Totally agree.   The AVO session is toe-curlingly awful,  with the exception of one or two songs previously mentioned.  I can't believe that this is the performance that is usually broadcast on certain TV channels, when there is so much better live material to promote MK and his band.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2016, 07:11:16 PM »
Do any of you really expect to see unreleased footage in the official YouTube account, that is free to watch?

If they didn't give a damm about releasing videos that costed money, do you think they are going to give them away for free?

Reaaaaaally?

:o
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinemschaap

• Camerado
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2016, 08:58:01 PM »
Of course I wouldn't expect unreleased live footage to show up for free. And of course I would be more than willing to pay for it. But it also doesn't make any sense at all for them to invest serious money to film and record mutiple concerts and subsequently do nothing with it. Most of the costs are already made, but so far the benefits are zero. Better promotion would at least be a benefit. Especially when you realise the only live material that is now available on his official channel and is broadcasted from time to time on television is bad promo and even harmful to his reputation as top class musician.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 09:28:37 PM »
Of course I wouldn't expect unreleased live footage to show up for free. And of course I would be more than willing to pay for it. But it also doesn't make any sense at all for them to invest serious money to film and record mutiple concerts and subsequently do nothing with it. Most of the costs are already made, but so far the benefits are zero. Better promotion would at least be a benefit. Especially when you realise the only live material that is now available on his official channel and is broadcasted from time to time on television is bad promo and even harmful to his reputation as top class musician.

Really he only has himself to blame.  I seriously doubt much preparation or practice goes into these promo things.  He usually doesn't even do much of a warm up before a world tour these days.

I seem to recall at the time of the AVO Session Guy said they were 'rusty' and that Mark didn't have time for a vocal warm-up.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2016, 06:37:31 PM »
Honestly, I avoid watching any new live stuff these days cos Mark's playing makes me depressed. Last time Mark was Mark was on the SL tour, and it keeps getting worse.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Love Expresso

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2016, 08:01:25 PM »
I can agree to that to certain degree. I think the Tracker Tour was the worst tour of all I have been to since 1991, most songs were butchered and just a shadow of what they once were, hence my time out from not only AMIT but also Mark in general. BUT I realized, or better, I remembered that he is a complete artist on all levels, so it was not too difficult to forget the guitar hero thing, something I was never really into, and appreciate his albums, his lyrics, his voice, his general output more.

I agree about the AVO sessions which are more some sort of anti advertising. He can do much better.

I always wonder what is so difficult in waiting when a tour is commencing for the right moment when all, band, Mark, voice, audience is tight and the vibe is there to say NOW let's get in the film crew and capture the right moment for eternity.
Oh, I forgot, they never look back...  ::)  :-\

LE

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2016, 08:05:18 PM »
Honestly, I avoid watching any new live stuff these days cos Mark's playing makes me depressed. Last time Mark was Mark was on the SL tour, and it keeps getting worse.
I personnally think that the following songs were played better in 2015 than in 2005:
- Sultans (old licks again)
- R&J (with sax)
- BIA (with intro)
- Speedway (I got used to the flute !)

WOL and MFN versions of 2005 are not so great - too slow, no energy. Wam was good , but it was also good in 2011. Anyway the best was in 2002...

I agree that TR was played with more energy in 2005, but 2013/2015 versions have their charm too (great voice and end solo).  WII was also  probably better and more rocking in 2005 than in 2010/13/15, and the flute doesn't fit...

STP was still good after 2005, the 2009 Hurligham 2009 version is a killer.

Songs that did not exist live in 2005, like HFB, PFP and KOG, were very well played in 2015. Same for resurrected DS songs - YLT and OES...and the resurrected Going Home, both with and without sax, quite excellent !

Not to forget the 2010 songs like BR, Coyote and Piper, quite fantastic...

All in all, a bit unfair a statement IMHO, things are not that black and white ! :)

Love Expresso

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2016, 08:11:04 PM »
The Return of the Sax in R&J alone is not enough to say it's great IMHO. It was played by far not as good as from CW and it sounded rough, cut, unrehearsed and therefore in the wrong place.
Just sayin'.

LE

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2016, 08:38:37 PM »

Right, I guess because Mark's trying to play song written by other man and refuse to play songs written by nowadays him.

I think 99 of 100 people here will agree that come on Mark, throw O2 away and play in pubs! Play with just one guitar. And it will be EPIC.

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice episode S02E03
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2016, 10:11:54 PM »

The last Tour where MK really got me was the KTGC Tour. I made it to 6 gigs. Despite he always played the same set without any changes it rocked.
After his back problem and the GL Tour his playing and energy left slowly.
The Privateering & Tracker Tour gave nothing to me. Same songs eg. But:  The Band IS PHENOMENAL. Drums , Bass , Guitars. Excellent-
Only the current Band of Joe Bonamassa is equal to them. Check out his latest Blues Blu Ray. Live at the Greek Theatre. You will like it

So I was happy that I only bought tix for the Cologne Gig on Tracker Tour.
Privateering I saw 2 shows and went on to Cologne because only Love Expresso couldn't make it. Thanks again Wolfgang
Love will find a Way

Love Expresso

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2016, 08:42:26 AM »
It was a pleasure, Steinei. At such short notice it turned out to be a "win-win" situation for both of us I guess.

LE
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 08:49:42 AM by Love Expresso »

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2016, 08:50:02 AM »

The last Tour where MK really got me was the KTGC Tour. I made it to 6 gigs. Despite he always played the same set without any changes it rocked.
After his back problem and the GL Tour his playing and energy left slowly.
The Privateering & Tracker Tour gave nothing to me. Same songs eg. But:  The Band IS PHENOMENAL. Drums , Bass , Guitars. Excellent-
Only the current Band of Joe Bonamassa is equal to them. Check out his latest Blues Blu Ray. Live at the Greek Theatre. You will like it

So I was happy that I only bought tix for the Cologne Gig on Tracker Tour.
Privateering I saw 2 shows and went on to Cologne because only Love Expresso couldn't make it. Thanks again Wolfgang
Personnally I was impressed with the GL tour - to see how well Mark could play despite his back problem. He could have just cancelled the tour ! TR end solo was quite electrifying in Paris 2010. Maybe not the best ever, but great. And the energy level was back in 2013, Saint-Julien was a hell of a show. Maybe a bit less energy in 2015, but as you said, a fantastic band that still made the shows quite enjoyable !

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2016, 10:43:31 AM »
Why to make complain? When Marc will to wear his pants up to his breasts like Al pacino or Kristofer Walken, I will to complain and quit to listen him.

Love Expresso

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2016, 11:04:54 AM »
Just in case you never noticed, it's Mark with a K...
Are you very much into him?

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 44 queries.