Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The KTGC Tour  (Read 21411 times)

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
The KTGC Tour
« on: April 24, 2016, 09:39:42 PM »
I really enjoyed this tour. But no-one ever talks about it. I think Cannibals was the best opener MK has ever had, except perhaps Borded Reiver.

A lot of audience recordings are floating around. But no soundboard recording at all. I know someone recorded one of the shows in RAH illegally, but that one never got out to  the public. Do you guys know anything more? Did MK record anything themselves that we know of?

Nothing I would have liked more than to start my car on my way to work on a Monday morning, listening to a soundboard version of Cannibals..

:)

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
Re: The KTGC Tour
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 10:21:51 PM »
They've recorded every show in soundboard. There is a video of Cannibals on YouTube with the soundboard audio which was recorded from the IEM source I believe. I'm not going to post the link here, you can watch for yourself. It was a big hassle back in 2008 I remember with meet and greets being cancelled etc.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 10:43:18 PM »
There are some iem recording that are not circulating, not only from London, but the ones who have them doesn't want to share them.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 08:50:47 AM »
I really enjoyed this tour. But no-one ever talks about it. I think Cannibals was the best opener MK has ever had, except perhaps Borded Reiver.

A lot of audience recordings are floating around. But no soundboard recording at all. I know someone recorded one of the shows in RAH illegally, but that one never got out to  the public. Do you guys know anything more? Did MK record anything themselves that we know of?

Nothing I would have liked more than to start my car on my way to work on a Monday morning, listening to a soundboard version of Cannibals..

:)
my least favourite tour. even though the tour opener Show was good fun.
and i loved the Screen!
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 09:28:19 AM »
They've recorded every show in soundboard. There is a video of Cannibals on YouTube with the soundboard audio which was recorded from the IEM source I believe. I'm not going to post the link here, you can watch for yourself. It was a big hassle back in 2008 I remember with meet and greets being cancelled etc.

Woow i will check that out..

I remember the trouble because of this too.. I was a member on the mknews forum and the arguments there about it was not always very polite..

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 09:37:42 AM »
the tour with the biggest surprises in the setlist
I wish I could attend a gig from this tour but I didn't. one of my biggest regret in my DS/Mk fan history

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 10:26:40 AM »
I wish I could attend a gig from this tour but I didn't. one of my biggest regret in my DS/Mk fan history

I was lucky enough to see two shows. Absolutely one of my favorite tours too.

I don't feel so good about listening to iem recordings since there was so bad response from the band about it. What do you guys think? I was thinking more about radio show with a song or two, or a TV report. I have a TV report from Bergen with clips from cannibals and why aye man.. Will share it if it's not out there already.

Tobben

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 11:41:31 AM »

I don't feel so good about listening to iem recordings since there was so bad response from the band about it. What do you guys think? I was thinking more about radio show with a song or two, or a TV report. I have a TV report from Bergen with clips from cannibals and why aye man.. Will share it if it's not out there already.

Tobben
What do you mean about the band response ?
I could not attend but I have mix feelings about it.
On the one hand, the most innovative setlist ever, with the great HFB, the not-yet-boring Marbletown, PFP, the return of the full band going home ...
On the other hand, the songs from the new album were a bore (TLWNF and F&B), and mostly I feel a drop of energy from 2005 (WII, and above all the start of the infamous karaoke mode for TR !!).
All in all I prefered the combination of GL and P tours for nice versions of the songs (I am no fan of cannibals).
What do you think ?

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 12:03:03 PM »

Tobben
What do you mean about the band response ?
I could not attend but I have mix feelings about it.
On the one hand, the most innovative setlist ever, with the great HFB, the not-yet-boring Marbletown, PFP, the return of the full band going home ...
On the other hand, the songs from the new album were a bore (TLWNF and F&B), and mostly I feel a drop of energy from 2005 (WII, and above all the start of the infamous karaoke mode for TR !!).
All in all I prefered the combination of GL and P tours for nice versions of the songs (I am no fan of cannibals).
What do you think ?

I remember Guy actually replied on one of the topics on the mknews forum himself, saying they where saddened someone would illegally record their shows through the iem system. And that there would be consequences. If there where I don't know. Maybe that's why they started to sell live shows on the next tour, so they could have more control.

I understand the band. And I understand the guys who recorded the in ear monitors too. Having the possibility to listen to one of the shows I have attended in sbd is wonderful to me. I don't know how many times I have listen to the Stavanger 2013 recording I bought after the show.

Is there a chance they would make the 2008 recordings available on the bleecker street site? :)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 12:06:15 PM »

Tobben

As a fan and without any official live stuff made available of course I would die to hear some stealth IEM recording from that tour.
The problem is if I remember well is that the "London guy" tried to make business with it and advertised as it on the MKNews forum.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:51:22 AM by ds1984 »
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 12:34:31 PM »

Tobben

As a fan and without any official live stuff made available of course I would die to hear some stealth IEM recording from that tour.
The problem is if I remember well is that the "London guy" tried to make business with it and advertised as it on the MKNews forum.

Thats wrong. That guy didn´t try to make any bussiness with it, he just talk about in the "official" forum of MKNEWS that is the totally wrong place to do it, it arrived to MK, management, Guy's ears and they reacted, and the guy, that was about to share that recordings, had to keep it for himself.

The other guys with IEM recordings of that tour, I don´t know why they don´t want to share them, maybe they are afraid about what happened with the London guy, or maybe they just want to keep that special thing for themselfs...

This is a Cannibals video with audio synched from one of those IEM recordings in "private hands"

You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 12:37:34 PM »
Yes that's correct jbaent :)

Would love to have a complete recording though. Already listened to Cannibals about 15 times 😜😂
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 12:42:13 PM by Tobben »

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 12:43:58 PM »

Tobben

Thats wrong. That guy didn´t try to make any bussiness with it, he just talk about in the "official" forum of MKNEWS that is the totally wrong place to do it, it arrived to MK, management, Guy's ears and they reacted, and the guy, that was about to share that recordings, had to keep it for himself.

The guy that stealth the London night talked about two shows, and from memory advertised that one would be available to DL (or at least part of one) but there was something he wanted for the other one.
I don't remember if any DL link had been posted and thus removed or if it had to be posted in the following days. All I remember is that I had not been able to grab it...

And of course MKNews was the last place to do it.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2016, 12:53:19 PM »
Never liked Cannibals;  poor relation of Walk of Life.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 01:11:03 PM »
Thanks for that trip down memory lane - very enjoyable!   :)   Was the picture from Rotterdam or possibly second night Amsterdam and audio from another concert?     
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 36 queries.