Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: "NEW" - official "MARK KNOPFLER" you tube channel  (Read 23992 times)

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
Re: "NEW" - official "MARK KNOPFLER" you tube channel
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2016, 11:24:47 AM »
You remind song Boon like that"! "Krok with K - but not spelled like that way now". Nice!

I was into MarK only one time. In London.

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2016, 12:43:21 PM »
Sketchy.. :hmm

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2016, 01:51:46 PM »
Boom!

Love Expresso

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2016, 03:59:38 PM »
It goes on today with a Ragpicker’s  Dream EPK, roughly 17 min. I must admit I have never seen before. It's great to hear him say the usual stuff, nothing really new of course. The visual material is quite disappointing actually. Not a single new scene, only old stuff from Hillbillies and the STP EPK and stuff.

LE

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2016, 07:54:46 PM »
It goes on today with a Ragpicker’s  Dream EPK, roughly 17 min. I must admit I have never seen before. It's great to hear him say the usual stuff, nothing really new of course. The visual material is quite disappointing actually. Not a single new scene, only old stuff from Hillbillies and the STP EPK and stuff.

LE

I love how Mark's talking about title track as if it was written by someone else. Like — I really don't know how I did it. True inspiration maybe?

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2016, 04:23:38 PM »

LE

And very little snippets from the MK and friends show at Shepherd Bush 2002... They recorded the whole concert just for that...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2016, 11:43:20 PM »

LE

Honestly I never saw it before. Are the shots at the end taken from the Madrid 2001 recording? And from which movie are the other shots taken (with the actors)?

Offlinejeffreyvr

• Local Hero
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2016, 08:50:46 AM »
And very little snippets from the MK and friends show at Shepherd Bush 2002... They recorded the whole concert just for that...

I noticed that too. It's a shame they didn't release the whole concert. I have seen lots of MK and friends videos on Youtube, but they aren't of a great quality sadly.
Hey, don't forget your hat.

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2016, 10:37:56 AM »

LE

Honestly I never saw it before. Are the shots at the end taken from the Madrid 2001 recording? And from which movie are the other shots taken (with the actors)?

There are shots of the three NHB videoclips and the 2001 live scenes, it looks like a pavilion and it looks like Badalona to me...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2016, 12:55:14 PM »
What I initially meant was "no new material then. Apart from the Interview, they only used old material. No urge to make a new film for the RPD release obviously. Compare to the STP EPK or the Shangri-La movie and you'll see that the 2002 promo wasvery very low-key.I remember him starting to give interviews in VERY obscure TV shows or TV magazines back then.

LE

OfflineMasiakasaurus

• Camerado
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2016, 01:15:46 PM »

I noticed that too. It's a shame they didn't release the whole concert. I have seen lots of MK and friends videos on Youtube, but they aren't of a great quality sadly.
Damn, what I wouldn't do to get at proper release of all that footage...  :-[

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2016, 07:59:49 PM »
What I initially meant was "no new material then. Apart from the Interview, they only used old material. No urge to make a new film for the RPD release obviously. Compare to the STP EPK or the Shangri-La movie and you'll see that the 2002 promo wasvery very low-key.I remember him starting to give interviews in VERY obscure TV shows or TV magazines back then.

LE

I remember at the time of the STP release they pushed the boat out and took a long time carefully choosing the album cover, then organising lots of promotion for Mark, much more than they did for GH.  I guess they expected big things from it. 

It seemed that with Ed as manager this was something he took seriously but after STP era he left. Crocks just stands back and appears to let Mark do what he wants.  Passive management.  Who knows what would've happened to DS under his management...
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2016, 08:35:40 PM »

LE

I remember at the time of the STP release they pushed the boat out and took a long time carefully choosing the album cover, then organising lots of promotion for Mark, much more than they did for GH.  I guess they expected big things from it. 

It seemed that with Ed as manager this was something he took seriously but after STP era he left. Crocks just stands back and appears to let Mark do what he wants.  Passive management.  Who knows what would've happened to DS under his management...

It reminds me... I wonder how Tracker would sound if Chuck Ainlay was on board...

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2016, 08:48:57 PM »

This is the type of management that Mark wanted otherwise Ed would be still in the boat.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinewespresso

• Camerado
  • Stick at it..
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2016, 09:19:43 AM »

Just uploaded. Quality Shoe live at the Shephards Bush Empire 2002. I never saw this footage before.. was this released before?
If not, I hope they will release more of this live footage

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 40 queries.