Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Alchemy Schecter Strat replica?  (Read 3965 times)

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
Alchemy Schecter Strat replica?
« on: April 13, 2016, 06:59:13 PM »
Hi all guitar interested people :)

I came across this picture on Instagram yesterday. It looks very much alike the Red Alchemy strat. Anyone know anything about it? Or tried one? Can't find any info  about it... Would be nice to have one though  ::)

Tobben

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
Re: Alchemy Schecter Strat replica?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 10:09:56 AM »
The model pictured has the modern Schecter headstock - for legal reasons.  Mark's original Schecters had the Fender shape headstocks which makes these recent models less desirable, (apart from the big issue that the current company has little to do with the company that made the guitars in the '80s ). 
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

OfflineIngo

• Camerado
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 04:49:45 PM »
All the basic specs are wrong, it has not much to do with Mark's guitar except a similar look
my Mark Knopfler guitar style website:
http://www.mk-guitar.com/

OfflineTerry82

• Camerado
  • We are the Sultans of Swing
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 11:17:39 PM »
In fact, the guitar used on Alchemy didn´t it the Shecter Dream Machine Stratocaster?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 11:20:28 PM by Terry82 »
I don´t need to be the king of rock; because i´m the Sultan of Swing.

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 06:53:11 AM »
In fact, the guitar used on Alchemy didn´t it the Shecter Dream Machine Stratocaster?

Yes, it was.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 02:31:45 PM »

Yes, it was.

yes but with different PUs : seymour duncan instead of original schecter tapped PUs (like seen on the 1980 dortmund  gig)

OfflineIngo

• Camerado
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 02:48:52 PM »
Finally, I am building myself some MK guitar replicas. I think they are closer to the original specs than anything I have ever seen, plus I avoided anything that might compromise tone, plus some 'secrets' I think that might contribute to the original sound. I could not wait until all details are finished (the nuts are not even shaped and groved properly yet ;) ) but assembled them for some first sound checks and experiments.

They all have the dream machine body shape and contours, one-piece bodies, a unique neck profile, the correct kind of wood, the right frets etc.,  and generally differ from a Fender Strat in various details.

I am still experimenting with the mahogani for the CAR Strat (mahogani is rather a trade name, for different tree species) and other factors.

from left to right: 8218 (mahogani, CAR), 8136 (birch, the stolen sunburst), 8218 (mahogani, CAR), 8001 (ash, the replacement sunburst with the jack on the side)

If you wonder why the 8136 has no dots: I still might swap necks, so I will do these last (or leave it without?) And I had no silver output jacks so I took golden ones for now.

Sound: All have a lot in common, due to the same brass hardware and birdseye maple I guess but each one sounds clearly different from the others (note that I always judge the sound unplugged, of course they have different pickups that also sound different). The birch is the heaviest guitar and has the softest sound with a typical midrange, while the ash body makes a crsiper sound. The mahogani bodies are heavy but the aluminium pickguards are much lighter than the brass pickguards. I put Duncan SSL1s into the mahogani guitars. Both mahogani Strats sound similar yet very different! One more guitar with an ash body is still in the pipeline.

I have not decided if I will keep these all for myself or not, and I might make more. Unfortunately they take me sooo long to build...
I am already planning the finish. Especially the correct red will require some tests.

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 03:43:41 PM »
NOW we are talking! Look at these.. Beautiful! What kind of bodyparts did you use? Did you make them yourself? Is it possible to get more pictures?

Sorry for all the questions  ;D

I have to do this too 👍🤔😉
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:50:28 PM by Tobben »

OfflineIngo

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 04:05:32 PM »
What kind of bodyparts did you use? Did you make them yourself? Is it possible to get more pictures?

Yes, I built everything myself 'by hand' (which means with machines like a router led by hand with templates of course, just like Schecter did, in contrast to CNC)
They are still too raw to take many pictures, what you see in the center of the right one for example is the pencilled center line, there will be quality pictures later I guess.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 04:28:46 PM »
great  :clap

the solen one had dots on the neck. will you do the same ?

OfflineIngo

• Camerado
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 07:41:36 PM »
the solen one had dots on the neck. will you do the same ?

see above: 'f you wonder why the 8136 has no dots: I still might swap necks, so I will do these last (or leave it without?)'

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 08:37:34 PM »
These are real beauties. I wonder what they will sound like, when the finishing touches have been done.  :clap
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 38 queries.